PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars

rumblytummy
04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
My mother just sent an original envelope and several Disney Dollars to my DD's and I wonder if they are worth more than the amount of the dollar? They are all in perfect condition, from 1993 and 1995. There are Mickey ones, Goofy fives, and Minnie tens. She has had these for many years and I would love to be able to tell her she sent her granddaughters even more than she thought she was! :mickey:

rumblytummy
04-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Oops, sorry, these are actually 1991, Mickey's and 1993 Goofy and Minnie's. Thanks :blush:

Beast_fanatic
04-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Not too sure. You might check out ebay to get an idea of what similar items are selling for...

Altair
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Do the serial numbers start with an "A" or a "D"?
This makes a big difference since D series notes are usually more valuable. Crisp uncirculated tens with a D prefix from those dates can go for $50 to $60 on eBay. If the notes are folded even once their value drops to near face value. Ones and fives are worth more than face, but the tens are much more rare.
A "D" note was printed for WDW, while an "A" note was printed for Disneyland and the Disney Store. Now the stores use a "T" prefex note. Any note can be used in all locations. :mickey:

Overall, Disney Dollars in crisp uncirculated condition are worth more than face value to collectors. Some dates and denominations are worth more than others.

acetate
05-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Can you still get them at the Disney Store? and do they still accept them to pay for something?

Beast_fanatic
05-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Can you still get them at the Disney Store? and do they still accept them to pay for something?

Yes, and yes.

adamsfam5
05-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Just type in "Disney Dollar" on Ebay and see how much some people sell these for. I was wanting to buy some for my kids - just at face value - and quickly found that Ebay is not the place to buy them at face value! Good luck!

gtlovell6
05-16-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't understand the Disney Dollar system. I thought I would get some for the kids chores to earn for our trip to WDW. Can they spend them anywhere in WDW? Resorts, shops, food etc? And what about on the cruise ship?
THANKS