PDA

View Full Version : Dis Resort Guests turned away @capcaity?

jbrentf
04-06-2006, 10:24 PM
I was speaking w/ a disney reservation agent re: July 4 week and he said there is a good chance the disney resort guests would be turned away beginning late am. He said once they reach a "Level 2 or 3" they begin turning away non-resort guests and the "Level 4" anyone. Does anyone have any experience w/ this? what do the levels represent?

Funforall
04-06-2006, 10:40 PM
On December 31, 1999 we were able to get into Epcot even though the gates were closed. I understood at that time that we would definitly be able to get into whatever park we wanted.

tjmouse
04-06-2006, 10:41 PM
On July 4th, there is a good chance that MK will fill to capacity. First they turn away day guests. Then I don't know what order, but they resort guests are last. Resort guests are guaranteed admission, but not to a particular park, so if MK is full, you can go to Epcot, MGM or AK if they are not full. I don't think I have heard of any other park filling except maybe MGM rarely.

I would not be in MK for the 4th anyway. My friend was and it was literally shoulder to shoulder. No thanks! I think the monorail resorts close their beaches to non-resort guests that night as well, but I could be mistaken.

I would go to Epcot I think, but that's just me!

Carol
04-07-2006, 06:38 AM
what do the levels represent?
Resort guests are guaranteed entry to a park ... not necessarily the park destination of their choice.

It is only when all of the parks reach "Phase 4" simultaneously that access is denied across the boards. It is very rare that all of the parks reach phase 4 at the same time. Typically there is a park open that resort guests can be sent to as an alternative. As guests leave ... more are allowed in.

Phase One - Open to anyone with a park pass and resort guests.

Phase Two - Open to anyone with a multi-day park pass and resort guests.
2A - Open to anyone utilizing the last day of their multi-day pass and resort guests.

Phase Three - Open to resort guests only.

Phase 4 - No entry available. The park has reached capacity.