PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Now Playing)

wdwnomad
02-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Wed Feb 1, 6:26 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co and Walden Media have started pre-production on a second film based on C.S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia" children's books, a Disney spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The second film, "Prince Caspian," starring the same four child actors as "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," is expected to be released in 2007.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," released December 9, has earned $634.4 million at box offices worldwide, according to online box office tracking site Box Office Mojo.

By domestic box office results, it is the 28th most-viewed film ever.

Disney and Walden split the profits equally from the "Narnia" films.

Melanie
02-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Great news! :clappy:

Disneypixie513
12-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Here's the link to the official trailer for the next in the Narnia series, Prince Caspian,which comes out May 16th,2008.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Website (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/)

My personal thoughts:
I've read all 7 of the Narnia books and Prince Caspian is one of my favorites. After watching the trailer i was very disappointed. I thought there was alot of content that wasn't in the books. And the content that was in the movie and the book looked different. I'll still be going to see this movie and i'm still excited..But i'm expecting to come out of the theater disappointed :(

NJBelle
12-07-2007, 12:12 PM
hm.... Prince Caspian is my favorite book in the series. It looks so much different from the movie. That's dissapointing. :(

It looks scary. My 4 yo brother loves the LWW and is looking forward to this movie to come out. I'm not so sure he would like it now.

On the other hand, it looks very exciting. I'm into action movies (Lord of the Rings espescially). This looks like it'll be different from the book yet a good movie.

Isn't it funny how much older William Moseley (Peter), Gergie Henely (Lucy), and Skandar Keynes (Edmund) look? Anna Poppelwell looks like she hasn't aged though. She's beautiful as ever.

Disneypixie513
12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Isn't it funny how much older William Moseley (Peter), Gergie Henely (Lucy), and Skandar Keynes (Edmund) look? Anna Poppelwell looks like she hasn't aged though.

Yea i thought Lucy and Edmund looked older..Though Peter and Susan look the same to me..I can't believe who they have for Caspian(he's 26)..He doesn't look right at all..Caspian is supposed to have blond hair,blue eyes(it says that somewhere in the book i think) and to me he doesn't have that youthful innocence that i imagine with Caspian because he's so young(In the book he's around 13 years old,i think)...

LibertyTreeGal
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Well, don't get upset yet. Remember that they piece together scenes that may or may not be in the final cut (often they are not) and they do it in such a way as to appear interesting to those who have not read the books (which is most people) and often have nothing to do at all with the way the film actually plays out. The movie is still months away from being in its final form, so you never know :D

NJBelle
12-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Caspian is too old. It's sad. Caspian has always been a very special character to me. You're right about the not having youthful innocence. Something just isn't right about this guy. sigh

Oh well. I still look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

NotaGeek
12-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I think it looks great, and I also think I will hold out for the actual full-length feature before I decide on liking the actor playing Caspian. I can't make decisions like that from a 1 minute trailer.

NJBelle
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
*humbles self* So maybe I made a quick judgement. It's just that Prince Caspian is one of my favorite books and I get passionate when movies differ from the books.

It does look exciting and cool. I'm just worried about it being against the book. :blush:

(I am a huge book worm)

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Trailer seemed okay..I didn't like the first movie at all, so my hopes are pretty low for this one..but time will tell :)

murphy1
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I can't wait for the movie, thanks for the trailer! I'm going to miss Tilda Swenson, she was so fab in the LWW.

MCFantasia
01-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Just saw a preview for this... not sure how I feel about it. Anyone else have any thoughts?

joanna71985
01-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Counting down the days til it comes out! May can't come soon enough.

NotaGeek
01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
You can check out info on either the The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Website (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/) or the Narina Prince Caspian Yahoo Page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809244324/info) ... I am really excited for this film!

NotaGeek
05-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Only 15 more days! WOO HOO! I am so happy that the good summer movies are finally right around the corner ... the past few months has been kind of blah in the cinema.

joanna71985
05-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Only 2 weeks to go!!! I can't wait for the 16th- I am going to the midnight show. Soooooo excited!!!!:number1:

barnaby
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Prince Caspian as well as the new Indiana Jones, both of which come out in May.
Also looking forward to The Dark Knight and Wall-E.

Coolest thing is - we live 10 minutes from New Jersey's only Drive-In movie theater still in operation. 8 bucks/adult and 3 bucks/child and its always a double feature. :)

Rhetoric2000
05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
26 year old Prince Caspian?

No No No No No No No No No

Nothing to do with "how they do it" or "thinking the actor looks wrong" - that's changing the fundamental basis of the story.

Won't be going.

Jeff G
05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I just purchased tickets for Friday night, my kids are so pumped to see this movie as am I:D. They have a midnight showing on Thursday and one of my DD's(11) friends is going but since it's a school night I nixed that idea.

Coolest thing is - we live 10 minutes from New Jersey's only Drive-In movie theater still in operation. 8 bucks/adult and 3 bucks/child and its always a double feature. :)

Drive In's are great and from what I understand are making a huge comeback. A few years back a new one opened in our area with state of the art sound and it is super clean. When they first opened they played a lot of 2nd rate films but last year they started playing new releases in a double feature format with a cost of $6/adult and $1/kids. I can take my family of 6 for around $30 with snacks:thumbsup:. Unfortunately it's been to cold and rainy here so we have yet to have the opportunity to go but once the weather turns we'll be there.

The only downfall is this place is insanly popular and is usually sold out 2 hours before the movie starts so we have to arrive very early. They do have swings, basketball, putt putt, an arcade and $.50 horse wagon rides to bide the time which makes for a fun family night.

LauraleeH
05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Did anyone watch Ben Barnes (Caspian) and Switchfoot on Jay Leno last night? Switchfoot did a great job performing their song for the movie. I officially like Ben Barnes, too. He seems down to earth and I'm really excited for the movie.

Why is everyone saying they imagined Caspian as a boy? In the book, it says he's about Peter's age...?

I do think that the movie will be a lot different. I don't remember the White Witch being in the book so why is she in the previews? Also, from the clip on Jay Leno, Caspian and the Pevensies meet in a different way than the book...of course, I guess I will just have to wait and see! ;)

joanna71985
05-14-2008, 12:57 PM
No, I didn't. I tried to, but I fell asleep.:(

However, there was an amazing special about Prince Caspian on the TV Guide Channel. It was really good!!

ChipnDaleGal
05-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I really don't know anything about these movies, I haven't seen the first one, but I saw the actor that plays the lead in this new movie on Jimmy Kimmel last night. What an charming cutie pie! I think I might need to get up to speed and see the first one so we can go see this new one in the theatre. :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
My wife and I were lucky to be included in a pre-screening of the movie earlier this week. It is great! If you are a Narnia fan, it is not to be missed.

NotaGeek
05-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I really don't know anything about these movies, I haven't seen the first one, but I saw the actor that plays the lead in this new movie on Jimmy Kimmel last night. What an charming cutie pie! I think I might need to get up to speed and see the first one so we can go see this new one in the theatre. :thumbsup:

Oh Donna ... you will like it! These books were my favorites when I was young and innocent (besides the Wizard of Oz books of course) ... I read them all several times. I loved the first movie, but some of the CGI was sketchy ... this new movie looks amazing and I can't wait.

ChipnDaleGal
05-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Dakota loves the books too, Michael. I'm not sure why I couldn't get into the idea of the first movie. But this Ben Barnes fellow has piqued my interest! :heart:

LauraleeH
05-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I wish I had known that he was going to be on last night!

joanna71985
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
My wife and I were lucky to be included in a pre-screening of the movie earlier this week. It is great! If you are a Narnia fan, it is not to be missed.

Ah! Lucky!!

barnaby
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Drive In's are great and from what I understand are making a huge comeback. A few years back a new one opened in our area with state of the art sound and it is super clean. When they first opened they played a lot of 2nd rate films but last year they started playing new releases in a double feature format with a cost of $6/adult and $1/kids. I can take my family of 6 for around $30 with snacks:thumbsup:. Unfortunately it's been to cold and rainy here so we have yet to have the opportunity to go but once the weather turns we'll be there.

The only downfall is this place is insanly popular and is usually sold out 2 hours before the movie starts so we have to arrive very early. They do have swings, basketball, putt putt, an arcade and $.50 horse wagon rides to bide the time which makes for a fun family night.

Sounds like your drive-in is pretty nice with the extra amenties.
We don't have any extra stuff, but the sound (now through your FM radio) and picture are better than days of old. I grew going to the drive in every weekend where I lived in PA , my friend's father was a projectionst.

Unfortunately, no Caspian this week at our drive-in.
I am hoping for a Caspian and Indy double feature next weekend! :)

Melanie
05-15-2008, 05:08 PM
We're very excited for this movie in our house. We loved the first movie, and my oldest just finished reading the books a few months back. Prince Caspian is his favorite. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
05-15-2008, 07:03 PM
We're very excited for this movie in our house. We loved the first movie, and my oldest just finished reading the books a few months back. Prince Caspian is his favorite. :thumbsup:

Tell Josh it was my favorite, too! I hope to see this on Saturday.

joanna71985
05-15-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm seeing it in less then 3 hours!!!

murphy1
05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
We're going Sunday, I'm excited!! Donna, I am shocked you haven't seen the first one. I really loved the first one and thought the movie did justice to the book. Someone please report if this would be okay for an 8 yo to see, I've seen mixed advice on it.

joanna71985
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
I saw it at midnight. Oh my goodness, it was amazing!!! I loved it. I won't give anything away, but it is great. Nothing too violent, and the 5 kids are perfect in their roles. I give it a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seeing it again in 6 hours!!

LauraleeH
05-16-2008, 06:11 PM
I didn't make it to the midnight showing so I saw it at 12:30 today and I loved it! I went with my mom and she keeps saying she loves it more than the first, so it's definitely good.

I actually jumped twice in the first movie, and I didn't jump at anything this time. If the 8 year old saw the first then I think this would be alright. There is only one scene I would worry about for little kids...if anyone wants to know, send me a message and I will explain.

I will definitely be seeing it again soon, it's wonderful.

murphy1
05-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks, I'll let her go ahead and see it. I remember a couple scenes from the book that could be hard.

Disneypixie513
05-17-2008, 10:09 AM
We're going tomorrow at Noon..
I'm going with a optomistic attitude and try not to be too critical..But I think i'm going to like the 1st one better..
My sister on the other hand is super excited.
It's actually a little funny..
When i heard they were making PC, I was super excited, and my sister was just kinda "Blah..I don't think i'll see it." But once trailers and stuff came out. I was kinda "oh my..looks like they changed alot" and got a little bummed and didn't want to see it as bad..But my sister saw commercial ands was like "Oh My Gosh! I have to see this movie!"

joanna71985
05-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I think it's even better the more you see it. I saw it last night, and noticed more things the second time around.

LauraleeH
05-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I think it's even better the more you see it. I saw it last night, and noticed more things the second time around.
I can't wait to see it again. I tend to like movies a lot more the second time around, anyway!

jrkcr
05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm happy to hear that everyone seems to like this movie!

DD 14 wanted to go see the midnight show, but I just couldn't see doing that. So I'll be taking my DD's 16,14 and 8 to see it tomorrow morning!! I love morning movies-no crowds! :cloud9:

I hardly ever watch trailers for any movie I plan to see. So I can't wait to see how the "kids" look now!

joanna71985
05-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I hardly ever watch trailers for any movie I plan to see. So I can't wait to see how the "kids" look now!

Oh my goodness, all 4 are so much more grown up now (especially Georgie/Lucy). And Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian) is awsome!

murphy1
05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Just got back. Just a warning, this one is more violent than the first one, well, there is just a lot more to the battle scenes and a lot more of them. Still no blood, director handles that well. It was long! My 8 yo did like the movie. I loved the scenery!!! Ben was great and the two little kids really grew, you're right! White Witch scene was fantastic, one of my favorites! I thought the rat they added was cute, but it wasn't true to the book, so sometimes was a bit much. One thing I kept telling myself was that the kids were coming back as kids who had been adults, it helped make things really believable. Did like overall, but the first is my favorite, love Tilda the White Witch!!

On to Indy!!

joanna71985
05-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Back from seeing it again. This time I took my little brothers (who are 7 and 10). They really enjoyed it a lot!

murphy1
05-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow, you liked it a lot seeing it again! I really missed Tumnus and the Beavers this time, I knew they wouldn't be in it, but I love them, too!

joanna71985
05-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow, you liked it a lot seeing it again! I really missed Tumnus and the Beavers this time, I knew they wouldn't be in it, but I love them, too!

Yeah. But I'm not sure which I like more...the film, or Prince Caspian.:blush:

Yeah, I missed Mr. Tumnus. He is awsome!

DizneyFreak2002
05-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I will have to go see this one next week... Did anyone notice that Narnia beat Iron Man this week???

lovetheprincesses
05-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I was disappointed that there wasn't a "final scene" after the credits for this one. Is there any word on making any of the other books into movies?

Melanie
05-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Is there any word on making any of the other books into movies?

Yes. "The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader," is due for release in summer 2010.

Disneypixie513
05-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Well..I knew i was going to be a hard critque for the movie..
For me, It was good...If you don't compare it to the books..But compare it to the book, not too great for me..
The basic story line was there..But they changed too much for me..Totally changed Peter's and Caspian's characters from the book..But i think more-so Peter.
Wasn't too fond of of the little romance between Susan and Caspian..Wow, never thought i'd say something like that. :blush:
But all said and done, I would buy it and watch it again..
(oh and i LOVED Repecheep! He one of my dad's and my favorite characters)

jrkcr
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
I liked it. Not as much as the first, but then sequels are rarely as good as we think they should be. I knew they would leave Narnia at the end(I have read the books), but I still wanted to yell at the screen "Don't leave!!" I'd prefer to stay with Prince Caspian!! :blush:
:thumbsup:

DisneyFanaticDargon
05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
The basic story line was there..But they changed too much for me..Totally changed Peter's and Caspian's characters from the book..But i think more-so Peter.

I think this was done more for character development. Prince Caspian is an excellent book, but sitting through a 2 hour+ movie is somewhat difficult if there's no character development or conflict. I enjoyed the friction between the two characters as it made each one's growth throughout the film much more noticeable. Honestly, I can't imagine Peter being so noble as to say "Oh well, 1300 years later I might as well give it up even though I'm perfectly capable of becoming King again, I'll just pass it along to this guy I've only just met and barely know."

LibertyTreeGal
05-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Still not sure how I felt about it, but I do think it should have been PG-13 and not PG. It was very much more intense and violent than the first.

DisneyAddict62
05-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Took the kids last night, we like to wait a week or so after the release date, not so crowded!

We all loved it! That Prince Caspian, what a little hottie! My 17yo DD's eyes were glued to the screen! Okay, okay, mine too!:blush:

I never read the books, but it sounded like the two older ones would not be in the next movie?

KylesMom
05-27-2008, 12:14 AM
DS and I saw it late this afternoon. Although I have not read the books, he's read the first two (just finished Caspian in school). He said that the first movie was true to the book, but this second one was WAY different. I enjoyed the movie, but I got the same feeling that Peter & Susan wouldn't be back. I must admit that I was shocked that it was 2 1/2 hours, but DS really wanted to see it and despite how different it was than the book, he enjoyed it. I'd give it a :thumbsup: .

Disneypixie513
05-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Nope, Peter and Susan aren't in anymore more books as kids..Peter is in the Last Battle, but he's all grown up. So the next movie (The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader) it will only be Edmund and Lucy. (as far as the Pevensies go.)
But that won't be out till 2010.

WDWFREAK101
05-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I know it is sort of late but who has seen it? Did you like it? My friend is coming down for a week in Florida and she and I are thinking about doing some things. We are thinking about seeing the new Narnia flick. I enjoyed the first so I'm excited to see this movie. Is it any good? I have heard that you will eiether LOVE it or DISPISE it. What do you guys think?

joanna71985
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I know it is sort of late but who has seen it? Did you like it? My friend is coming down for a week in Florida and she and I are thinking about doing some things. We are thinking about seeing the new Narnia flick. I enjoyed the first so I'm excited to see this movie. Is it any good? I have heard that you will eiether LOVE it or DISPISE it. What do you guys think?

I have seen it 3 times now, and absolutely love it!! It is really good.

DakotaDisney
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I just saw it on the Disney Wonder Cruise on May 20.

I liked it, but I think I like the first one better.

hokies4life
05-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I was worried I wouldn't like this movie very much because I wasn't crazy about the first...it was ok...

But DBF really wanted to go see it. I thought it was Amazing!! :thumbsup: I haven't read any of the books in many years, so I can't compare the two.

I will say that right before the movie started we saw two parents and a child that looked about 4 or 5 come in and I was worried they would become scared or start crying during the movie, but they handled it fine. There were a couple scary parts, but nothing too bad.

:chipdale:

PirateLover
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I actually just saw both movies pretty much back to back. I thoroughly enjoyed them both. The imagery in the first one was much nicer... Narnia was lush and alive. Of course in Caspian, everything is meant to be dark and dreary. While it took a little away from the magic, I still can't say that I liked one movie better than the other. They were both really good in my opinion. :thumbsup:

LauraleeH
05-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I saw it again last night, and I think it was even better than the first time. At least, Ben Barnes looks better every time I see him ;) :secret:

disneydrmr
06-02-2008, 09:07 AM
OH MY GOSH! This movie is AWESOME! Just saw it yesterday (only about 10 people total in the theater) and I LOVED It! Prince Caspian is a hottie! :cloud9: It was a lot 'darker' than the first, but the effects were awesome! I was blown away by the water scene. Lot more 'violence' in this one, but as another poster said.. it was well done and you don't see any blood and such. I love Reepecheep. It's been awhile since I've read Prince Caspian. I know the movie does not follow it all that closely... I just don't seem to remember an attack on the castle.. was that in the book?

joanna71985
06-02-2008, 09:53 AM
I saw it again last night, and I think it was even better than the first time. At least, Ben Barnes looks better every time I see him ;) :secret:

Amen to that!!:thumbsup: