PDA

View Full Version : You know you're obsessed with VMK when...

janebanks
06-05-2005, 01:32 AM
...you roll your baby's highchair over to your desk so you can play VMK while you feed him

...then you get so wrapped up in searching for hidden mickeys that you forget you're supposed to be feeding him and he falls asleep

...but you don't even notice that he's asleep until you come out of the fireworks game and realize how quiet it is!

...and then instead of feeling properly ashamed of yourself, your first thought is that you will tell your Enter Caught friends about this and they will lol !

People, I need serious help!

[ June 05, 2005, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: janebanks ]

BettyBoop
06-05-2005, 02:01 AM
It's O.K. My whole family thinks I am insane now. They are always making fun of me for playing VMK. I can't stop. I am finding myself thinking about it when I am not even home. That is crazy! It is funny because when I get on and none of my favorite "friends" are on there I get sad. If that isn't scary I don't know what is..... I also freaked out tonight when I couldn't get on! Help me too! graemlins/crazy.gif

Meag0728
06-05-2005, 10:02 AM
The first thing you do after coming home from work, where you have been sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours is log on to get a fix before dinner.

When you announce to your family memebers you want to be on VMK between 7:00 and 7:30 the latest cause you are going to meet your friend Berri who you worked and talked with all day

If you have a college placement test and you say you aren't going on VMK cause you need some sleep. Then you give yourself a 9pm cut off time to go to bed, then 9:30, then 10:00 and it would have kept going up had VMK not booted you off and you take that as a sign

mars
06-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I've been having VMK dreams! I've always had vivid dreams but now I can read the conversations and I'm entering different rooms at Disney. This is serious stuff :eek:

Also I find myself telling my DS he can't use the computer because I need to do something important, and then I turn around and log on to VMK! Yikes when he catches me I'll be in trouble :D

And janebanks - I've done something similar! One day my DS was watching TV and all of the sudden it gets really quiet and I realize he's fallen asleep. Instead of taking advantage of that time to get something done, I keep playing VMK!

[ June 05, 2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: mars ]

LittleSpirit02
06-05-2005, 04:25 PM
</font> You start spelling numbers as won, too, tree, for, hive, sick... too and tea, for tea, hive tea...etc.</font> You start spelling greetings as "aw low ha"</font> You've strangely found out that on VMK you can say kills but not love. :confused:</font> You've not only found all 50 Mickeys, you've written all of their locations down and help people find them.</font>

buzznwoodysmom
06-05-2005, 07:09 PM
You won't let your kids play on the computer because you are "doing some work". My poor kids have been wanting to play their games and I don't want to get off to let them. We need another computer in this house soon.

gonk12
06-05-2005, 11:05 PM
...when you're too busy playing to make dinner. I had to force myself away from my computer to eat!

...when you were present for both the opening and closing of vmk for the day. Yep that's me. graemlins/blush.gif

gonk12
06-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by LittleSpirit02:
You've strangely found out that on VMK you can say kills but not love. :confused: I found that really odd too!

DisneyOrlando
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey Agnes!! You're too funny!! Good topic by the way, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who is crazy about this game!!

Sometimes when I'm washing the dishes I swear I can hear the music from the tiki room in the background, lol graemlins/silly.gif !!

kag426
06-06-2005, 10:50 AM
...Your laundry is piled so high you can't reach the top.
...Your husband has lost 10 pounds in the last week because you've told him to fend for himself 6 out of the 7 dinners.
...You dog growls at you because he hasn't seen you in a week and no longer recognizes you.
...The flies have begun to swarm around the kitchen sink.

LOL Ok, maybe it's not that bad, but give me a few more days and I swear it's possible.

buzznwoodysmom
06-06-2005, 11:26 AM
OK now I know I am obsessed. I had constant dreams about VMK last night. When I woke up this morning I had to admit my obsession to myself.

Claytonia
06-07-2005, 08:59 AM
</font> You type an entire email without any punctuation whatsoever.</font> Inexplicably, you refer to your husband as your "male wife" or "other half" on a far too frequent basis.</font> You start reading feng shui books so that your VMK room will be arranged in a peaceful, harmonious way. Meanwhile, your male wife has to use various piles of dirty dishes as landmarks to find his way around your actual house.</font> You ride the real Jungle Cruise and startle your fellow passengers by screaming "YES! SCORE!!!" every time you take a picture.</font> You start whistling the background music from your room.</font> When explaining the day's VMK activities to others in your household, you refer to your friends HauntedMansionFreek, CutiePye, and Guest12748 with a totally straight face.</font> You lie awake at night wondering what kind of games they'll have when they finally open Frontierland, and also, do those green sandals really go with that purple Tink t-shirt, or was your friend Diznyrulz just being nice when she said yes its fine seriously i promise?</font>

mars
06-07-2005, 11:26 AM
You know its bad when you start whistling, and realize the song is from Central Plaza :eek:

Tinkermom
06-07-2005, 11:41 PM
I too have had VMK dreams and dream of conversations between me, punchcat and snarky. :eek:

- When the family is fighting over VMK and who gets the computer so you actually go out and buy another computer. Of course it is a gift to our boys for getting straight "A's". At least that is what DH and I are saying. graemlins/crazy.gif

- Even when you log off you feel like you missing something and log back on!

Originally posted by DisneyOrlando:

Sometimes when I'm washing the dishes I swear I can hear the music from the tiki room in the background, lol graemlins/silly.gif !! Hey Punchcat, you must have alot of dishes! You were washing them in the corner of Meag's room for a really long time! LOL!

Lisa graemlins/mickey.gif

[ June 07, 2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Tinkermom ]

Patricia
06-08-2005, 03:38 AM
So tonight... my real friend calls on a real phone and I tell her I can't talk because I'm helping snarky kill the pirates (insert very long quiet pause here). She has no idea what that means and yet eventually she started to laugh and said "Your pathetic. You have no life" and she hung up.

graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif

DisneyLiz
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Patricia:
So tonight... my real friend calls on a real phone and I tell her I can't talk because I'm helping snarky kill the pirates (insert very long quiet pause here). She has no idea what that means and yet eventually she started to laugh and said "Your pathetic. You have no life" and she hung up.

graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif I'm beginning to agree with your friend... we have no life. ;)

My clue is... you've been telling yourself "5 more minutes" for the last 4 hours...

Meag0728
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLiz:
My clue is... you've been telling yourself "5 more minutes" for the last 4 hours... I do that all the time! graemlins/crazy.gif I say "I have to leave by 10" and then suddenly it's 11!

Meag0728
06-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Tinkermom:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DisneyOrlando:
Sometimes when I'm washing the dishes I swear I can hear the music from the tiki room in the background, lol graemlins/silly.gif !! Hey Punchcat, you must have alot of dishes! You were washing them in the corner of Meag's room for a really long time! LOL!

Lisa graemlins/mickey.gif </font>[/QUOTE]She was there for a very long time! Those must have been some seriously dirty dishes graemlins/laughing.gif Sorry I couldn't wait for you to come back.

trackbarroness
06-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by gonk12:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LittleSpirit02:
You've strangely found out that on VMK you can say kills but not love. :confused: I found that really odd too! </font>[/QUOTE]Can you say like on VMK? How come you can't combine tree and limb on VMK? graemlins/laughing.gif

MissMaryPoppins
06-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm lost here. what is VMK??

gonk12
06-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by MissMaryPoppins:
I'm lost here. what is VMK?? VMK stands for Virtual Magic Kingdom... It's a massively multiplayer online game based on magic kingdom. It's like a community with games and activities. You can play it online. And it's fun! (and addicting... so watch out...)

SparkleMeTink
06-22-2005, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mars:
[QB] I've been having VMK dreams! I've always had vivid dreams but now I can read the conversations and I'm entering different rooms at Disney. This is serious stuff :eek:

OMG! This is totally me. I had a VMK dream the other night and I felt so guilty I didn't tell my husband (I can say husband here! LOL). I just had to tell my Enter Caught friends first!

LOL

Womble
06-27-2005, 02:46 PM
…When your wife comes home and she asks “How’s your day been?” and the first thing you say is “I meet another Enter Caughtee and got third best score on pirates behind Patti!”

Tinkerbell627
06-27-2005, 03:22 PM
You know you are obsessed with VMK when you have your loved ones call you buy your VMK name. In my case, that is Zumop.

I get my AIM screen name and VMK mixed up sometimes. I was talking with my friends online last night, and they said, "Hi Sam." I was like, "Sam who?"

Meghan
06-27-2005, 05:42 PM
... You're asked by your boss not to play VMK when you sit at the back computer because people walking by can see your computer screen, but you play anyways, being careful to quickly minimize the window if you hear her voice nearby.

Its a sad, addicted life I lead...

For the summer, until I move into my new apartment September 1st I'm subleting a friends place, and since she doesn't have the internet, I moved my computer to my parents house which I'm only at on the weekends. They don't have DSL at home so I can only play at work, (I'm a receptionist and the phone hardly ever rings so its ok) but only on certain computers that don't face the entire office. And yet I play every day regardless of where I'm sitting. Sigh. graemlins/shakehead.gif

JPL
06-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by gonk12:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MissMaryPoppins:
I'm lost here. what is VMK?? VMK stands for Virtual Magic Kingdom... It's a massively multiplayer online game based on magic kingdom. It's like a community with games and activities. You can play it online. And it's fun! (and addicting... so watch out...) </font>[/QUOTE]Sure Petey warn me now :rolleyes: alot of help you are tongue.gif

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DisneyLiz:
My clue is... you've been telling yourself "5 more minutes" for the last 4 hours...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do that all the time! I say "I have to leave by 10" and then suddenly it's 11!

For me it's one more game of fireworks then I'll leave 10 games and some long chat session later
graemlins/blush.gif

[ June 28, 2005, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: JPL ]

Patricia
06-28-2005, 02:05 AM
So.. Jeff, have you got your fireworks magic yet? Or do you need some more time?

graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif

MaryBelle
06-28-2005, 02:17 AM
...when you have a song stuck in your head ALL DAY and you realize it's your OWN music game mix!

...when you instant message people outside of VMK or post on a message board and use the "alternative" words even though there is no dictionary outside of VMK (I was conscious of this even on this very post)

...when you have a big presentation tomorrow and this was your day off and you didn't start working on the presentation until midnight (reluctantly!) because you've been playing all day. Yeah, I'm in trouble now... :eek:

MaryBelle
06-28-2005, 02:19 AM
OH! Forgot this one..

...when the highlight of your day is getting a "Here from Day 1" badge and a new pirate's costume magic pin (I actually cheered aloud for that one)

CrazyStitch
06-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by MaryBelle:
...when you have a song stuck in your head ALL DAY and you realize it's your OWN music game mix!
*raises hand*

Guilty! graemlins/blush.gif

[ June 29, 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: MickeysGirl ]

JPL
06-30-2005, 01:12 PM
When you finally bring yourself to leave VMK and go straight to Intercot to read this forum :rolleyes:

CrazyStitch
06-30-2005, 02:24 PM
When you're driving your car in the parking lot at work, and you pass in front of several parked cars, and the first thing that pops in your head is, "Aaarr! Blast the scurvy dogs!" followed by cannon fire graemlins/silly.gif

[ June 30, 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: CrazyStitch ]

ZetaSparrow
07-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by mars:
You know its bad when you start whistling, and realize the song is from Central Plaza :eek: Same thing happens here..sum song get's stuck in my head from VMK and I didn't even play the game on that day...the first couple of weeks i was playing actualy I was haunted by day dreams of VMK..I would think about ppl I know and they would appear as a VMK character, walk and talk like one, with little speach bubbles, it was SO wierd..it hasn't happened lately tho..and I'm glad..lol..I hope I'm not the only one since i just let this out to public..lol graemlins/muscles.gif

Ariella
07-03-2005, 01:33 AM
When you lie in bed at night thinking of ways to make non-dictionary words by combining allowed words...

Ariella

gonk12
07-03-2005, 08:18 AM
I've got one that's terrible... (I almost wrote on instead of one... :rolleyes: )

When you can't wait to get home from the real Disney World to go on VMK...

justmex
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
yeah..you do need some help and help is here. This is what i did to get away from vmk. ground yourself. Seriously. ground urself from vmk. You can still go on the computer and stuff. I mean think about it... do ur real frineds go on? what would happen if they found out you did? or do they know and you never bring up the subject? awkward... so ground yourself and everytime that you dont go onto the computer.. you give yourself a treat. My friends knew that i was obbsessed and when i told them what i was doing the challenged me that if i didnt go onto vmk for about a month.. they would treat me to a shopping spree where ever i wanted and how ever much i wanted to spend. ;)

JPL
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM
First off

:welcome: to Intercot

Now hold on and please remain Seated I am Moving this Post Over to Inside Out of the Box

mickeytinkerbellprincess
11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I have my seat belts buckled in JP ;) :coaster::swing::car:

RenDuran
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
This post started over two years ago and it's finally getting moved? ;)

Chescat
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
You know its old since is was pre-cat days! :blush:

Patricia
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Gosh! I forgot we had pre-cat days..:confused: What did we used to do?

This thread is so old our smilies are all broken.. sad little smilies :(

Ok.. So if you see your name on the original thread date, I guess we can assume your still addicted.

In my best Romper Room impression.. I see Womble and I see Sparklemetink... I see Jp...

JPL
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
HMM this is weird when I saw it this morning it only showed up with one post from justmex :confused::confused: That is why i moved it :blush:

Patricia
11-13-2007, 11:25 PM
One post?

Uh.. what page were you on?

RenDuran
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I keep looking at this post and thinking....I wish I was still obsessed with vmk! Lately I can barely log on before someone in the house needs me desperately or I crash!

Patricia
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh.. I know how that goes Ren. I log in.. and then little patti is left standing there, blinking, while I do an hour of something else.

Alligirl
11-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Ok.. So if you see your name on the original thread date, I guess we can assume your still addicted.

In my best Romper Room impression.. I see Womble and I see Sparklemetink... I see Jp...

Wow Patti You are so right I looked back and saw a lot of names that I havent seen in a very long tIme!!!

graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif
And two years later this could still be the answer!!! :secret:

Thumper03
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
You know its old since is was pre-cat days! :blush:
Ah, the "before time". Back when all was dark and there were still ride events to organize. No guards against the evil "taken" people...:scared:

Patricia
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
And two years later this could still be the answer!!! :secret:

Does this mean I still have no life? ;)

trackbarroness
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Does this mean I still have no life? ;)

Na ;) you just work in some umm VMK time.
But i see a few names/titles in this thread that haven't been on VMK lately. Did pete come back to us or am I the on/e that's totally lost? :blush:
Oh Pete wish we could bump into each other on the cast bus on/e of these days. :D lol