PDA

View Full Version : Why that NAME?

MickeysGirl
09-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Some people use their real names, some get creative graemlins/crazy.gif , but to everyone, their Intercot username is unique to them. I have been curious... What does your your user name mean?

Mine consists of a couple of things... First, Mickey is my all time favorite character. The second reason is kinda funny... I would always joke that I was going to move to Orlando and live with Mickey in his house (in Mickey's Toon Town Fair). Then people would ask me "Well what about Minnie?" and I would always reply "She has her own house!!" i.e. I made myself Mickey's Girl graemlins/mickey.gif

goofgal
09-02-2002, 12:05 PM
Mine's also a combo name. Goofy is one of my favorites (Dopey being the other one). Before she passed, my great-aunt used to call me "gal" all the time. When I registered, we were coming up on the first anniversary of her death, so she was on my mind.

walstib
09-02-2002, 12:10 PM
What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been!

janmathatter
09-02-2002, 12:11 PM
My name is a combination of my first name and the way my granddaughter says the Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland being her favorite movie of choice right now. Plus, I'm a hat fanatic. I made the entire family wear Mouse ears with their names when we were all there in 2000. graemlins/mickey.gif

janmathatter

Jared
09-02-2002, 12:15 PM
Does mine need any explanation? The only thing that might need one is the _ in it, but that really has no meaning. It's just in there for fun!

weswerx
09-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Well, let's see...I didn't want to use my Jedi screen name or my Star Trek one, so I decided to use my studio name. One day, in the not too distant future, I plan on opening a production studio plus other places.

citizensnoopy
09-02-2002, 01:16 PM
I love Snoopy! In the episode of Peanuts when Snoopy is going to get married, he takes his fiance to see Citizen Kane. He said that it was his favorite movie. Hence, citizensnoopy! :D

DW88
09-02-2002, 01:31 PM
My user name simply means, DW-Disney World, my favorite place on Earth.And I was born in 1988, so hence the name DW88! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/mickey.gif smile.gif

anm8r
09-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Mine's pretty self explanitory. My profession spelled out like a licence plate that hangs above my ANM8R's desk.

Marker
09-02-2002, 01:54 PM
I don't know? I guess it's almost my name, but now quite. I seem to remember that I first thought of MarkeyMouse, but didn't like that, then trying MarkerMouse, but I think it was taken.

Figaro
09-02-2002, 01:54 PM
My name, Fiagro, of course is Figaro from Pinnochio, and i like animals, so i chose that lil guy! smile.gif

::runs over to the fishtank and watches the lil fishy swim around:: i still got some cat in me! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Missouri Bell
09-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Mine is for the state I live in and the Bell is part of my family nicname from when I was a kid, guess I want to feel like being a kid again here smile.gif

Dizneyana
09-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by walstib:
What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been!Thank you, Kevin!! graemlins/notworthy.gif

I have wondered what yours was since the day you joined... :D Guess I could have just asked.. tongue.gif

I have been collecting (heavily) Disney memorabilia (aka Disneyana) for about 20 years...

The 'z' came into play about 9 years ago when I was on a Prodigy Disney Bulletin Board, and 's' was already taken.... I have permanently adopted the name "Dizneyana"... graemlins/mickey.gif

SpecJoe Magic
09-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Mine is obvious. I took the name of one of my favorite Disney parades, which is Spectro Magic. I then inserted my first name to replace the tro in Spectro. My name rhymes with tro so SpecJoe Magic has a nice little ring to it. smile.gif

GrandFlo
09-02-2002, 03:32 PM
Mine is for my favorite hotel, the GF. Would have used the full name but thought it was too long to type each time logging in. DH makes fun of the name all the time. But in my defense, it was very late at night when I registered at Intercot. graemlins/crazy.gif

imported_Melanears
09-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Mine is kinda stupid actually.....I think I have told this here before. My DH and I were talking about Mickey ears one day (like the ones you get at WDW) and he just started calling them Melanie ears and well, it just evolved. graemlins/crazy.gif

Flower
09-02-2002, 04:11 PM
I really didn't know what name to sign on with so I started to look through the avatars to see what pictures were there. I was trying to find one of Thumper and had no success but Flower was there! I really figured someone would have already chosen Flower and was quite shocked when it was accepted.

ShelbyAD
09-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Mine is after my dog. Her name is Shelby A is for her middle name and D is for her last name.

Piglet822
09-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Piglet, because that's my favorite character and 822 from the bus I drove for 5 years.

TwoTinyWings
09-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Mine's from JII, which was my favorite attraction growing up. I wanted my member name to be tied into Figment and JII, but not in too obvious a way...so, I decided to use lyrics from "One Little Spark". When Dreamfinder initially creates Figment, he describes the little guy with lyrics that begin:

"Two tiny wings,
Eyes big and yellow..." (etc.)

:D

Tink19
09-02-2002, 06:01 PM
Tink(b/c I love Tinkerbelle) and 19 (for my birthday-Sept,19th)

CanadaEh28
09-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Mine shows pride for my country. I added the Eh on because it is stereotypical of Americans to associate Canadians with the word Eh. I also have 28 as a number because it's my most favorite number graemlins/clappy.gif

pink967
09-02-2002, 07:57 PM
My grandmother nicknamed me Pink the day I was born. I will be 36 on Sept 19th (same as Tink 19) and the only people who call me by my real name is some of the people at work.Everyone else calls me Pink.Even when my Dh and I renewed our vows the pastor even called me Pink.If you say my real name even my Dad takes a sec to remember that is me.By the way it is Julia.

VickiP
09-02-2002, 07:59 PM
I posted my first question before I realized most people were creative with their names.... graemlins/blush.gif ;)

TiJaMom
09-02-2002, 08:24 PM
I think mine is pretty easy to figure out.
My daughters are Tiana & Jaclyn (TiJa), It describes who I am. graemlins/mickey.gif

barbiebear
09-02-2002, 08:54 PM
My name is what my sweet hubby has called me since we met almost 20 years ago!

hope2survive
09-02-2002, 09:14 PM
I always think mine is kinds goofy, but when it was how I felt when I first found this site and was planning our first trip to WDW - then with a 3mo. old, a 7 yr old and a 5yr old. When I started finding out all there was to planning a trip to WDW, I felt like :eek: Thus the name.

I've thought of changing it, but I'd have to start all over and I'd lose my stars, other Intercotees know me by my name, it's unique, there must be other people who feel the same way, and besides - it's my personality. I'm like Eeyore much of the time. A constant pessimist (sp?) worry-wort, so it fits!

graemlins/smokin.gif

Jeff
09-02-2002, 09:49 PM
My mother gave me mine so I'm kind of fond of it! smile.gif

ChipDale
09-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Mine is easy ;)

graemlins/muscles.gif I love Chip & Dale! graemlins/muscles.gif

CJDDS
09-02-2002, 10:08 PM
C-Carol, my wife's name
J-Jim, my name
DDS-I am a dentist.

graemlins/mickey.gif

Dawn
09-03-2002, 05:28 AM
It's my name. I have to have something that's easy to remember. graemlins/blush.gif

WDW crazy
09-03-2002, 06:09 AM
Mine is pretty obvious! It pretty much sums up the way most people on Intercot feel about WDW! We are all just a little graemlins/crazy.gif

DicksonGR
09-03-2002, 07:37 AM
I'm afraid I've been boring and put my name as it appears on the uni register graemlins/blush.gif Dickson - my last name, G = Garry, my first name and R = Robert, my middle name.

Boring Me graemlins/blush.gif smile.gif :D graemlins/blush.gif

Doc Marc
09-03-2002, 09:50 AM
"Doc"-Got my Doctoral degree in 2000,a nd name of favorite dwarf
"Marc"-My name=

Doc Marc

Disneycrazed
09-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Tough to figure this one out! graemlins/laughing.gif

Gotta Love the TTA
09-03-2002, 10:28 AM
My name is for one of (many) favorite rides at MK.

I was looking through avatars and found this rotund Tudor monarch and remembered that he has the same name as my 14 year old DS, so I had to have it.

Jasper
09-03-2002, 10:42 AM
Mine is also very simple. That of course is a good thing because my wife accuses me of being simple minded all the time.

Anyway, Jasper is the name of the city in Indiana where I live.

Katmegali
09-03-2002, 11:46 AM
Mine is pretty simple too. Short for my three beautiful girls
Kat = Katy - My Katy Bear
Meg = Megan - My Litte Nutmeg
Ali = Ali - My Alley Cat

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Actually pretty self-explanatory! Although I wish I used caps AND lower case. Now I know it is like I am screaming my name at everyone graemlins/shakehead.gif Oh well, you live, you learn!

Rhetoric2000
09-03-2002, 01:55 PM
It's the name of the class that I was in at the college I attended when I first joined Intercot.
All our leavers classes were traditionally called Rhetoric followed by the year in which they leave. The year before that was called Poetry preceded by Syntax and the younger years were called Grammar.
When I signed on here for the first time all my books, photographs, and letters were marked with my name followed by Rhetoric2000, so I just left out my name.

pjbs35a
09-03-2002, 02:53 PM
p
j
b
s
a

Military Secret
If I told you, I'd have to kill you
;)
:D

Disney-4-Me
09-03-2002, 10:03 PM
My number one destination choice for vacation. graemlins/muscles.gif
AND
Everyone at the Polynesian is so nice it feels like Disney is there just for me! I bet all of you feel the same when you are there too! Isn't it wonderful? graemlins/mickey.gif

Katzateer
09-03-2002, 10:20 PM
I always wanted to be Annette.

My girls favorite computer game was Catz (computer kitties that you play with, feed and they grow up the more you play with them).

Fantasmic
09-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Well Fantasmic is the best show ever, and I love it!

Simple really !

marlyn
09-04-2002, 08:06 AM
Mine is simple...a combination of my first 2 names! smile.gif

MNNHFLTX
09-04-2002, 10:52 AM
My Intercot name is a combination of the states that I have lived in--MN (Minnesota), NH (New Hampshire) and FL (Florida). It was just something I picked out of the blue the day I registered! smile.gif

Dizneyana
09-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by pjbs35a:
p
j
b
s
a

Military Secret
;)
:D Hee hee.... But I know.... graemlins/smokin.gif

But I have double pinky sworn, and taken an oath, and a bunch of other secret things that now prohibit me from telling... :D

Besides, if I told, he'd kill me too!! :eek:

GeorgeOfTheJungle
09-04-2002, 03:21 PM
While registering, I tried to think of something having to do with Disney that I could name my user name after. Well, I had just rented "George of the Jungle" which just-so-happens to be one of my favorite live-action Disney movies, so I decided on that. ;)

dixiebelle301
09-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Dixiebelle is pretty self-explanatory - I am from the south! graemlins/blush.gif

301 = 3 kids/1 mom! :D

[ September 04, 2002, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: dixiebelle301 ]

HollyB
09-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by pjbs35a:
p
j
b
s
a

Military Secret
;)
:D So when will the information be declassified under the Freedom of Information Act? :D

Mine is easy: First name Holly, last name starts with B. I wasn't feeling creative the day I registered. Interestingly, it wouldn't let me be just "Holly", but I think I was the first one, unless another registered and has long since dropped out. I didn't notice anyone sharing my name until Lovewalt came along. Now sometimes if I'm tired, I'll catch one of her posts and think, Hey! I didn't write that! Oops! graemlins/blush.gif

Holly

EvaBryan
09-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Eva is my name, Bryan is my husbands.

We use that name for lots of stuff - if you ever see EvaBryan on the net - it's us!

When I registered I thought he might like to post now and then and we could share a name. He never, ever posts (he's shy and I am a computer hog) so I should have just used Eva.

EllieMae
09-04-2002, 10:18 PM
My Dalmation is named Ellie Mae, so that's where I got it from!

harlowandthemermaid
09-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Around the time I registered I was going through a BIG Jean Harlow phase...watching her movies, reading the bio....I was even jean Harlow for halloween....I guess I could have just been Harlow but I needed to tie it into disney....at least once every time I go to WDW a CM will tell me I have "mermaid hair" or that I look like Ariel(I don't really but I do have the long red hair :D ) Anyway, that's how I ended up with the really long intercot name, because at that time I guess I was feeling a little bit of both harlowandthemermaid!

disneygoofball
09-04-2002, 10:56 PM
Well, mine's pretty simple, too. I love Disney (obviously!), and Goofy is a great Disney character, and most of the time I'm acting like a goofball, so you put it all together and there you go! I'm just one big Disneygoofball graemlins/silly.gif

Sportster
09-05-2002, 07:22 AM
Mine is relative to one of my favorite hobbies/modes of transportation...motorcycle riding. I have an 89 Harley Davidson Sportster (DW also has one)that I really enjoy. So, I just kept the sign on simple with "Sportster".

darthmacho
09-05-2002, 08:42 AM
The Darth title is because I am a minion of the Dark Side of the Force, and the Macho is an old nickname given to me by female friends because, of course, I am so tall, dark, and handsome. graemlins/smokin.gif (Actually, I think they were being sarcastic about the last part, but two out of three isn't bad! graemlins/laughing.gif )

onewildwoog
09-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Well, lets see.....
....i don't think I have enough room, but Woog is short for Woogie, which is what I have been called ever since I can remember (and if you ask my wife, my memory is pretty short).

It seems that no matter what school or job I went to or worked at, each time the people I knew would come up with Woogie or Woog for short. graemlins/clappy.gif

As my sister, DisneyGoofball :D , will tell you it kinda sounds like the first part of our very long, very German last name.

I have had OneWildWoog graemlins/muscles.gif as my sign-on name on most sites that I go to or access. It kinda describes me: wild and fun loving, and of course as all my friends will tell you there's only one of me (and as my family will attest: Thank God!)

'nuff said

(could it have been any longer? graemlins/laughing.gif

Womble
09-06-2002, 06:34 AM
The Womble's is British children’s TV series.
They live on Wimbledon common! I went to school in Wimbledon! And my daughter played soccer for Wimbledon Ladies!

Womble’s are short fat and hairy, :eek: Need I say more! graemlins/doubleeek.gif

ChipnDaleGal
09-06-2002, 06:40 AM
Mine is pretty easy to figure out. It all comes down to my obession with the chipmunks! My real name is Donna.