PDA

View Full Version : TiggTigg5 is Watching You (CONGRATS!!!!!)

JimmyC
07-17-2002, 06:56 AM
SUPER CONGRATS TO ED FOR HIS NEW FUTURE JOB!!!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

He's going to be a Supervisor of Airport Security :D

With everything that's going on, it is good to know someone we can trust is being put in charge. smile.gif

From what I understand, even for the basic postions, the Fed's are only choosing the best. smile.gif

About time the Fed's did something right graemlins/thumbsup.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
07-17-2002, 07:10 AM
graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/muscles.gif Super Congratulations on your new job, Ed! graemlins/muscles.gif

Sportster
07-17-2002, 07:42 AM
Way to go ED!!!! I feel safer already. graemlins/thumbsup.gif Will you be working out of BWI? Mrs Sportster, her sister and niece fly out of there in August to Albuquerque.
Congratulations!!!! graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/party.gif

Nana
07-17-2002, 07:50 AM
I am so excited for you!!!!! It is well deserved. graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/sleepin.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

I believe this is cause for a second celebration:
JimmyC just posted his first serious post. :D
Ed, You should feel very special (I think you are special, too)!!!

[ July 17, 2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: bradleysnana ]

Lizzy
07-17-2002, 08:01 AM
Way to Go!!!!!

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Pongo
07-17-2002, 08:04 AM
I feel safer already! Congratulations!

JimmyC
07-17-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by bradleysnana:
I believe this is cause for a second celebration:
JimmyC just posted his first serious post. :D
Ed, You should feel very special (I think you are special, too)!!!HEY! I've had a few others graemlins/nono.gif ;)

People just don't notice them :(

And Ed is special. He's going to let me play with pepper spray :D ;)

goofgal
07-17-2002, 08:09 AM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif Ed, I am so happy for you! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

I feel safer already.

Goofy Forever
07-17-2002, 08:35 AM
graemlins/clappy.gif Congratulations Ed!!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

You'll do a great job!!!!

roses
07-17-2002, 08:41 AM
Congrats Ed! That calls for super duper celebration!!!!!

Here's a guinness for you! graemlins/beer.gif

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Ed
07-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Arrrrggghhhh.... I've got some very real "mixed feelings" about the whole thing.

The position is with the new Transportation Security Administration, a federal agency created in the aftermath of the Nine-Eleven tragedy. I will be part of a traveling team of supervisory agents who will be hopscotching all over the country as various airports are "federalized" for the first year. At the end of that year, I'll be permanently assigned to my choice of airports as a supervisor. I chose an airport that some of you might be familiar with that uses the initials MCO as its identifier. ;) graemlins/mickey.gif

The downside of the position is the fact that I will be away from my family and friends for that first year. :( With hopscotching all over, it will be difficult to keep in touch, but I'm sure gonna try.

I've got to say a sincere Thank You to my friends here who have known about this possibility since I applied early this year. Until I was notified of my acceptance yesterday, there have been days when I have been a complete "basket case" graemlins/crazy.gif and they have been the glue that has held me together. They know who they are, and I trust they know how special they are, and always will be, to me. :cool:

Nana
07-17-2002, 08:57 AM
Jimmy-You know I am just kidding ya!!!!
I am one of the folks that know how really special and sweet you can be.
graemlins/muscles.gif
But it is fun to pick on you :D

JimmyC
07-17-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by TiggTigg5:
At the end of that year, I'll be permanently assigned to my choice of airports as a supervisor. I chose an airport that some of you might be familiar with that uses the initials MCO as its identifier. ;) graemlins/mickey.gif
:You requested being assigned to Mutant Chimps of Ohio Airpport?

See Becky, I'm back to normal ;)

imported_dpamac
07-17-2002, 09:05 AM
For Ed, I do the happy dance:
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

ChipDale
07-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Yay Ed! Super Congratulations!

graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

HollyB
07-17-2002, 09:48 AM
Congratulations! I'm happy for you, pleased that the federal government is doing this, but sad for the reasons--if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm sure the first year will fly (oooh, sorry! graemlins/shakehead.gif )by quickly.

Holly

JanetMegan
07-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Super duper congrats for Ed!!!

I know things have been crazy while you have been waiting to hear, but now you can sit back, relax, and get the heck out of dodge!!! ;)

Can't wait to read about all your exciting adventures for the next year, I am actually pretty jealous...

Need an assistant?

Katmegali
07-17-2002, 10:02 AM
graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Way to Go Ed!! Congrats on a great new job. It may be hard the first year but the future looks bright enough to get through it.

I feel very safe already. Maybe one day he'll say hi back when I say hi graemlins/doubleeek.gif :D

[ July 17, 2002, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Katmegali ]

Dopeysfriend
07-17-2002, 10:08 AM
graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif Ed, you rock! Congratulations! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/beer.gif

You're going to do great things in this position! They couldn't have picked a better guy! Don't forget that we're always here for you when things are graemlins/crazy.gif ! Way to go!

TooGoofy
07-17-2002, 10:18 AM
Ed,
graemlins/muscles.gif Congratulations! graemlins/muscles.gif
Maybe I'll see you when I go through MCO. graemlins/mickey.gif

WDWFanatic
07-17-2002, 10:21 AM
Way to go Ed! I'm very happy for you, let us know what airports you'll be at so we can come and test you ;) graemlins/doubleeek.gif

My Son loves to go the Manchester, NH airport to watch the planes take off. We'll stop by and say HI

imported_Melanears
07-17-2002, 10:40 AM
Way to go Ed! I feel safer already!! smile.gif I'm sure the year will fly by and then all will be well. Congrats!

citizensnoopy
07-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Way to go, Ed!!! :D

FROG0823
07-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Ed -
As an airline employee I want to say CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU for making air travel safer.

I know that first year will be tough but think of what a great light you have at the end of the tunnel - MCO!! (Which I still say stands for MiCkey mOuse).

MKPlutoGuy
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Super Congrats Ed!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif If we every travel to Maryland, we'll know we're safe! ;)

TiggerRPh
07-17-2002, 11:41 AM
graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif YOU DA MAN ED!!! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

I guess they overlooked those indiscression from a few years ago, huh?

Congratulations Ed!!

LottaLubes
07-17-2002, 11:41 AM
This is GREAT news! Congratulations and best of luck! Does this mean we can now get an air discount if we mention the code INTERCOT anywhere? :D

graemlins/muscles.gif

Jared
07-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Yay Ed!! Super congratulations on your new job. I know you've been looking for one for a while. :D

Patricia
07-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Sleepy me.. always late to the Eastside parties! graemlins/shakehead.gif

Congrats Ed!!

graemlins/muscles.gif WOO HOOO.. I'm so very, very happy for you and am looking forward to bumping into you at MCO in the future!! graemlins/muscles.gif

JPL
07-17-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Patricia:
Sleepy me.. always late to the Eastside parties! graemlins/shakehead.gif

Congrats Ed!!

graemlins/muscles.gif WOO HOOO.. I'm so very, very happy for you and am looking forward to bumping into you at MCO in the future!! graemlins/muscles.gif First let me ask Patrica to say what she really means being a hockey fan I speak Canadian

1 She's late because she tripped on her way to computer again tongue.gif

2 She can't wait to crash at you house when you move to Orlando and get a free meal or 2 ;)

But seriously I have dibs on the spare room for atleast 2 weeks out of the year :D

graemlins/muscles.gif CONGRATS ED!!! graemlins/muscles.gif

I finally have someone to complain to (or blame) when my flight is delayed

Beast_fanatic
07-17-2002, 02:06 PM
Ed, with all the travelling you'll be doing, maybe you'll get to meet more of your Intercot family! graemlins/muscles.gif

Congratulations! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bot3550
07-17-2002, 03:59 PM
graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif Congrats Ed! Give us a yell if you pass through Alabama! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

beth
07-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Congratulations Ed! I don't know anyone who is more deserving of this job. I know you will do a fantastic job -- they are lucky to have someone as astute and dedicated as you. Once you get to Orlando (give it time), WDW will be a safer place for us all.

When you get stuck in NYC, give us a call and we'll get you on Letterman. (Top 10 Reasons Why You Want TiggTigg5 Watching You).

MickeyMom
07-17-2002, 04:23 PM
graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif Congratulations!! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

They picked the best man for the job! We'll take ya out to dinner if you head through Indy. But only if promise not to wear your red shorts! ;)

Congrats again!

VickiP
07-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Congratulations! That's quite the job! graemlins/clappy.gif

WDWaddict
07-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Congratulations Ed! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif I guess all of that time spent in the B-52 and the Warthog have really paid off. ;)

OK, here is my question....

Originally posted by JimmyC:
About time the Fed's did something right graemlins/thumbsup.gif Are the Fed's Jimmy is talking about one of the Ten Ed's? ;) Truthfully, they new a good thing when they saw it. WTG Ed!

pjbs35a
07-17-2002, 05:53 PM
graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Beach Club Babe
07-17-2002, 07:32 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif Congratulations Ed! I'm sure you'll do a terrific job! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

darthdarrel
07-17-2002, 10:01 PM
OH GEEZE!
And they thought that security was slow now,just wait till he starts! OY! :D HEHE! J/K! Congratulations ED!

OrlandoDisney
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey Congrats on your new Job Ed!

JanetMegan
07-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Beth???

Was that the real beth??

Not the imitation beth???

JPL
07-17-2002, 11:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing Janet

At first I was :confused:

TiggerRPh
07-17-2002, 11:39 PM
I think it was her!

I thought I was graemlins/crazy.gif !

SpecJoe Magic
07-18-2002, 03:14 AM
Hey beth! When did you come back to Intercot? Nice to see you again after all of this time.

Congratulations to you, Ed! graemlins/clappy.gif

Dawn
07-18-2002, 04:22 AM
Apologies for my tardiness. graemlins/blush.gif

But look - Ed has a new job and the real Beth stands up. graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Um...Ed....will you be doing searches of any kind? :eek:

Nana
07-18-2002, 07:24 AM
Wow----
That is really cool to see Beth or at least
Beth's name!!!
I hope you stick around-We REALLY miss you!!!!!

Jared
07-18-2002, 07:35 AM
The legendary Beth has come back to make a cameo appearence! Hope you stick around Beth, because we really miss you around here. smile.gif

marlyn
07-18-2002, 07:40 AM
Congrats on your new job Ed!! I feel safer already! graemlins/muscles.gif
graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

VickiP
07-18-2002, 08:09 AM
I wondered the same thing about Beth. Can it really be true? smile.gif

Ed
07-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Yep... that was the one and only, REAL beth !!!! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

And I'm sincerely touched that she chose to reappear in this thread. smile.gif

Sure is nice to see that name appearing here again; I hope we'll be seeing more of her soon.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-18-2002, 11:03 AM
WOW! After being MIA for a bit, I came back to two big surprises in one thread!

Although the reason it's needed is sad, I'm very glad to see the creation of Tranportation Security Administration. Personally I can't think of a better man than Ed to be part of the supervisory team. graemlins/thumbsup.gif The USA will be much safer with Ed in charge. ;)

Sending along a bit of pixie dust to help you manage the first year of travel while missing your family & friends. Keep thinking of where you'll call home once your first year is up. :cool:

Best of Luck to you Ed ! graemlins/beer.gif

graemlins/clappy.gif Beth, I was very happy to see your post. Sincerely hope we see you around here often. graemlins/muscles.gif You've been missed!!

ParkHopper
07-18-2002, 11:13 AM
Ed, a big congratulations on your new job. Thanks for the making the skies a safer place!!

Jasper
07-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Way to go Ed! Bet it is going to put a damper on camping in the Bullwinkle for the first year as well.

I was also wondering about something else. Although I don't think you ever said it in writing, I always had the impression you were retired. Was I wrong about that?

Like everyone else has said, keep thinking of where you will be in a year and that will help get you through until then.

Emily
07-18-2002, 02:24 PM
(Sorry so late....)

This is really great news, Ed!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/clappy.gif Janet had mentioned the job to me in one of our Intercot gossip sessions recently. ;) (She fills me in on the stuff I don't get around to by just lurking! graemlins/laughing.gif ) I was hoping this would work out for you - you deserve the best!

Also wanted to wave at Beth... *waving* hi Beth!! :D Good to see some old faces around here. (No offense to any of the newer folks!) Just like the Intercot I remember. graemlins/mickey.gif

JPL
07-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Now Steely shows up :confused:

Did I eneter a time warp :confused:

Great to see Emily & Beth :D

[ July 18, 2002, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: JPL ]

Nana
07-18-2002, 03:07 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif
WAY TOO COOL!!!!!!!

Emily and Beth

and Ed getting this job

This thread needs to be archived!!!!

pjbs35a
07-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Jasper:
I was also wondering about something else. Although I don't think you ever said it in writing, I always had the impression you were retired. Was I wrong about that?Ed, I was going to say something about your age, (You just turned 22 didn't you?) but then I said ............Nope.....I can't do it. ;) :D

Dizneyana
07-18-2002, 03:53 PM
graemlins/clappy.gif CONGRATS ED!! graemlins/clappy.gif

Sorry that I am so late in responding, but I think that Jimmy sent an extra work troll spell my way.. graemlins/shakehead.gif

I am SO happy for you!! graemlins/muscles.gif They could not have chosen a better person for the job.. I know that you will make them proud!! :D (and us too.. ;) )

I hope that while hopscotching, you end up somewhere up here!!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JPL
07-18-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Dizneyana:
graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
Jimmy's spells always have side effects I guess you were the unlucky one this time :rolleyes:

Jared
07-22-2002, 10:18 AM
What is going on here today? First we see Beth, then we see Emily! Great to see some old faces from when I first joined back in June. I haven't seen you two in a long time. Hope to see you around again. :D

DisneyWizard
07-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Here's a little late of a CONGRATULATIONS! smile.gif

I hope you enjoy it -- I don't know how we're going to survive without you. :(