PDA

View Full Version : One year later-My Ode to the Odyssey...

JanetMegan
06-05-2002, 02:30 PM
(I was going to post this on Saturday, at the one-year mark, but I was worried I wouldn’t be feeling like it, so up it goes today, a little early…)

To my friends from the Odyssey-(Especially, WDWacky, TiggTigg5, Patricia, Imalismom, Fantasmic, JohnY, jpl, Michael Darling, Figgie and Cat, mktiggerman)

A year ago we made a trek,
And at hotels our bags we did check.
We came from near and came from far,
Some by plane and some by car.

Meeting at first was a little scary,
Some of us were shy and some of us hairy. ;)
Some brought family, and some came alone,
If we hadn’t come at all, we never would have known.

The friends we made, and good times shared,
To them, nothing will ever be compared.
We had tons of fun and acted real crazy,
That Pleasure Island night is a bit hazy. graemlins/beer.gif

We lost boat 13 on It’s a Small World,
Patricia rode ToT and nobody hurled.
The pool bar was closed, which we thought was absurd,
Then Ed’s son got a gift on the head from a bird.

We yelled No Bad Dancing and took some bus rides,
We rode every ride, and lots more besides.
We twirled our napkins high and we twirled them low,
Janet’s wet shorts were Patricia’s “Hello”

Amy’s Banana Split wasn’t for a wimp,
And Jeff don’t you know you have to peel all those shrimp?
The steaks at Concourse were cooked just fine,
And those KK’s at AK tasted divine.

We saw evil squirrels in Epcot who posed for our pics,
Where was JimmyC when we needed his tricks?
The last night we had churros, and a funky gift ball,
The week was hot as hades, but we didn’t mind at all.

We always have a great time in our favorite spot,
The parks, the food, the shows, even in parking lots.
So my ode to the Odyssey I wanted to make,
Just a little reminiscing for old time’s sake.

Here’s to all of us, let’s do it again guys!

[ June 05, 2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: JanetMegan ]

Ed
06-05-2002, 02:34 PM
graemlins/crying.gif

That week went by ENTIRELY too fast. But I know that I, for one, will never forget it.

I second the motion; let's do it again ! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Patricia
06-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Hahaha..

Thanks for not mentioning my little fall. ;)

Ahh.. there were some funny moments.

Did you say hairy?
After riding in the front of R&R coaster with Jeff (each our first ride), we were cracking up at the end looking at each others big hair mess. :eek:

Jared
06-05-2002, 02:46 PM
It really sounds like you guys had just a fantastic time. I really hope we can do it again, and that I could make it down there. It would be so great! graemlins/mickey.gif

JanetMegan
06-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Oh you mean when you feel over your own feet in the Mouseworks shop? (I still don't think that was a display you tripped over.) ;)

How about some of us carrying a billion bags of pins all the way through Epcot and about passing out?

I wanted to write more, but I was afraid it would be the world's longest dumb rhyming poem ;)

Patricia
06-05-2002, 02:53 PM
yeah.. those crazy pin people. graemlins/shakehead.gif

MKPlutoGuy
06-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Janet, that was a great poem! Sure wish I could have been there myself! smile.gif Poor TiggTigg Jr's head :rolleyes: graemlins/laughing.gif Another Intercot Odessy would be great! ;)

imported_Melanears
06-05-2002, 03:08 PM
Janet, that wasn't a dumb poem at all! Loved it! Sounds like you guys had a great time. graemlins/mickey.gif

JimmyC
06-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Whatever happened to the link on the side that had the pictures?

I wish I couldda been there :(

Lizzy
06-05-2002, 03:27 PM
graemlins/crying.gif I wanted to go so bad, but we happened to be broke at the time. Ed even tried to sell my truck for, but he never gave me my $$ :mad: I hope there will be another

ChipDale
06-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Awesome poem, Janet - great job! graemlins/notworthy.gif

I can't believe it's been a year already!

JanetMegan
06-05-2002, 04:18 PM
The pics are no longer posted on the Intercot site, if anyone wants a link to my personal photo album just drop me an e-mail...

Ian
06-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Very cute, Janet!!

It is hard to believe it has been almost a year. I was never so sad to leave WDW in my life!

We sure had a great time, though.

And Patricia ... I agree with Janet ... You fell over your own feet! ;)

TiggerRPh
06-05-2002, 10:15 PM
You didn't mention being with friends you met on the internet!

You guys sure sounded like you had a good time...almost felt like I was there with you.

graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

ElenitaB
06-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Great job, Janet! graemlins/thumbsup.gif Not dumb at all!

Of course, this has only stirred up the remembrance of the sorrow felt by those of us that couldn't make it last time... so I agree, it's time to start planning for a new meet! :cool:

Jared
06-05-2002, 10:29 PM
I wasn't even on INTERCOT when Odyssey happened. I registered a few days after it ended, but even I know all about the infamous "I'm here with people I met on the Internet" line. graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/laughing.gif

Dizneyana
06-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Wow... hard to believe that it has been a year since I was whining because I couldn't go... :(

Great poem, Janet!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I still laugh when I think about Jeff and Patricia's hair too!! graemlins/laughing.gif

Yes, we need to do it again so those of us that couldn't be there can plan for next time!! :D

Patricia
06-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Click on my home site and use the user name kabana0 (that's a zero after kabana) and you will see 2 Odyssey photo albums.

[ June 05, 2002, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Patricia ]

JPL
06-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Great poem brought back some fun memories graemlins/clappy.gif
Hope we can do it again real soon if you don't mind hanging out with people you met on the internet :rolleyes: and watching Patricia trip over her feet graemlins/rotfl.gif

Patricia
06-06-2002, 03:05 AM
sheesh.. :rolleyes:
One more time for the record.

I tripped over the display rack, my shoe got caught on it. graemlins/blush.gif

Nana
06-06-2002, 07:36 AM
Great poem Janet!!!
JohnY,
Can we start planning for next year?????
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katmegali
06-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a great idea for another. graemlins/thumbsup.gif
It seems like you guys had a great time.

Ian
06-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Heh heh ... I forgot all about that "... people I met on the Internet ... " line. Convenient how you left that out, Janet! ;)

And to set the true record 100% straight ... I was walking next to Patricia in Mousegears at the time and it is absolutely, completely, totally, and utterly true that ....

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

She tripped over her own feet. :rolleyes:

JPL
06-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by WDWacky:
And to set the true record 100% straight ... I was walking next to Patricia in Mousegears at the time and it is absolutely, completely, totally, and utterly true that ....

She tripped over her own feet. :rolleyes: And I was walking behind her so I think we can rest our case she tripped over her own feet tongue.gif

Jared
06-06-2002, 10:16 PM
That settles it, if Jeff and Ian both saw it, Patricia definitely fell over her own feet. graemlins/laughing.gif So, can we do it again sometime? I would do anything to come down for it! graemlins/mickey.gif

Michael Darling
06-06-2002, 10:52 PM
Did I mention I'll be there again on Tuesday? tongue.gif

I'm going to try my darndest to make it in the hotseat at WWTBAM-PI just so I can say the same thing (that is, if I'm with people from the internet, otherwise I'll probably be with my friend Andy).

Things I learned at the Odyssey (even if I didn't witness them personally):
* Don't lose your pins
* Amy likes her Tigger bag
* Don't fall a lot (Patricia-fallsalot is her tribal name by the way ;) )
* Bad dancing can be fun
* Not everyone has eaten tacos

figgie
06-07-2002, 03:57 PM
graemlins/mickey.gif Oh Janet, thanks for the smile today. I remember last year's Oddsey so well. The happy times and wonderful people. The pin event that got me to the parks to wait in line at 4am. A very HOT scavenger hunt! This has been a terrible year for us, and going back to that wonderful time in my mind has been just what I needed. I think it's time to start planning our next adventure. Come on John, make an announcement already!!! We're all waiting....and waiting....and waiting.......

JanetMegan
06-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Just wanted to bump this...One year ago! Amazing isn't it?

So much has changed...

devo995493
06-09-2002, 12:42 PM
If you want the next one to be this september, I'm all for it...maybe it can be a mini Odyessy...like and Odd? What do you think?

My DW and I will be there from Sept. 8-15.

BTW the jealousy of the First Odyessy has not quite gone away...that's all right though sionce we had our Virtual Odessy right here at INTERCOT.

Kronk
06-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Yes, I see I will never live down the fact that a Seagull wanted to decorate my head, like I was spin art or something. Thank god for the dancing fountain and courtesy towels to tidy myself up a bit.

I am telling you they are just flying rats!! graemlins/mixed.gif

Patricia
06-19-2002, 07:55 PM
Kronk.. we all have our Odyssey crosses to bare. graemlins/laughing.gif

[ June 19, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Patricia ]

JanetMegan
06-19-2002, 08:17 PM
That's right Bryan, almost everyone did something they later got razzed about, it wouldn't have been fun if we hadn't been able to pick on everyone...

although it seems like I got picked on...

A LOT!

Kronk
06-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Well I look at it this way, the seagull could have been about 198lbs. then I think it may have been worse. So, I guess I got lucky it was just a 2 pounder. <--- Can you see I am an optomist?