PDA

View Full Version : Song of the South

Samanthalfi
10-03-2003, 01:19 PM
My Mother would like a copy of Song of the South. From what I can see, it only comes in VHS-PAL format. Does anyone know how to have this converted to play in our VHS players? Thank you for any help!

Princhabella
10-03-2003, 01:29 PM
What is PAL?

brownie
10-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Princhabella:
What is PAL? PAL is the format used by most places outside the US and Canada. The US and Canada use NTSC as the format. This will apply to VHS tapes (which I think the tape itself is different under the PAL format), DVDs, video games, etc.

NJDad
10-03-2003, 06:25 PM
There used to be VCRs that would play either and copy (2 slots).

I think if you do a google and enter PAL NTSC Vhs transfer you will get some commercial sites that will do it for you.

Disney Addiction
10-03-2003, 10:19 PM
I purchased a copy about a year ago and had it converted.

What you need to do is find a local video production company or the like and give them a call.
I took my tape to one in Little Rock along with 12 blank tapes and they only charged me $24 for all 12 tapes....and had it done in about 2 hours.

mickeyd
10-04-2003, 07:57 AM
We use the PAL format here in Australia (atually almost everywhere except the US, Canada and Japan do)

You can get NTSC and PAL tapes converted. Many video production places can do it. Just be aware that there may be some slight loss of quality.

I really wish Disney would re-release 'Song of the South', perhaps even under the Walt Disney Treasures series. I'm sure the world is mature enough to vew the film in the context of the time it was made. There were some terrific songs in ti. I wonder how many kids these days who ride splash mountain realise that it was based on a film?

LarryBoy
10-07-2003, 02:09 PM
You can sometimes find a regular VHS copy on ebay, but be prepared to pay for it. The PAL version is also easy to find on ebay, but like you said it will have to be converted.

lebo
10-12-2003, 03:31 PM
I bought one about 2 years ago or so, I took mine to a local camera shop, and they converted it for me.