PDA

View Full Version : CMs...question about interview/hiring process

beatgenx
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
i'm going to the casting office on monday the 14th. i was hoping some cast members could help me out a bit. i was wondering what the interview/hiring process is like. any responses will be greatly appreciated...

beatgenx

[ March 11, 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: beatgenx ]

Googlie Bear
03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Depends on what kind of job youre looking for. I'd check out the Disney Careers website first. Go in with an idea of the kinds of positions that interest you, and the kinds of qualifications, characteristics, and experiences you have. Bring a resume if you have one. Dress nice, in accordance with the Disney Look. (Minimal jewelry, conservative hair and make up, hide tattoos and piercings) Interview just like any other job, just smile a lot more. Try to use disney "lingo" if you know it: Cast member instead of employee, Costume instead of uniform, guest instead of customer. The casting building is a little intimidating: the architecture is really amazing, take notice. Good Luck!

beatgenx
03-11-2005, 01:12 AM
i called the job line, spoke to a recruiter and i have an appointment. i was wondering specifically, from people who have been through it, what the interview/hiring process entails.

thanks... graemlins/thumbsup.gif

WDWdriver
03-11-2005, 07:25 PM
When you arrive for your interview you will be given an application form to fill out. It will ask for the usual information: address, phone, job history, etc. There is also a section where you indicate what your availability is in terms of hours per week, desired starting times, ending times etc.

After you complete the application form you will be called into a theater room to view a video that will provide you with basic information about pay, benefits, and what is expected of you as a Cast Member.

Finally you will meet with an interviewer, one on one, in a private office. This will take about 15 minutes. You should be ready to tell them what area you wish to work in (i.e. custodial, foods, attractions, security, etc). You will not likely be permitted to specify a specific park or job. They will ask you if you have reliable transportation (they prefer that you have your own car).
You should also:
be relaxed
smile
be nicely dressed, but not formal
smile
not wear much jewelry or makeup
smile
cover any tattoos
smile

Did I mention smile? You'll do fine.