PDA

View Full Version : Jeanne

drummerboy
09-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Looking at NOAA's 5:00 path prediction for Jeanne, the 2pm Monday projection puts it just about at my doorstep. I'm at that point that sticks out in SE North Carolina just above the 2pm dot. :eek:

TiggerRPh
09-22-2004, 10:28 PM
:eek:

I hope it changes course and heads out to sea.

Jeri Lynn
09-23-2004, 06:39 AM
We are scheduled to fly out of Hartford to Orlando on Sunday morning, I'm watching things closely.

Dreamin' of Disney
09-23-2004, 07:40 AM
That is not good. I can't belive the how much this storm has bopped around, it's been all over the place. It's making me mad :mad: NO MORE HURRICANES.

And did you see that Ivan was back out in the Gulf of Mexico again as a tropical storm? :eek: How insane is that? Just die out already!

Drummerboy, hope she heads away from you. Keep safe, sending prayers.

xpogi
09-23-2004, 09:16 AM
We were going to fly in Saturday afternoon. Now I have a big decision to make tomorrow. We stand to loose a few hundred dollars in penalties because of cancellations but what has really gotten me bummed out today is that our grandson is going to be sooo disappointed! We didn't tell hem till last week about our plans and now all he can talk about is Disney and eating lunch with Pooh and Tigger.

Please, if anybody hears of any news post it here.

mommybelle
09-23-2004, 09:19 AM
We're by the 2am Sunday dot :mad: Not only did things just start to get back to normal this week but it's my DD's 3rd birthday. We finally got the plywood down and now it looks like it may have to go back up. DH will be no help this time since he ended up with an umbilical hernia after the last hurricane. He not only did our house but all his construction sites. Good luck to all in this path.

drummerboy
09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Looks like they've changed the projection, but the wrong direction. It needs to go waaay further east and north. I'm going to start glaring at the projection maps :mad: and hope Jeanne gets the hint.

TiggerRPh
09-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Since the latest projections have Jeanne heading at Florida again, I'm going to move this to News so we keep all the hurricane discussion in one place.

mommybelle
09-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey Drummerboy we were thinking that if everyone put out fans and faced them east maybe we could make it go away. graemlins/silly.gif I think we've been at work to long already and it's only 10 am :rolleyes:

nutz4goofy
09-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Jeri Lynn:
We are scheduled to fly out of Hartford to Orlando on Sunday morning, I'm watching things closely. Jeri Lynn so are we from NY!!! I am tempted to try and fly out early Saturday but don't know if that would be a good move?!?!? I can't believe this!

mousketeers j and l
09-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by drummerboy:
Looking at NOAA's 5:00 path prediction for Jeanne, the 2pm Monday projection puts it just about at my doorstep. I'm at that point that sticks out in SE North Carolina just above the 2pm dot. :eek: Hang in there Drummer!

Is that the western portion of southeastern North Carolina or the eastern portion of northwestern South Carolina??? graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/crazy.gif

Seriously, be careful!

Tightlines
09-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Looks like we got dibs on 8am Monday

As if Mondays weren't bad enough... graemlins/shakehead.gif

joonyer
09-23-2004, 05:37 PM
I can't believe it, enough with the hurricanes already. Now Jeanne is headed right for Orlando on Sunday. Not again.
NHC forecast track: Jeanne (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W+GIF/232053W.gif)

WDWdriver
09-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Looks like it will come right through the Orlando area. Not again!

Sigh graemlins/shakehead.gif

xpogi
09-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by WDWdriver:
Looks like it will come right through the Orlando area. OK, I am a Kansas guy... don't know much about hurricanes. Will we be in any real danger at the Poly? Are those buildings built to withstand 100+ MPH winds? My wife is from the Philippines and has survived thirty or forty hurricanes and she says we should go ahead with our plans. I have to admit I am scared. :confused: After all, we will be bringing our 3YO grandson. Loosing a couple days in the parks to rainy weather is one thing but I do not want to put our grandchild in harm's way. Should I stand up to my Filipina and just say "NO"?

CaptSmee
09-24-2004, 12:34 AM
I hope there's a break after this one for at least a week or two! We leave for WDW next Thursday!

Dreamin' of Disney
09-24-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by xpogi:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WDWdriver:
Looks like it will come right through the Orlando area. OK, Should I stand up to my Filipina and just say "NO"? </font>[/QUOTE]You will be very safe at the Poly, other than some winds and rain, for a day or two, I don't think you'd be putting your grandson in any real danger. Just be smart about it. Stay inside in the safe areas they instruct you to stay in.

Stay safe and have an awesome vacation!

disneydeb
09-24-2004, 06:49 AM
We are supposed to fly to Orlando Saturday and begin a Carnival Cruise that afternoon. It has not been cancelled yet. Waiting anxiously.... graemlins/shakehead.gif

Lizzy
09-24-2004, 07:17 AM
:( Please keep us in your prayers. It is suppsed to come in right around here. We still have damage from the last one that needs to be repaired.

[ September 24, 2004, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Lizzy ]

Jeff G
09-24-2004, 09:29 AM
I am scheduled to leave tomorrow and I am concerned for my trip but before I go on about our trip my thoughts and prayers go out to all of the great people who live in Florida.

I have concerns for our trip though. We leave Wisconsin tomorrow at 6:00am. As of now all of our plans are still unchanged. My DW says we should go and ride out any storm in the Dixie Landings. I am torn though. The last thing the residents of Florida need is more tourists to care for when they have there own homes and families to worry about.

Plus I hate to put my family in harms way.

What have others done in this situation?

AdrianInOcala
09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
The way things are with this storm, cancellations and closures aren't going to be decided for airlines, businesses, etc 'till at least tonight at the earliest. It all depends on when Jeanne clears the high pressure system to the north of it. If you have flights, cruises, reservations, etc, and the airports or ports close, you can usually reschedule at that point for no penalty. Call your airline, etc. We're supposed to go down for 4 nights at AKL starting next wednesday, this thing needs to hurry up and clear out.

Timbo
09-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Here we go again... graemlins/shakehead.gif We're under a hurricane watch this morning as is most of the Florida east coast.

Folks, I would not cancel plans to WDW. The official forecast track as well as most of the models predict Jeanne will skirt the east coast as it moves north. At the very worst, the WDW area will get rain and maybe some wind on Sunday. I would venture to guess that the parks will open on Sunday, but they may open late on Sunday.

The buildings at WDW are built to survive much stronger winds than they have seen this season and Jeanne will not be affecting that area too much, so don't worry, it'll be okay.

Enjoy your trips!

Dreamin' of Disney
09-24-2004, 10:15 AM
What is her projected strength supposed to be as some comes on shore? I think the last projection I saw she was at a category 2, which is still bad, but much better than a 4 or 5. Is she projected to gain much strength by landfall?

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, lets hope she loops back north and only brushes our coasts with some rain.

Jeri Lynn
09-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Hello,
We made our decision and are flying down to Orlando tomorrow morning instead of Sunday morning. Luckilly making all the hotel, limo and airline changes went off without a problem. The only negative is that we can't sit together on the way down, but that's not that bad.

Stay safe everyone!!

micurealsoon
09-24-2004, 02:25 PM
I can't believe this. Three weeks ago we were scheduled to arrive at the World along with Hurricane Frances so we rescheduled. Now I will be arriving this Sunday along with Hurricane Jeanne. I must be a hurricane magnet. Plus I am living through TD Ivan right now.

We are still uncertain about leaving Saturday night for a Sunday arrival. We are driving so we could postpone for a day. How are the locals handling this new storm? Any problems yet?

Hoping she will turn north soon.

imported_PolyGirl40
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Disney is waiving their cancellation policy due to Hurricane Jeanne.

Their Statement:

Guests with reservations arriving between Friday, September 24 and Monday, September 27, 2004, may, if they wish, modify or cancel their reservations by calling 407-W-DISNEY.

Any deposit and cancellation fees will be fully refunded (with the exception of airline tickets issued for a WDTC air inclusive package. For airline modifications or changes, guests should contact the airline directly.) This policy change only applies to guests or Travel Agents who booked their reservation directly through Walt Disney World. Guests who booked a Walt Disney World reservation through another intermediary must contact them directly.

Lizzy
09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Just heard form Jeanne (no not the storm, Piglet822) and she said from what she has heard so far, the Magic is comming in tonight to Cape Canaveral, then riding out the storm out at sea with no guests, then embarking on Monday from Ft Lauderdale, and the Wonder on Tuesday, also from Ft Lauderdale. That is all she knows about the cruise line so far.

pjbs35a
09-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Lizzy:
Just heard form Jeanne (no not the storm, Piglet822) and she said from what she has heard so far, the Magic is comming in tonight to Cape Canaveral, then riding out the storm out at sea with no guests, then embarking on Monday from Ft Lauderdale, and the Wonder on Tuesday, also from Ft Lauderdale. That is all she knows about the cruise line so far. Cruise Line Changes (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/20/949.html)

Ed
09-24-2004, 07:02 PM
Those of you planning on arriving/leaving this weekend:

Orlando International Airport (MCO) will CLOSE at 6:00 PM on Saturday, 9/25, and will re-open at approximately 12:00 Noon on Monday, 9/27.

There will be no incoming or outgoing flights between those times.
________
Yamaha RD400 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_RD400)

WDWdriver
09-24-2004, 07:04 PM
I think this is all Jeanne's (Piglet822) fault. This hurricane is obviously coming to visit the person it is named for. graemlins/thedolls.gif

The latest forecast track has the storm smacking the Orlando area sometime Sunday. Here we go again.

imported_PolyGirl40
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Latest Statement Form Disney:

Based on updated information from the National Weather Service and consultation with emergency preparedness officials, Walt Disney World® Resort has taken several steps to ensure the safety of guests staying on our property.

All Walt Disney World® Resort hotels will remain open throughout the storm, with the exception of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Guests with reservations at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground or Disney's Vero Beach Resort arriving from September 24 through September 26 are being relocated to other resorts. Guests who have scheduled reservations at either one of these resorts arriving before Monday, September 27 are encouraged to call (407) W-DISNEY†.

Bmwdsny
09-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by WDWdriver:
I think this is all Jeanne's (Piglet822) fault. This hurricane is obviously coming to visit the person it is named for. graemlins/thedolls.gif
Oh yeah, Jeanne is a trouble storm all right!!! LOL!!!! graemlins/laughing.gif and back to the road of her favorite drive to Fort Lauderdale!!! LOL!!!!

Will this ever end???? I really feel so sorry for the Floridians!!! :(

Main Street Jim
09-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Well, down in Vero Beach - my dad's - they're looking at a early Sunday landfall, with the eye coming right through downtown Orlando at about 2:00pm. That means we'll probably start seeing the outer bands here in WDW probably late Saturday night, since she's (that'd the *hurricane*, not our beloved Piglet...LOL) so BIG across. Right now, the storm is a high 2 - low 3, but is supposed to pick up over the next day or so. I see that they're evacuating Brevard County again, and the Space Center and Visitor Complex is staying closed.

We'll see what happens. We're still scheduled to go into work on Sunday, but the Triathlon that was supposed to run has been cancelled and NOT rescheduled.

stitch626
09-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Just got back from my Disney cruise on the Magic. We arrived in Port Canaveral around 8:00pm and began disembarking around 9:45pm.The entire cruise staff was wonderful in this situation. Anyone who wanted to was offered a night at the Swan or Dolphin with breakfast included Saturday morning. We opted to just come home since we must get ready for Jeanne. We also will recieve 50 percent off a future cruise. Not too bad for missing one night and Castaway Cay. More info to come in a trip report tomorrow. Must get some sleep now.

Dopey's Girl
09-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Prayers and pixie dust for all you poor Florida folks...I can't believe you have to deal with this yet again!

[ September 25, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Dopey's Girl ]

Dreamin' of Disney
09-25-2004, 06:45 AM
So sorry that this storm won't stay out to sea. All our Southern East Coast friends, here at intercot, or like wise, please stay safe.

And Hurricane Jeanne go away... graemlins/shakehead.gif

momoftwo
09-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Prayers and thoughts coming your way to all the Florida residents. When will these darn hurricanes end? We have a trip planned for Oct. 30-Nov. 5. I am wondering if I should cancel and change dates to next year. This is our first trip in 7 years and our kids first time at Disney. I don't want everything to be a mess. We are driving down from Ohio and I want to enjoy my vacation.... What do you think? Cancel or not?

T

threeh
09-25-2004, 09:10 AM
we were supposed to fly into MCO on sunday but i just changed our flight to tampa. i hope it works out and we make it to wdw. ugh. go away jeanne!! and go away lisa too.

Calamity Jane
09-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm still thinking something's gonna happen to this storm and we'll all be fine (SUDDEN LEFT TURN BACK TO SEA!!)

Why I think this is simple...days before Francis came knocking my mom called me all panicky. She did not get panicky and never once thought Ivan would come...and he didn't hit our area. She still has not panicked called me about Jeanne so I'm thinking good vibes here....

Either that or I'm seriously deluding myself and am in denial about another round of this.

goofygirl67
09-25-2004, 12:04 PM
You know a hurricane is bad enough, but we haven't had time to clean up from Francis yet, all that debris is going to make things worse. :mad:

SallyP
09-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Jeanne's Probable Path as of 11 am (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W+GIF/251503W.gif)

micurealsoon orinally posted:
We are still uncertain about leaving Saturday night for a Sunday arrival. We are driving so we could postpone for a day. How are the locals handling this new storm? Any problems yet?
Just be prepared to stop on the way somewhere based on the current projections. Of course that could change so I guess the best plan is to monitor the path. It won't be an easy decision on your part. Good Luck!

threeh
09-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Calamity Jane:
I'm still thinking something's gonna happen to this storm and we'll all be fine (SUDDEN LEFT TURN BACK TO SEA!!) i like your thinking!!!!!!

snowtigger
09-25-2004, 04:19 PM
I feel so sorry for all you Floridians! Is this ever gona stop! :mad: My family and I are scheduled to affirve in exactely one month, and I am so afraid things won't be ok for us to come. My kids are really worried, as this is theri first time, what are the chances of this being the last one?? :confused: Is Orlando really gona take a big hit from Jeanne? How fast do the parks repair stuff? Pixie Dust to all you that might have to go thru this again, our prays are with you all tongue.gif

snowtigger
09-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Sorry about the icon I picked on my last message!! I didn't know it stuck it's toungue out!!! I feel so bad sorry sorry sorry .....Forgive my stupidness graemlins/shakehead.gif

Bmwdsny
09-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Ah, don't worry about it...We won't hold you to it!! But.....
Welcome to Intercot!!! Just so you know you can edit your message by clicking the above icon..Looks like a paper with a pen..That way you could have just deleted the tongue icon and none of us would have known you did that!! LOL!!

imported_PolyGirl40
09-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Latest from Disney World:

Adjusted Hours for September 25th;

Magic Kingdom, Epcot & MGM - Closing ay 7PM
SpectroMagic - Cancelled
Wishes - - Cancelled
Fantasmic! - Cancelled
IllumiNations - Cancelled

Pleasure Island - Closed
Marketplace, West Side & DisneyQuest - Closing at 7PM
Disney's Miniature Golf Courses - Closing at 7PM
Electric Water Pageant - Cancelled
Wide World of Sports Complex - Closing at 7PM
Cirque du Soleil - All Shows Cancelled
Hoop Dee Doo - 9:30PM Show Cancelled
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 8PM Show Cancelled
BoardWalk's ESPN Club - Closing at 6PM
Jellyrolls & Atlantic Dance Hall - Closed

All events scheduled for Disney's International Distance Triathlon for September 24-26 have been Cancelled.

[ September 25, 2004, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

fig's disney
09-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Well if anyone decides to go stay safe and God Bless

Ed
09-25-2004, 06:16 PM
FYI....

All WDW parks and water parks will be CLOSED on Sunday, September 26th. :(

Just a little trivia... WDW parks have been closed more days in the last six weeks than they have been in the 33 years since the park opened.

:(
________
Kawasaki KD100 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KD100)

TiggerRPh
09-25-2004, 06:19 PM
I heard on the weather last night that this is the first time Florida has gotten hit by 4 hurricanes in one year since 1884.

Is that true Ed?

;)

Nana
09-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Ray, this is true. The only other state to be hit by 4 hurricanes in 1 year was Texas.

I take the Ferry
09-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Wife and I had planned to do AK and MGM today. Glad we stayed in T-town. You know it's serious when the talking heads start saying "hunker down." I'm so sick of that expression.

So here's what I'm thinking:

We've gotten so many storms this year, maybe we won't get ANY for the next few years.

Thoughts and prayers for all my fellow Floridians. Hunker hard.

DisneyMom3
09-25-2004, 08:10 PM
momoftwo...

Don't cancel your vacation. I'm sure it will be fine.
In fact, we are going the weekend of 10/1-10/3 and also the weekend of 10/22 (maybe). This has been a bizzare hurricane season to say the least.
As I write this we are all shuttered up awaiting the eye to pass over. We are south of the eye so hopefully we won't get it as bad as northern fla.

Ed
09-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by TiggerRPh:
I heard on the weather last night that this is the first time Florida has gotten hit by 4 hurricanes in one year since 1884.

Is that true Ed?

;) Yep. That's almost right. 1886, actually. I remember it like it was yesterday.....

;)
________
CRF150 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CRF150)

Ghost1000
09-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by I take the Ferry:
You know it's serious when the talking heads start saying "hunker down." I'm so sick of that expression.AMEN -- talk about your overused expressions!

Bmwdsny
09-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by TiggTigg5:
FYI....

Just a little trivia... WDW parks have been closed more days in the last six weeks than they have been in the 33 years since the park opened.

:( Funny you said that...(and i believe it too.)
I just said to my DH tonight that i don't ever remember in my whole life that i have been to Disney, that they closed this much due to hurricanes!

Calamity Jane
09-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Craziness...that's all I have to say. graemlins/shakehead.gif

I think I need a nap...or a drink.

stitch626
09-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Calamity Jane:
Craziness...that's all I have to say. graemlins/shakehead.gif

I think I need a nap...or a drink. How about both? I'll join you. graemlins/beer.gif

CaptSmee
09-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Wondering if everyone in the Orlando area is OK right now...watching the weather channel and they are saying Orlando is getting hammered with the most rain so far, about 7 inches! They are also saying that they are already getting reports of heavier damage than when Frances hit along the coast...I hope everything pans out okay...everyone hang on tight for the night, and god bless...

buzznwoodysmom
09-25-2004, 11:51 PM
It seems so funny to me to be typing this again so soon. Everyone in the path of this hurricane stay safe. I hope everything is alright and you all don't have too much damage. Please check in as soon as you can so that we can all know that you guys are ok.

marlyn
09-25-2004, 11:52 PM
All you in Jeanne's path are in my thoughts and in my prayers this evening! Stay safe!

ElenitaB
09-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne... :eek:

Enough already of these storms! Glad to know that our Jeanne is safely out of the way and hope that the homefront fares the namesake well.

Lizzie and all our other fellow FL Intercotees, our thoughts are with you!

And our thoughts and prayers are with all those cast members who have done so much to make magic for us when visiting the World.

Here's sending you bunches of pixie dust!

Digger
09-26-2004, 01:39 AM
we just got home from Howl-o-Scream at Busch Gardens, they elevated their wind alert and started closing the park down. it was supposed to go until 2 AM. the wind was blowing the van all the way home. we'll see how long we have power. graemlins/mickey.gif

Disney Doodle
09-26-2004, 03:07 AM
Just to let everyone in Jeanne's path know that I will be thinking of you. Please take care and stay safe.

Angie.

[ September 26, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Disney Doodle ]

Ed
09-26-2004, 04:34 AM
The bulk of the storm is still southeast of us, but we're catching some pretty heavy sustained wind and driving rain. Power has "blinked" off and on six or seven times during the night.

My amusement for the night has been watching the TV weenies getting drenched and blown around while they oh-so-nobly demonstrate for us how windy and wet it is. (Psssssttttt.... guys/gals.... we KNOW what a hurricane looks like! Get out of the rain! Your mascara is running!)

Power just went off again, but this time it didn't come back on. Gonna jump off to conserve battery power on the laptop. More later.
________
vapor genie (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

SallyP
09-26-2004, 05:12 AM
Winds woke me up at 4 am. DH said he doesn't ever remember me getting dressed this early before. :D Jeanne is not as far north as THEY said it was going to be. We're under a hurricane warning now. Venice is at 27.1N and at 5 am the storm is at 27.5N. So I'm going to get some coffee and watch the local weather guys as long as we can. Take care all you Floridians. Check back when you can. God Bless.

Dreamin' of Disney
09-26-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm just at a loss for words. Please everyone stay safe. Hope to hear from you all as soon as you can check in. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all and your families.

:confused: Has anyone else noticed that every hurricane this season that has the letter 'a' as the third letter, has hit Florida? Just a weird coincidence I noticed during Ivan. :confused:

Dreamin' of Disney
09-26-2004, 06:49 AM
I meant to say every named hurricane this season. Not sure if what I posted above made sense?

[ September 26, 2004, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Dreamin' of Disney ]

Nana
09-26-2004, 10:05 AM
How are you guys in Orlando and Tampa? I just read this on the Hurricane website:
WDW Swan / Dolphin station reported 83 mph wind gust

[ September 26, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: bradleysnana ]

Calamity Jane
09-26-2004, 10:57 AM
I've been awake on and off all night....the winds seem worse then the ones we had during Francis. I just watched a gust take off a couple pieces off our palm tree and it looked like someone was throwing them down the street.

But really things do not seem too bad right here...no trees falling down and our power's only blinked on and off.

I just hope everyone else is holding up just as well.

imported_JohnY
09-26-2004, 11:47 AM
a couple pics from inside the studios are on the home page smile.gif

snowtigger
09-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Yes, Dreamin of Disney, I have noticed too that all the storms names have the letter "a" as the third letter. That is too wierd, one good thing tho, Lisa and Carl have their a's in another spot!lol Geez, you could take that comment for what it's worth LOL :D
Waiting to leave for Disney in 27 days!!! graemlins/mickey.gif

minniemouse23
09-26-2004, 02:35 PM
I haven't heard anything about damage this time. Does anyone know how things "weathered" this storm? I hope this is the last one this year. I am tired of getting so worked up! We had major damage to our property & barn/shed during Ivan. We were host to 16 people for over a week & a half. (We live in AL but have MS power) We ate quite well though! Cleaned out 3 refrigerators & 3 freezers. :D Everyone else was out of power for quite a long time. Public schools are just now starting tomorrow. Things are in a "tizzy" in Mobile with only 1 storm. These poor people who have dealt with 3 is just to much! I look forward to hearing Disney is just fine & they are opening tomorrow?!?!?

[ September 26, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: minniemouse23 ]

J9
09-26-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm over in Chatham Square (one of the Disney college program housing complexes) and the winds haven't really seemed to die down yet. I "slept" on the couch because my bed is right up against the window and I didn't want to sleep there. For going on about 12 hours now, the wind is creating a tunnel in the hallway outside our apartment and is banging against the front door making it sounds like someone is trying to force their way into the apartment. If we open the door to our porch it takes two of us to pull it closed again. There's some debris in the street across from us, but I can't tell what it is. We have three leaks in our dining room (the dripping kept me awake all night) and the entire back wall of the dining room is being soaked through (but we don't know how)

But we're surviving and we're all safe. Every now and again a strong gust comes along and we can feel the entire building shake, but we never lost power or phones -- just the internet until about an hour ago.

imported_PolyGirl40
09-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Parks will open tomorrow with a slight modification in hours.

MGM -- 10AM - 8PM
Epcot Future World -- 10AM - 7PM
Epcot World Showcase -- 11AM - 9PM
Magic Kingdom - 9AM - 8PM
Animal Kingdom - 9AM - 5PM

Blizzard Beach - 10AM - 5PM
Typhoon Lagoon - CLOSED

Marketplace - Noon - 11PM
Pleasure Island - 7PM - 2AM
West Side - Noon - 1AM
DisneyQuest - 11:30AM - 11PM
Mini Golf Courses - Noon - 11PM

AND

Due to the damage caused by Hurricane Jeanne, the Living Seas Pavilion, the Coral Reef Restaurant, and the Dolphins in Depth Tour will be closed until Sunday, October 3.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will re-open for guests on Tuesday, September 28.

Disney's Vero Beach Resort will re-open for guests on Saturday, October 2.

[ September 26, 2004, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

StaceyJonahJoel
09-26-2004, 09:30 PM
I was at the BCV all this week. We were scheduled to leave today, but left yesterday morning instead. My MIL was lucky enough to get a 3:00 P.M. direct flight back home to Moline, IL Sat afternoon. My husband and I left driving home to Louisiana. We stayed last night in Crestview, FL right around where Ivan hit and arrived home today. We had to find an alternate route to Disney World last Friday because Ivan had hit and now we had to escape from Orlando due to Jeanne. Though, I have to say that I would do it all over again. The trip was amazing and every thing I had dreamed of.

ccp1
09-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Can anybody tell us what happened to the Living Seas Pavilion?

imported_PolyGirl40
09-26-2004, 11:23 PM
President Declares Florida Major Disaster Area

Hurricane Jeanne Blamed For At Least 6 Deaths

UPDATED: 9:20 PM EDT September 26, 2004

HUTCHINSON ISLAND, Fla. -- President George W. Bush has declared a major disaster area in Florida.

A White House spokesman said the president's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in 19 Florida counties. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the hurricane.

Six deaths have been linked to Hurricane Jeanne, the fourth such storm to hit the state in six weeks. It's now weakened to a strong tropical storm, with sustained wind near 65 mph.

The deaths include two people apparently drowned when the sport utility vehicle they were driving plunged into a lake northwest of Fort Lauderdale. Another person was electrocuted in Miami after touching a downed power line.

State officials said search and rescue teams would be deployed as soon as the storm passes to look for people who may have been injured in the hurricane. Thousands of residents choose to ride out the storm in shelters.

The storm piled on destruction in already ravaged areas. It sliced across the state with howling wind that rocketed debris from earlier storms and torrents of rain that turned streets into rivers.

Jeanne was a cruel rerun for many still trying to recover from earlier hurricanes, coming ashore with 120 mph winds in the same area hit three weeks ago by Hurricane Frances.

The new storm piled on destruction in already ravaged areas. It sliced across the state with howling wind that rocketed debris from earlier storms and torrents of rain that turned streets into rivers.

More than 1.5 million homes and businesses have been left without power. Many school and government offices caught in its path will be closed at least through Monday.

Gov. Jeb Bush sought to reassure weary Floridians.

"This does come to an end, and when it does we can probably use the term 'normal' again," Bush said.

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2004, 11:28 PM
What kind of damage did the Living Seas receive? Is that all that was damaged on WDW property?

Calamity Jane
09-26-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah...still windy. And I know what you mean J9...my bed is right against my window as well. Nothing more pleasant then hurricane force winds lulling you to sleep...well i guess now they're tropical storm force winds.

So I think again our house fared well. There's a field beside our next door neighbors that go flooded but it didn't spill over into our yard. It was kind of neat to see though...there was a recycling bin floating in it like a little green boat. I'll be going to see the parks bright and early tomorrow morning....

ROEJunkie
09-27-2004, 12:00 AM
I don't know what the actual damage is, but before Frances hit, someone posted here that the roof on The Living Seas was not expected to survive through that hurricane. I guess that prediction wasn't far off.

-Eric

wonders10
09-27-2004, 12:17 AM
I started another thread asking this but it got closed so forgive me if it seems out of place...but first, let me say best of luck to those that got the worst of jeanne. Of all the hurricanes that have hit florida, down here in fort lauderdale we keep managing to dodge bullets left and right (knock on wood). It stinks for it to happen once, nevermind 2 or 3 times for some of you.

Now to my question...I'll be going to WDW on Friday for a long weekend. Is there any siginificant damage that would cause a delay in the opening of the food and wine festival? Also, for those of you familiar with the Florida Turnpike - is there any damage or anything to the roads from Orlando SOUTH to Fort Lauderdale? I haven't heard anything, but would like to be prepared. Thanks so much!

*Shannon

JohnnyLo
09-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by J9:
I'm over in Chatham Square (one of the Disney college program housing complexes) and the winds haven't really seemed to die down yet. I "slept" on the couch because my bed is right up against the window and I didn't want to sleep there. For going on about 12 hours now, the wind is creating a tunnel in the hallway outside our apartment and is banging against the front door making it sounds like someone is trying to force their way into the apartment. If we open the door to our porch it takes two of us to pull it closed again. There's some debris in the street across from us, but I can't tell what it is. We have three leaks in our dining room (the dripping kept me awake all night) and the entire back wall of the dining room is being soaked through (but we don't know how)

But we're surviving and we're all safe. Every now and again a strong gust comes along and we can feel the entire building shake, but we never lost power or phones -- just the internet until about an hour ago. AAAHHH good old chatham square, those were the days graemlins/crazy.gif . Its a good hting huricane season is almost over. How many more can that state take??? I hope everyone is ok down there.

MaryburkS
09-27-2004, 01:35 AM
Well...I'm over in south Lake county, about 7 miles to the west of Animal Kingdom and it was pretty crazy over here today. I woke up at 5 this morning and we took a beating til this evening, and it's still quite windy even now. This one was the worst of the 3 for my area. I'm fortunate to have power now, but i haven't had water since sometime last night (I smell niiiiiice :eek: ).

Hope everyone else is allright around here.

[ September 27, 2004, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: MaryburkS ]

imported_PolyGirl40
09-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by ccp1:
Can anybody tell us what happened to the Living Seas Pavilion? No details. The CM just read me the closings and hours.

However, it could be anything. The wording doesn't say the pavilion was damaged - just that due to Hurricane Jeanne it will be closed. Hence I'm assuming it's minor at best - as it's re-opening within the week.

Reports should be filtering in more and more today. Stay tuned .....

JDNM2005
09-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I read that October was to be the worst month for hurricanes. I really hope to God that is not true after what september has brought.

medic9016
09-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by JDNM2005:
I read that October was to be the worst month for hurricanes. I really hope to God that is not true after what september has brought. That is not true, Oct, Nov is usually the slower part of the season. Aug and Sept is usually the peak of the season. Later in the season you start getting the cooler waters which is not what a hurricance needs. Hurricane season goes from June to Nov.

iamaDnut
09-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi All

This is from the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper

"Disney spokesman Bill Warren said Epcot's Living Seas had some water damage and might not reopen until Tuesday, but it wasn't a major problem."

Marc J graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/tiki.gif

goofygirl67
09-27-2004, 06:15 PM
I know 1 of the deaths took place in Clay county. A 15 year old boy was outside when a tree fell on him. For those who don't know where Clay county is, it's just south of Jacksonville.
Even though Jacksonville was not even close to be directly hit we took alot of tree damage and flooding and we just got our power back on.Alot of the traffic lights were out also.
The grocery store's are taking a hit with the power outages, the emergency generators do NOT run the refrigeration cases or coolers. They have had to throw alot of product out for the second time this month.

thevs
09-27-2004, 08:32 PM
graemlins/clappy.gif
Hurray the storm has passed! Our thoughts & prayers are with all who have been effected by the hurricanes one way or another. Hopefully, they are all finished for the season!

We are flying in for a WDW visit on the 5th and heading for the Magic on the 9th. Has anyone heard whether Port Canveral will be operational again by that time. Has anyone heard anything about Castaway Cay?

Hopefully no more hurricanes, or bad storms for those of you who live in Florida, and those of us who turn green graemlins/sick.gif during high seas!

Any information available would be appreciated! graemlins/mickey.gif

Nana
09-27-2004, 08:53 PM
thevs,
Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/muscles.gif