PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Theme Park signs?

jwallace378
01-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I notice how great the signs in the Disney World theme parks are. They are carefully crafted with great detail. I was wondering if anyone knows any info on buying theme park signs from old attractions, restuarants, etc... A sign from one of the theme parks would be a great addition to my "Disney room" in my house...Thanks for any info.

shellyc
01-01-2003, 05:09 PM
We have attended the last three Disneyana Collectors Conventions at WDW and DL and they sell old signs at the convention under "Minnies Attic" or "Mickeys Garage Sale".
I didn't buy any signs but many people bought the old parking lot signs from DL when they tore down the lot to build California Adventure. There were a few signs this year, the Convention is now a 3 day event held the 3rd week of August. There is a public day sale the last day.
Michele

Mufasa
01-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Disney will occasionally put up signs (and other theme park pieces like the Mk IV Monorail Red front cab, a car from Mr. Toad, etc.) for auction on ebay.

And you can always purchase attraction posters easily through the parks (I posted in another thread about how Disneyland offers attraction posters in different sizes including full-sized posters and not just the miniature attraction posters with the option of either art paper or canvas). Hopefully WDW will also be starting to use Print on Demand soon. Also the Disneyland gallery offers unique items depending on what they're exhibiting at the time including reproductions of some of the original conceptual artwork for the attractions (right now it's the Haunted Mansion through January 5th). I have several reproductions on canvas that look fantastic (original artwork for Nightmare before Christmas and copies of Marc Davis's original portraits for the stretching room among the pieces I picked up).