PDA

View Full Version : disney outlets?

aprilzw
04-04-2002, 06:14 AM
I have occasionally read mentions of Disney Outlet stores? Anyone have an idea of where these are located? And how good are the bargains?

kansasteen13
04-04-2002, 07:48 AM
I have no clue where they are but I have heard they usually have pretty good bargains and I thjink I heard of one in Flordia near Orlando

imported_Melanears
04-04-2002, 07:56 AM
The ones I can think of off my head that may be close to you are in Dale City, VA (Potomac Mills) and Rehobeth Beach, DE. It's too early to think, but the only other stores I can think of right now are in Sieverville, TN, Hilton Head, SC and Branson, MO. I'm sure someone can help with a complete list.

One time I can go in and they will have tons of things I want, and then the next time they have nothing. They do sell videos and if I recall correctly, they are discounted very little, if at all. Other things are at a pretty good discount in my opinion. If you sign up for their mailing list, they will occasionally send you a postcard for extra discounts. It's just kind of hit or miss to me, as far as merchandise and prices.

Melanie
graemlins/mickey.gif

[ April 04, 2002, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Melanears ]

goingtothemousehouse
04-04-2002, 08:42 AM
The best Disney outlet store we visited while in Orlando in March was at the Premier Outlets. You get off I-4 at exit 28 (I think) :confused: Lake buena vista, you should see a Golden coral on the left turn at the light, as if you were going to the restaurant, just follow the road around, the outlets are on the right. You can see the outlets from I4. Some really great deals on Disney World stuff. graemlins/mickey.gif

tennesseegirl
04-06-2002, 12:37 PM
A friend and I went to one back in February that was located inside one of the malls in Nashville. They have some pretty good sales but the one we encountered only had stuff from Disneyland, not DisneyWorld. I want more stuff from Walt Disney World. I would suggest you check it out if you get a chance.

tennesseegirl graemlins/mickey.gif

disneyismagic
04-09-2002, 12:54 PM
I don't know if these qualify as "outlet" stores but there are many Character Stores in and around Orlando and LBV. The merchandise changes often with clearance items from many of the parks. I got my usual stuff at World of Disney and the parks but I ended up picking up some extras at these stores. For example I got a ToT Goofy for $2.99 for my DS, it was probably something I would not normally buy but it was too good of a deal to pass up! graemlins/mickey.gif

Timbo
04-09-2002, 03:02 PM
Yes, there are Character Premiere and Character Warehouse stores at some of the malls in the Orlando area. I have found some excellent prices and sometimes have found out of print CDs, books, and unusual Disney items there. Always worth a trip. :cool:

We have one here in South Florida at Sawgrass Mills, I always stop in there when at the mall...never know what I may find.

eeyorefanatic
04-23-2002, 02:36 PM
There are outlet stores all over the US. There are 3 I think in the Orlando area (2 at Belz factory outlets and another one)and are "must dos" on all of my trips. The typical savings are from 50% to 75% for merchandise. I make it a point to stop BEFORE I get into the parks and buy most of my souvineers this way. They tend to have a limited amount of stuff that is still in the parks, a lot of out of season merchandise, as well as som perfetly fine items tha for some reason never sold (slightly different color blus, logo on back instead of front etc). I have found some tremendous bargains there.

Tom Roughley
04-23-2002, 09:02 PM
The Belz Outlet Malls on I-Drive have two Outlet stores run by Disney. They have excellent deals on WDW merchandize. I picked up a summer jacket for 25 bucks originally 65 in WDW.

Mulchpuppy
04-26-2002, 01:18 AM
While you're at Belz, you may want to check out the Universal Discount store - when we went everything in the store was 50% off - I spent waaay to much money there (but not as much as I dropped for Disney!)

Unless you think Universal is the graemlins/thedolls.gif , that is

DisneyWizard
04-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Believe it or not there's one about 20 minutes away from where I live -it's new, but I think it was only temporary. I'm not sure if it's still there.

wDwMarly
06-01-2002, 09:31 AM
There's one ouside of the entrance closest to DD. I think it's in the same area as the crossroads shopping center. There also was another one in the Premier Factory Oulets (or something like that tongue.gif )
graemlins/mickey.gif

Victor Kelly
06-01-2002, 02:12 PM
2 or three are in the Belts retail area on norther I Drive. Just take I drive north past Kirkman Ave. The road dead ends at the shopping area. Another place is off of Rt536 in small shopping center to the left when heading east. You will see a sign with an electronic message light board. The shopping center is almost built in a cirlce or square with all the parking in the middle.

imported_Melanears
06-06-2002, 07:53 AM
I just got a postcard the other day with some coupons for the Disney catalog outlets, and it includes a list of all outlets. They are located in:

Foley, Alabama
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Branson, Missouri
Jonesville, South Carolina
Sieverville, Tennessee
San Marcos, Texas
Woodbridge, Virginia

[ June 06, 2002, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Melanears ]

onegoofyfamily
06-06-2002, 10:10 AM
I've been to the one in Jonesville, SC many times... sometimes you will find unbelieveable prices! graemlins/crazy.gif
There is also a "Character Corner" in Myrtle Beach, SC. It sells left overs from the park... at great prices!! I know you don't live near there, but thought I would pass that info. for anyone who does!

imported_Melanears
06-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by onegoofyfamily:
I've been to the one in Jonesville, SC many times... sometimes you will find unbelieveable prices! graemlins/crazy.gif
There is also a "Character Corner" in Myrtle Beach, SC. It sells left overs from the park... at great prices!! I know you don't live near there, but thought I would pass that info. for anyone who does!Thanks so much for the info and Welcome to Intercot!! graemlins/muscles.gif

Where is this "Character Corner"? I'd love to check it out next time I am down that way. By the way, I used to love going to the Disney Catalog Outlet there in Myrtle Beach at the outlets on the way to Conway. Do you have any idea why they closed that one? It was always busy!!

onegoofyfamily
06-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Hey! The Character Corner is in the same building {store} that the outlet was! The outlet closed and this new store opened there! :D

Thanks for the welcome! I love this site!! graemlins/clappy.gif

[A dream is a wish your heart makes when your're fast asleep]

imported_Melanears
06-06-2002, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by onegoofyfamily:
[QB]Hey! The Character Corner is in the same building {store} that the outlet was! The outlet closed and this new store opened there! :D

Cool, we will definitely have to check it out. We'll be down there around the 4th of July, although we usually don't venture "into" Myrtle Beach during the summer. Crazy!! :eek: My mom has a house up at Ocean Isle and we try to stay away from Myrtle during the summer months. I love it during the winter though. Thanks again for the info!!

[ June 07, 2002, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Melanears ]