PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to rent a water sprite or boat?

BugeyedMuggy
02-15-2003, 09:31 PM
What is the best body of water to explore while renting a water sprite or pontoon boat?

I know there are several, Coranado, Caribean, Downtown Disney, Bay Lake, Cresent lake and Seven Seas Lagoon... Did I forget any? :confused:

RFBDisneyTree
02-16-2003, 10:21 AM
I highly recommend renting one from any of the Magic Kingdom Resorts. You can go around all of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon including going under the Monorails when you go on the waterway between Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon. These Mouse Boats are also quite fast and fun. Enjoy. :D

brownie
02-16-2003, 11:47 AM
I didn't think to ask this question, thanks for asking! We've never tried them and want to on our next trip.

alliecat
02-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by RFBDisneyTree:
I highly recommend renting one from any of the Magic Kingdom Resorts. You can go around all of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon including going under the Monorails when you go on the waterway between Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon. These Mouse Boats are also quite fast and fun. Enjoy. :D We totally agree- we had a blast when we rented them in December!! We rented a water mouse and a pontoon boat. We were staying at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, so we rented them there. I think that was one of our favorite times during our trip. We will definitely do that again on our next trip.

Disney-4-Me
02-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Our favorite place to rent is from the Polynesian. We like seeing the Magic Kingdom then cruising past the Contemporary and under the monorail. We have great pictures from there. We buy a waterproof disposable camera to take along in the boat. Keep in mind that the Water Mouse is only fast if you DON'T have 2 adults in one boat.

Scott C
02-20-2003, 07:00 PM
I can not recommend highly enough purchasing the family plan if you are staying at a MK area resort. Unlimited use of the watercraft for the length of your stay for a little over $200. It was the bargain of our latest trip.

Thanks
Scott C

TheInventor'sDaughter
02-22-2003, 01:04 PM
We have rented water mice from a couple different areas -- and we can confirm (and CMs confirmed as well) that the MK resort water mice are MUCH faster than the other areas. There is also more to see in Bay Lake / Seven Seas area than in other areas.

We actually like going to FW to rent the water mice because we have little kids. They have a petting farm, pony rides, beach -- all right by the marina. Also, it's by our favorite restaurant -- the best value in WDW -- the Trail's End buffet.

We get two water mice -- one adult and one child in each boat. It is true that you really can't comfortably fit two full-size adults in one boat.

We actually did something a little unique on our last trip -- we dropped our kids off at GF Pirate's Cruise at 10 a.m. (knowing we had to be back to pick them up at noon), had a quick breakfast/brunch at GF, then we drove over to FW and got two water mice at around 11:30 a.m. We had "adults only" fun in the water mice for a half hour -- we even found the kids' pirate cruise boat and buzzed by for a wave at them -- then we picked them up at GF marina at noon and had a half hour with them in our water mice, taking them back to FW for a day of fun there!!

It was awesome! (One of those planned things that actually worked out better than we expected!)

I have never done the "$200" for unlimited boat use, but that is a GREAT deal if you are staying for a few days and enjoy boats!!! The water mice cost $30 an hour, so you'd only have to use them a couple times and a pontoon once or twice to get your money's worth!!

smile.gif - V

BugeyedMuggy
02-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Good stuff! As luck would have it we are going to be staying at the campground. Thanks for sharing smile.gif

CJDDS
02-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey, bugeyedmuggy - should have got the Kiwi! ;) Seriously, enjoy the new camper. We saw the family plan for the boats at FW last fall but had too full a schedule to do it, but it sounded like a great deal - check the message board at the nearest comfort station for details. I am thinking about doing it next trip when it will be just DS and me.

graemlins/mickey.gif