PDA

View Full Version : Must-have's for my Disney Library

Disney_Girl
10-31-2002, 01:26 AM
Of my fellow Intercottes out there, who has some suggestions as to some must-have literature on WDW? So far I have the Big Little Book of Disney, 2 of the Disney trivia books, and about 10 different years of Birnbaum's guides. I have the Disney Imagineering book on order, what other books can curve my Disney-knowledge appetite? graemlins/crazy.gif

Beast_fanatic
10-31-2002, 05:43 PM
Here's a link for a previous post about Disney books (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002872#000000) that should give you some ideas.

Hope this helps!

imported_Melanears
10-31-2002, 11:31 PM
Two of my favorites are Inside the Dream: The Walt Disney Story and Disney: The First 100 Years.

princess bethany
11-01-2002, 08:35 AM
my favorite so far is the official biography of walt disney. my fiancee and i read that book in one sitting.

Ian
11-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Boy I can recommend a ton !

</font> Building a Company, which is a fascinating bio of Roy Disney</font> Work in Progress, which is Eisner's auto-biography. Even if you don't like him (which I don't), trust me it's worth the read.</font> Walt Disney, which is the official biography by Bob Thomas. It's a little sugary and smoothed over, but still good.</font> The Mouse Tales series, by David Koenig. If you're going to read all the good, you should read some of the bad too.</font> Since the World Began, which is an excellent history of Walt Disney World.</font>And remember ... PLEASE support Intercot by ordering any of these through our Amazon.com link. The site gets a portion of the proceeds each time we refer a sale to them.
Enjoy !! graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

Disney_Girl
11-01-2002, 11:41 PM
Thanks guys for all of the help. Now I just have to work a few extra hours to buy them all... graemlins/laughing.gif

valjane
11-03-2002, 07:53 PM
My favorite Disney book is the "Encyclopedia of Disney Animated Characters" by John Grant. It's a HUGE book- kinda pricey-- and examines every single Disney character (from cartoons and animated movies) in depth. It kind of goes into psychological profiles of the characters. I guess the idea is a bit bizarre, but I LOVE it!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

Duane
11-03-2002, 08:56 PM
John Canemaker's "Nine Old Men" is a good choice to make in books. Also, Frank and Ollie's "Disney Villians" is a good one. Imagineer Joe Rohde's wife wrote one about Animal Kingdom when it was opened. I am not sure if that one is still available in the park but is a great book. Hope this helps... graemlins/mike.gif

Duane