PDA

View Full Version : Guest Information and Public Internet Access Devices

TiggerRPh
05-28-2002, 09:55 PM
News from our very own mktiggerman :

from the Kingdom Kryer

The Guest Information and Public Internet Access Devices that are appearing across property are now being installed at the Magic Kingdom. These are touch screen multimedia devices available for Guests to gain access to WDW information, check their e-mail and browse the web; to include Disney World.com. Our Guests can also use the device to directly call and speak with our WDW Guest Services, Recreation Services, and/or Dining Services representatives via a touch screen speed dial button located on the device.

There are 8 Device locations: (all devices are located in public payphone banks)

-Guest Relations Window *

-Main Street Train Station *

-Plaza Ice Cream Parlor *

-Pirates Of the Caribbean (near the rest rooms)

-Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

-Ursa's Major Minor Mart

-Splash Mountain (near the rest rooms)

-Verandah Breezeway

* These locations were installed 5/23; all others will be complete by 6/1

Thanks Rob!

Claytonia
06-09-2002, 01:54 PM
I know I'm a little late in responding to this, but I just wanted to add that my sister (aka DisneyScarlie) used one of these at Epcot to check her email. I think it cost about 25 cents a minute; it ended up costing her $1.25, which I thought was pretty reasonable to read and respond to an email! Anyway, we both thought that they were pretty neat and a nice addition. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Credo96
07-06-2002, 04:40 PM
I think this a great addition to WDW. It will be great. Does anyone know if it will allow you to check any e-mail account?? I used a Internet terminal at Disney Quest a few years ago but I could only go to certain Sites IE. GO.com Disney.com etc :confused:

Claytonia
07-07-2002, 03:52 PM
Credo96 - My sister used one of the ones at Epcot to check her college email account. I think it will let you check any web-based email account. smile.gif

Credo96
07-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Thats Great!!.

Thanks

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Is there a fee to use these terminals?

imported_JohnY
07-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Is nothing sacred? Can't we just be on vacation anymore.... ugh. It's bad enough I have to have my cell phone on all the time becasue I am on call but now will I be expected to check email while I am in the parks too?

I like the idea of Internet Kiosks but would prefer they were outside the parks at the resorts, outside the main gate, monorail stations... anywhere but in the parks.

TiggerRPh
07-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by JohnY:
Is nothing sacred? Can't we just be on vacation anymore.... ugh. It's bad enough I have to have my cell phone on all the time becasue I am on call but now will I be expected to check email while I am in the parks too?
I totally agree with you an unless I'm expecting something urgent (but then they can call my cellphone), I don't plan on using them. Sad to say, they probably will be popular.

Daveyk
07-08-2002, 02:18 PM
What *did* we do before the era of these electronic pariahs?

Before cell phones, email, pagers, etc, we could truly go on vacation and lose ourselves in the moment.

[ July 08, 2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Daveyk ]