PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever receive a broken shipment from Disney?

millercv
05-29-2003, 10:45 PM
I bought the big Figment during my trip over the weekend and had it shipped - it came today much to my surprise. But Figments arm is broken. We called and left a message with the Art of Disney Store but still waiting on a reply.

Has anyone had to deal w/ a broken shipment before? What is the normal process?

Thanks,
Chris

Beast_fanatic
05-30-2003, 10:05 PM
I haven't actually received a broken shipment, but I've heard of people that have, and they've had no problems getting their merchandise replaced.

mickeefan
06-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Over the years we have had a very few things broken and have always received first class service from WDW, or disney catalog.We have never had a problem.

DisneyorBust
06-19-2003, 09:49 PM
For Christmas my husband order me the Mickey 2 story snowglobe. It came a total of three times. The first two were broken. Other than a phone call and a trip to the post office X2, he had absolutely no problems. They were very pleasant. He was getting a little nervous with Christmas fast approaching but he got it in time thanks to Disney. I think he did have to talk with Disneyland though somewhere along the way. tongue.gif

JPL
06-23-2003, 01:24 PM
I never had a problem getting merchandise replaced on my last trip I bought a TOT ceramic reproduction with MIckey inside & the CM at the store didn't pack the Mickey Prooperly and it was broken when I got home. Not only did the send me a replacement but they let me keep the broken one

disneydeb
06-23-2003, 08:53 PM
A few years back my girls had dolls made at the doll shop in Germamy (World Showcase) . Their dad took the girls out while I arranged to have the dolls shipped home as a Christmas suprise. When the dolls arrived home, one had crossed eyes. I sent the doll back with a letter to please straighten the eyes or reset them. When I didn't get a response in about three weeks, I called the shop (back then one could call the shop directly, not so anymore) they said they could not send the same type doll( as it was a special event doll) but would send another doll that was similar. That was fine with me.The replacement doll was a little smaller and with blue eyes, but gorgeous. A few days later, I came home from work and noticed a package on my front porch, my girls had not noticed it. Thinking it might be an early Santa delivery, I didn't get the package until the girls were safely tucked away. Imagine my suprise when I found the doll I had returned to be repaired to WDW on my doorstep. The letter returned with the doll stated they did not understand what I wanted done to the doll.I took the doll out of the box and to my suprise the dolls eyes must have been jiggled back into place by the shipping going back to WDW. The eyes were fine. I called the shop again and they told me to keep BOTH dolls. I even got a doll for Christmas graemlins/muscles.gif Pure Disney Magic graemlins/clappy.gif
graemlins/mickey.gif Deb

Dulcee
06-24-2003, 04:58 PM
For my sisters wedding two years ago we ordered a mickey and minnie figurine, it arived broken two days before the wedding, we called and they rush ordered a new one that arrived the next day in perfect condition for no extra charge...

TXDisneyAddict
06-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Last December my husband and I had seen the Candlelight Processional and loved it so much, we bought the CD of the music for ourselves and my mother. When we got back to Dallas, I gave my mom the CD. As we were standing there talking she unwrapped all the celophane and took off the security sticker and when she opened the jewel case there was no disk in it. :eek: I called the phone number on the receipt and they apologized and sent out a new one. No questions asked. Disney is the absolute best in service, in my opinion. graemlins/clappy.gif

millercv
07-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Just an update - Disney had someone pick up the broken big Fig from our doorstep and a new one arrived about a month later (I think the one I had previously recieved was the last one and they had to wait on a new shipment).

I was worried because it looked like the box had seen better days but Figment was fine and is now on top of my stereo rack smile.gif

Now I have no place whatsoever for another one so they cant come out with any other neat big figures. Hmmmmm maybe just one smile.gif