PDA

View Full Version : Nice Disney Jewelry

DisneyDudet
05-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Has anyone bought and NICE Disney Jewelry from WDW? My parents replaced their wedding bands w/ Mickey bands for their 10th anniversary but thats all I know of. Where is the best place to buy the expensive jewelry? For me it probably would be at the World of Disney since we get 10% off being APholders.

I don't know what I'm looking for but I think something in good sterling silver. I know I can buy some cheaper but the rings and earings w/ CZ's in them have fallen out, but I didn't spend a lot on them so I'm not too bummed. I think I want solid mickey ears earrings.

If I buy something that is expensive, do they have a warranty if a stone falls out or if something else (not my fault) happens?

What experience do yall have with Fine Disney Jewelry?

šoš DisneyDudet

dlpmikki
05-26-2003, 04:02 AM
They tend to have some of the more expensive jewellry in the villains room at World of Disney. I don't know what they do if stones ever fall out because I have never had that problem yet (touch wood!)

Some of the shops in the parks also have some but of course no 10% off there. It seems to be associated with watches as where you find them you often find a little area with jewellry.

DisneyDudet
05-26-2003, 12:44 PM
What jewelry did you buy mikki.young?

dlpmikki
05-26-2003, 01:26 PM
I got a couple of necklaces and a brooch. I keep being tempted by a gold necklace with a plain Mickey silhouette hanging on it. Quite elegant but almost $300! :eek:

Disneydol
05-26-2003, 03:17 PM
I try to buy a 14k gold charm for my bracelet each time we go.
I've purchased one in the jewelry shop on Main Street, and one inside World of Disney. (I'll show at the DFW meet!)

Go there first...they had the same selection, more clearance merchandise, and the discount!!! If I remember correctly, there were at least 2 tall rotating displays of sterling silver charms and earrings.

I've never purchased anything with a stone, so I can't help you there.

I'm looking to buy a decent watch this time, so I am curious to see other's responses!

DisneyDudet
05-27-2003, 02:16 PM
My mother is buying herself one of those made-to-order hand made watches for something... i dunno.. she told me. THey are sold at MGM in the Jewelry store there where they got their wedding bands.

My mom is looking for a gold charm like my sterling silver one like the mickey mouse ears hat. I have a 3-d castle one too. I'm looking for just some good fine jewelry that won't tarnish or fall apart. Anything else?

How do we get the discount at the shop in MK? Our APs only say at World of Disney.

šoš DisneyDudet

Patti
05-27-2003, 08:57 PM
I don't believe there is a discount at Uptown Jewelers at MK or in any of the parks. I buy my watches and jewelry at World of Disney to get my 10%. I have noticed that most of the jewelry found in the parks can also be found at World of Disney. And you can use your discount.

Just a thought...You might think about buying a plain piece of jewelry and having your local jeweler add a gemstone. At least if the stone falls out, you can take it back to your jeweler for repair.

WEDINDISNEY
05-28-2003, 05:34 AM
Back about 6 years ago when I was in Disney, I went into the Emporium on Main Street and there was a long counter that had alot of nice jewelery. Such as gold necklaces,bracelets and earrings etc. Anyway I got a pair a mickey shapped earings in amythest. It was a real amythest stone and they sold them in other stones. From what I remember there werent that many stone choices. I dont think that I got any type of paperwork with it. I paid around 400 dollars I think for the earrings. It was worth it for me.

If you happen to remember where the store was that your mom bought her wedding bands from could you please post it I would love to get a pair. I wish I knew about that before our wedding. Oh well Thanks OoO

WEDINDISNEY
05-28-2003, 05:38 AM
Does anyone know what type of stuff that they sell in Uptown Jewelers? And where on Main Street that it is. Im thinking now that that might have been the jewelers that I went into to buy the earrings that I mention in my post above. Is it right near the Emporium?

Thanks

Joy2theworld
05-28-2003, 06:03 PM
The jewelers is across the street from the Emporium... If you are walking up Main Street from the Main Entrance, its right before you reach the glass blowing shop and the Main Street Bakery. The better jewelry is at the back of the shop. The front is mostly watches and small figurines.

Lucille
05-28-2003, 06:32 PM
My DH bought my engagement ring from Jewel of Orleans in New Orleans Square at DL. This might not be what you're looking for, as they are more of a estate jeweler, but my far this seems to me to be the best place to by jewelry at any Disney property. I can't tell you how amazingly nice the staff at this store was. They indulged me over a few days when I kept sneaking away from my husband to "go to the bathroom" and ran into their shop to try on my ring. They even let me wear it outside the shop so I could see how it looked in natural light. The staff was by far the best we dealt with while shopping for an engagement ring.

I'm not sure of any company that would insure a piece of jewelry, besides an actual insurance company. I get my rings checked by a jeweler every 4 months to make sure no stones are loose, and I do carry insurance for my engagement and wedding rings in case I do loose a stone or the whole ring.

DisneyDudet
05-29-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by WEDINDISNEY:
Back about 6 years ago when I was in Disney, I went into the Emporium on Main Street and there was a long counter that had alot of nice jewelery. Such as gold necklaces,bracelets and earrings etc. Anyway I got a pair a mickey shapped earings in amythest. It was a real amythest stone and they sold them in other stones. From what I remember there werent that many stone choices. I dont think that I got any type of paperwork with it. I paid around 400 dollars I think for the earrings. It was worth it for me.

If you happen to remember where the store was that your mom bought her wedding bands from could you please post it I would love to get a pair. I wish I knew about that before our wedding. Oh well Thanks OoO Its on Sunset Blvd. I think its one of the ones in Sunset Blvd Shops. Its before you get to the planet hollywood stuff i believe. They aren't the only place that sells them. I'm sure they sell them at Marketplace b/c they didn't have my mom's size so they bought my dad's there and my mom's at MGM.

šoš DisneyDudet

Disneydol
05-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Sorry if I was unclear before...I did NOT get the discount in MK. I paid full price! :eek: (It was my first time back in over 10 years, and before I knew about intercot!)

I was urging you to go to World of Disney first so you CAN utilize your discount. I guess my head thought one thing and my fingers said something else!

You should be able to find something really nice, they have a very big assortment: from cheap and cheesy to expensive and elegant. (or expensive and cheesy, if you so choose!ha!)

[ May 29, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Disneydol ]

DisneyDudet
05-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey Disneydol, I see you are going in June, as am I. Maybe, if we're going at the same time, we could shop together...hehe.

I figured that you mistyped.. as I do all the time.

I just want some nice earrings (without stones) in the shape a mickey head, any suggestions. I know they have the ones setting out on display, but I think they are sterling silver w/ stainless steel posts, which turn my ears green. I was wondering if they have any that are completely sterling silver or maybe white gold? I don't know really, I guess I'll hafta check in exactly 2 weeks!

šoš DisneyDudet

Disneydol
05-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DisneyDudet:
Hey Disneydol, I see you are going in June, as am I. Maybe, if we're going at the same time, we could shop together...hehe. :D

Maybe you should suggest a shopping trip over on the June meets thread! haha

Another place where I saw some really nice jewelry was inside the Contemporary Hotel. Just a thought, if you're dropping in there anyway!

DisneyDudet
05-31-2003, 07:12 PM
When in June are you going?

I'm just wanting something nice but fairly inexpensive.

Anyone else have any Disney jewelry?

šoš DisneyDudet

Pixie Power
06-06-2003, 12:23 PM
I have a gold mouse ears charm graemlins/mickey.gif for my charm bracelet. I bought it at the jewlery street on Main Street USA. I got it back in Nov. of 2000 and have not had any problems w/ it.

HTH! :D

DisneyDudet
06-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Pixie Power:
I have a gold mouse ears charm graemlins/mickey.gif for my charm bracelet. I bought it at the jewlery street on Main Street USA. I got it back in Nov. of 2000 and have not had any problems w/ it.

HTH! :D Thats exactly what my mom wants! Do you know if you saw it at the world of disney?

Pixie Power
06-07-2003, 06:24 PM
At that time (Nov. 2000) , I had never been to Downtown Disney, as this was my 1st trip to WDW since Magic Kingdom's opening year. And when we were there over New Years, I didn't think to look @ the charms. But they have such a huge array of jewlery, I would be surprised if they didn't.

BTW--I was just going to post to you about the Mickey wedding bands. My Dh and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary on Sept. 11th this yr. Since we are going to England and Ireland in July and WDW in Aug., we probably won't get each other anything really expensive for anniv. gifts. I mentioned the bands to Dh and said I'd like one of those and just have my diamond ring reset to go w/ it. What does it look like exactly? And do you know about how much it cost them for just 1?

TIA! graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyDudet
06-09-2003, 03:41 PM
There are 2 different kinds... here's the kind they got..

It cost about $180-$200 for solid gold
Its a band, but it has mickey shapes etched into them all around.

The other on is more expensive and it has mickey shapes carved out.. instead of etched... they are 3-d coming out of the band all the way around

i thinks that how i can explain them.... if you go to one location that has them but not in the size you need, ask them to call the other locations to see if they have the size they will hold it for you.

Pixie Power
06-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Oh thank you so much for the info! :D Now I really can't wait to see them!!!!! graemlins/mickey.gif Hopefully Dh will take the hint I gave him and do it for me. ;) Who knows?

Thanks again! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

goofy for pluto
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
I think that the Yacht Club gift shop has some nice jewelry, also the Contemporary. graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyDudet
06-13-2003, 02:11 AM
If you look at some of the "cheapie" type jewelry in the major shops around the World, they have the same bands, but in sterling silver. The etched one and the carved one... i have that one. It will give u an idea of what they look like if you don't get a chance to see the others first.

jhiltz
07-08-2003, 11:04 PM
I bought the small 3 pearl mickey earings (cheap ones) at a stand in Epcot. One of the pearls fell out. However, I had saved my receipt and on a later trip exchanged them at Uptown Jewelers in MK. At Uptown, I also bought gold hoops with Mickey images punched out of it. They were around $100 and well worth it. I like them because they're subtle. Also, there is a shop in MGM (Sunset Blvd shop?) that has some really nice pearl earings and necklaces (expensive but nice).