PDA

View Full Version : diecast ride vehicles

Yeardley
07-26-2002, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know how many ride vehicles have been made based on DW rides? If anyone knows all that have been made, would you be willing to list them? I want to compare what I have with what I don't. Also, are they all eventually going to be retired? I'm wondering if I should take a chance on waiting to get them in December or start shopping on e-bay. smile.gif

Main Street Jim
07-26-2002, 11:43 PM
I'll list what I have, and what I can remember ;) I'm assuming you're talking about the "Disney Attractions" collection.

Main Street Fire Engine
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Disney Transportation Bus
Peter Pan's Flight
Haunted Mansion Doombuggy
Haunted Mansion Hearse
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad train
it's a small world boat
Norway Maelstrom boat
Splash Mountain Log
Kilamanjaro Safari Truck
Jungle Cruise boat
Pirates of the Caribbean boat
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Astro Orbiter
Winnie the Pooh Hunny Pot
Mad Tea Party Tea Cup
Aladdin's Magic Carpet vehicle

And those are just the ones we own...LOL...now, there's also some that aren't part of the Attractions Collection, like:

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (the pull-back race car - in two colors - red and yellow with Minnie driving)
Test Track car
Monorail
Walt Disney World Railroad

...and I'm sure there's MANY more. Next time we go over to Once Upon a Toy, we'll make a list ;)

Yeardley
07-27-2002, 02:07 PM
Main Street Jim, Thank you so much for the list. Would you know the answer to my other question about these being retired any time soon, or more than likely being around for a while?

Main Street Jim
07-30-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey Yeardley...as far as I know...every one of 'em's over at Once Upon a Toy...I could do some, *ahem*, research, and make an entire list of what they have there. graemlins/mickey.gif I know there's way more than what I listed!

Claytonia
07-30-2002, 04:23 PM
Does anyone happen to know if the Jungle Cruise boat is still available? I don't remember seeing it last time, but maybe I just overlooked it. :confused:

GoofyWill
07-30-2002, 06:35 PM
I belive the Jungle Cruise was retired.

GoofyWill
07-30-2002, 08:17 PM
I need to clarify my previous post. I was just on ebay and saw the jc diecast with Mickey in the boat. I believe this is new. The JC that is retired is the one that came inside a plastic display case like BTMRR and the Liberty Belle Riverboat. These are just scaled down versions of the actual ride vehicle, while the others are more like toy replicas.

[ July 30, 2002, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: GoofyWill ]

LittleSpirit02
07-31-2002, 01:06 PM
These die-cast vehicles sound so great! I've never seen them. Where can you buy them? I'd love the Splash Mountain log and the Maelstrom boat. How much are they on average? What scale? Thanks!
graemlins/muscles.gif

brownie
07-31-2002, 01:18 PM
I have the Magic Kingdom fire truck and the Dinosaur ride vehicle (this one didn't come in a case, but the fire truck did).

GoofyWill
07-31-2002, 05:14 PM
You can get them at bunch of shops at WDW or by calling Merchandising 407-363-6200. They are usually $6. Some of the larger ones are more. The Matterhorn, Alice and Wonderland, Mr. Toad, and Snow White you have to get from DL.

Yeardley
07-31-2002, 07:02 PM
When I purchased a few in June, the CM at the cash register just had to ask were they for me (an adult) or a kid. He was so curious because even though they are considered "toys" he said more adults were buying them as collectibles.

DUMBOelephantGIRL
07-31-2002, 10:13 PM
I have 2.

- Winnie the Pooh one
and
-Kali River Rapids with Mickey inside it.

~I got these 2 at WL in 2000.

I want to get the dumbo one!! I love dumbo!!

Claytonia
07-31-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GoofyWill:
I need to clarify my previous post. I was just on ebay and saw the jc diecast with Mickey in the boat. I believe this is new. The JC that is retired is the one that came inside a plastic display case like BTMRR and the Liberty Belle Riverboat. These are just scaled down versions of the actual ride vehicle, while the others are more like toy replicas.That is exactly what I wanted to know! :D I remember seeing the retired JC boat on a Disneyana dealer's website, but I thought there might have been a new one (like you spoke of). Thanks, Will! graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif