PDA

View Full Version : Bubye MetLife

DisneyWizard
06-03-2001, 06:41 PM
From WDWMagic.com:

1 June 2001: MetLife and Wonders of Life

"MetLife has ended its involvement with the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Walt Disney World's Epcot Center. As a result, the sale of Walt Disney World and Disneyland discounted tickets through MetLife will be discontinued. In order to give associates a window of opportunity to wrap-up any pending vacation plans, requests for discounted Disney tickets will be honored through June 6, 2001."

Furthermore, a contact (I believe she's the MetLife rep that works the pavilion) that works at WOL has said that the pavilion WILL STAY OPEN, but all MetLife signage will be down by June 8.

------------------
"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

In the works:
X Busch Gardens VA 2001 (Been there done that!)
-Cedar Point OH 2001
-Worlds of Adventure 2001
-Walt Disney World 2001
-DisneyLand 2002

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site! (http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.asp?usernum=2106291801)

Figment!
06-03-2001, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know who the knew sponsor will be? I think MetLife was a pretty good one.

------------------

Tannerman
06-04-2001, 10:37 AM
Probably no one. Another reason for Disney to rip down a pavillion and put up junk in its place, all for the sake of the "guests".

------------------
How do they get rid of the bugs in Ft. Wilderness? :)

FIRE MT.MAN
06-04-2001, 12:28 PM
The old MetLife area should get a rehab.It seems out of date when your inside.Maybe a little more like THE LAND but with it's own feel and topics about health.

------------------

Paradiddle
06-04-2001, 12:42 PM
You know, this pavillion really never kept guests like other ones nearby.

While riding Universe of Energy (old name, I know), thought about a new idea.

Why not have the pavillion all about science and the scientific method, with Bill Nye as the "host" for the entire pavillion. Of course, it would be geared for younger guests, but would still be interesting enough for adults. You could easily incorporate Body Wars as well as other rides to the theme.

Keep in mind, the theme fits beautifully with Future World, yet is still different from Innoventions.

What do you think?

------------------
Paradiddle
...your friendly local WDW monitor

FAVORITE WDW QUOTES:

"Honey, stop racing the monorail."
-my girlfriend said as she caught me trying to compare a parallel train's speed with that of my car.

"Walt Disney is a person!?!"
-excitedly exclaimed a little girl upon seeing his bust at MGM.

"Where's the monorail to MGM and Animal Kingdom?"
-a woman asked aloud as she read the monorail signs at the TTC.

"It's called 'A Salute to all Nations, but mostly America.'"
-Sam Eagle describing his three hour finale to Kermit during MuppetVision 3-D.

Figment!
06-04-2001, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paradiddle:
You know, this pavillion really never kept guests like other ones nearby.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be because it sits back off of the main path.

------------------

DisneyBaby
06-04-2001, 02:04 PM
As long as there are no character greets or hub-and-spoke rides, I have faith that the Disney people will think of something to do. I enjoy this area immensely and hope they don't ruin it. Perhaps some of the biology exhibits from Innoventions can be added and expanded? Just a thought.

------------------

DisneyWizard
06-05-2001, 01:27 PM
I can see it now - you board round cells that go round and round in the 'bloodstream'. The people in the front can make it go up and down, and the people in the back can make it go side to side.

http://www.intercot.com/boards/sarcblink.gif

I'd like to see a change in theme too - just not one with a huge budget-cut in it.

------------------
"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

In the works:
X Busch Gardens VA 2001 (Been there done that!)
-Cedar Point OH 2001
-Worlds of Adventure 2001
-Walt Disney World 2001
-DisneyLand 2002

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site! (http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.asp?usernum=2106291801)

Figment!
06-05-2001, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DisneyWizard:
I can see it now - you board round cells that go round and round in the 'bloodstream'. The people in the front can make it go up and down, and the people in the back can make it go side to side.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe you meet Disney charachters in Bio-suits from there recent journey through the human body. http://www.intercot.com/boards/sarcblink.gif

------------------

Victor Kelly
06-06-2001, 12:15 PM
Or Disney can put in an attraction that opens a few years late, and breaks down a lot. Whoops, sorry, they already have one of those: Test Track.

"The sarcasm just flows like the Force"

------------------
šoš Is it time to go back yet?

It all started with a Mouse

[This message has been edited by Victor Kelly (edited June 06, 2001).]

jefmblrd
06-07-2001, 03:11 PM
That sounds like a great idea. And Bill Nye is popular.

------------------
Remember the Magic.

UltimateDisneyFreak
06-11-2001, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Victor Kelly:
Or Disney can put in an attraction that opens a few years late, and breaks down a lot. Whoops, sorry, they already have one of those: Test Track.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whenever I'm feeling blue,I come here and read the message boards. Replies like this one cheer me right back up and make me laugh!

------------------
-Matthewšoš