PDA

View Full Version : Tipping

tiggerandpooh63
05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
We leave Sunday for our 4 day Wonder trip! Just wanted to confirm whether we can charge our tips to crew members or do I need to bring cash? Thanks! graemlins/mickey.gif

Bmwdsny
05-28-2002, 01:31 PM
You may indeed charge the tipping to your credit card and they will give you a special reciept to put in the tipping envelopes. Have a Great time!!! graemlins/muscles.gif I gotta wait til Aug 2003!!! UUGH!! :eek:

Jennib
05-28-2002, 10:23 PM
Hi
If you must charge your tips on the credit card, I suggest bringing a couple letters stating that the tips are on the card and then put it in the envelopes. I am always very worried about putting it on my credit card. I know that these waiters, bus boys and room stewarts work so hard and i don't want them to be stiffed. Once I was on a cruise that the tips were pre-paid. I made copies of the letter that stated that the tips were pre-paid. I put one copy in each of the envelopes with a note saying thanks!!

Hope this helps!

wdtrain
05-29-2002, 08:39 AM
Just a reminder, the only exception to charging your tips is room service. If you use room service you should tip them at the time of service. We purchased $2.00 bills before we left and they were great for the Porters at the Port and room service. graemlins/party.gif
you are going to have the time of your life! graemlins/party.gif

tiggerandpooh63
05-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all of the great tips! I'm sitting here at work counting down the hours...time is going SOOOOOOO SLOWLLLLLYYYYY! graemlins/muscles.gif

JRabbit
05-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Disney has tried to create a "cashless" society on their cruises. It's easier to lose track of how much you are spending when you always pay for items using your room key. :cool: So now there are 2 areas on the ship where you need cash: 1) tipping room service and 2) tipping the Dueling Piano folks in Off Beat. Needing cash for the porters on shore is obvious since you either haven't check in or have already check out.

Thanks for the "tip" regarding $2.00 bills - thats a good one.