ChipDale
10-10-2002, 06:14 PM
Cast of Characters:

Jane (aka ChipDale)
Ron (my husband)

Trip Dates:

Wednesday, September 18 – Monday, September 30

Day Four, Saturday, September 21

Got up at 6:00am again today to get ready for our breakfast with Chip and Dale over at the Beach Club. We arrived a few minutes late for our 7:30am PS, but they were very friendly and it wasn’t a problem. We were seated and our server (Roger) came over immediately with coffee and juice. I love this buffet (and I’m not a big buffet fan). We had eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, and Krispy Kreme donuts. graemlins/tasty.gif There were many more items to choose from but we didn’t try everything. Service here was wonderful and Chip and Dale spent lots of time at our table because I had brought one of my Chip and Dale backpacks filled with Chip and Dale merchandise with me. :D After breakfast we walked over to Epcot through the International Gateway. They actually let us in early (right after 8:30am) because there was another pin event going on and the CM at the gate said it was easier just to let everyone in. We took our time walking down to Future World, enjoying the empty promenade. We arrived at the Imagination pavilion a little before nine and waited for it to open. We rode the new and unimproved Figment ride graemlins/ack.gif then we stopped in at the kiosks and sent some e-mail postcards.

We headed over to the Land and rode the Living with the Land boat ride, then did Food Rocks and the Circle of Life. After the Land, we saw the film in the Living Seas and watched the manatees for a while and saw part of the dolphin show (very cute!). After the Seas, we stopped for a water break before getting to Ellen’s Energy Adventure. Cooled off in Ellen’s while enjoying the show. I love this show! After Ellen’s we saw Cranium Command (I love this one too) and got another bottle of water before getting to our 1:00pm PS for the San Angel Inn in Mexico. We felt pretty good since we did all of the attractions in Future World that we had wanted to do in one morning. The Mexico pavilion felt wonderful (it was hot and very humid again today). We checked in and were seated in a few minutes of our PS. I asked at the podium for Myriam, the server that I had in May, but they told me that she had already gone back to Mexico. :( Our server Fernando was very friendly and prompt though. I had a margarita graemlins/tasty.gif and Ron ordered a Tecate beer. We enjoyed the salsa & chips and our drinks and the wonderful atmosphere a little before ordering. I had the Queso Fundido and Ron had the Plato National. Everything was really yummy and we were way too stuffed for dessert, however we each had another Tecate.

After our delicious lunch, we rode El Rio del Tiempo and the nice CM gave us our own boat. graemlins/thumbsup.gif We then headed back to the Polynesian and did some laundry, I ironed clothes for this evening, and we took a nice nap. Got up in a couple of hours and showered and we hopped the monorail to make our 7:30pm PS at Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian. We checked in at the podium and were told that we’d have to wait 20 to 30 minutes – the hostess was not too helpful and did not offer any explanation when we inquired. graemlins/shakehead.gif No matter, we found the bar and had a couple of before-dinner drinks and enjoyed the atmosphere. I really liked the mood in this restaurant. It was our first time there and I actually thought it would be a little more formal (I wore a dress), but it’s fairly casual. Our pager went off about 30 minutes later and we were seated at Natalie’s table. She was very friendly and efficient. Since we already had drinks, she took our appetizer order – I had the zesty shrimp and Ron had a mixed green salad. Both were excellent. For our main course, I ordered the filet mignon and Ron had the pork tenderloin. My filet was cooked perfectly and was extremely tasty. Ron gave me a taste of his tenderloin and it was delicious too. For dessert (which I usually don’t order) I had to have Walt’s lemon meringue pie (it’s my favorite). They served it as a little tart and it was fantastic! The fireworks had started by this time and they piped the music in, but we couldn’t see them from our table and didn’t feel like getting up to watch. We both ordered one more drink to take out on the patio so we could watch the Electrical Water Pageant – it couldn’t have been more perfect! We took the walkway along the beach back to the Polynesian – it was a beautiful night and it was so enjoyable to walk along the water. One more stop at the Tambu Lounge for a nightcap and we called it a night. This had been another magical day for both of us. graemlins/mickey.gif

sgdisney
10-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Sounds like a "just about perfect" day! I was glad to hear you got a nice nap in, I've been getting tired just reading about your early starts!

winky
10-10-2002, 06:41 PM
It sounds like you're having so much fun! That's my idea of a vacation!

Piglet
10-10-2002, 09:43 PM
Janie...

I'm having so much fun reading your trip reports...what a fabulous anniversary you & Ron had! I'm glad it was a two week trip...because I don't want these reports to end!! graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

Sorry about your accident, Janie...hope your arm is feeling better...glad it didn't ruin your trip.

Can't wait for Day 5!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

harlowandthemermaid
10-10-2002, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear you had to wait so long at Narcoossee's...I hope the meal made up for it! It sounds like you had fun at your character breakfast too!

MauiMouse
10-11-2002, 08:06 AM
That was nice that the CM let you into Epcot earlier. I truly enjoy the empty promenade as well, we had it to ourselves on our tour. So quiet and peaceful.

Enjoying your reports. graemlins/mickey.gif

imported_Melanears
10-12-2002, 12:35 AM
I'm glad Chip and Dale spent a lot of time with you ~ guess they know a true fan when they see one!! ;)

You guys do your evenings right. Sounds like a great time!!

LittleLady
10-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Jane,
These reports are so enjoyable. I am glad to hear that you gave graemlins/thumbsup.gif to Narcoossees. We are leaving in 8 days and have a PS there. It will be our first time,but after reading your dining review from there, I am sure I will love it. That is so cool that Chip and Dale spent so much time with you. smile.gif

[ October 12, 2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: LittleLady ]

diana's mommie
10-12-2002, 03:26 PM
I reallly enjoyed your posts and they sure have rubbed off on me. Last night I dreamt that we also took a coast to coast trip but Disneyland and Disney World were right next to each other. funny how dreams work. Lisa

TiggerRPh
10-13-2002, 11:28 PM
Another fun day Jane!

Your trip reports are so detailed, I feel like I'm there. Thanks Jane!

On do Day 5!!!

imported_PolyGirl40
10-14-2002, 09:35 AM
That Chip and Dale bait works every time, huh? graemlins/laughing.gif

I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed Narcoossee’s. I know how excited you were to try it. I'll have to add it to my dining list for next year.

It gets so hard to fit in the favorites, plus try new places. It sounds like you're doing a fine job. ;)

Another great report! --- smile.gif

Dopeysfriend
10-15-2002, 10:22 AM
Thanks a lot, Janie. Now the Rio del Tiempo song is running through my head :rolleyes: ..."Adios amigos, we hate to see you go, hurry back amigos to sunny Mexico. La la la la...la la la la la la..." ;) graemlins/laughing.gif

Thanks for another great report! graemlins/muscles.gif