ChipDale
10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Cast of Characters:

Jane (aka ChipDale)
Ron (my husband)

Trip Dates:

Wednesday, September 18 – Monday, September 30

Day Five, Sunday, September 22

graemlins/sleepin.gif Up at 6:00am again today. I ran over to Captain Cook’s for coffee while Ron showered. We had breakfast at the Kona Café again today. This time Marti was our server and we ordered a press pot of coffee again. I had my fresh squeezed pineapple juice and Ron ordered tomato. We both had the two eggs, bacon and potatoes today – everything was really yummy again! We hopped on the monorail right after breakfast and arrived at the Magic Kingdom about 10 minutes before they opened the gates. At opening we headed straight up to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan’s Flight, It’s a Small World and Snow White. Headed over to Tomorrowland for another ride on the TTA, then waited for the 10:00am (first show of the day) Hall of Presidents. I like the new narrator much better – (I did not like the Maya Angelou narration). After Presidents, we stopped for a bottle of water, then boarded the Liberty Belle and took a voyage around the river – very relaxing. I wanted to do the Country Bears show since they closed the one at Disneyland and I hadn’t seen it since last fall. We were in luck and a show was starting in just a couple of minutes. I don’t know if it’s because Disneyland’s is closed, but this one was packed! We enjoyed the show (it’s much better when you see it with an enthusiastic audience), then decided to head out of the Magic Kingdom since we had seen all we wanted to see (remember I couldn’t go on any thrill rides).

We took the monorail over to the Polynesian and got our car to drive over to Epcot. We had a lunch PS at the Teppanyaki Dining Rooms in Japan and were planning to make it over to the Studios later to see the One Man’s Dream exhibit. Our goal this afternoon was to see the three films in the World Showcase and the American Adventure one more time. We arrived around noon so we went straight to see O Canada!, then lucked out and caught Impressions de France just as it was about to start. It was our PS time for lunch (1:30), so we checked in at the Teppanyaki Dining Rooms and were seated with three other couples. We had a fantastic lunch! We ordered the edamame again for our appetizer graemlins/tasty.gif and I also had a half order (4) of the California Roll sushi (yummy!). We both had the Tonosama again (beef tenderloin and chicken). Add this to a couple of large Kirin Ichiban beers and some lively conversation with the other couples and it makes for one terrific lunch! Our chef was excellent and funny too.

After lunch, we caught the American Adventure and then walked over towards China to do the last thing on our list – The Wonders of China. On the way, we had to stop in Germany again for a Beck’s and a pretzel. We enjoyed those while we walked over. We only had to wait a few minutes for the film. I love this film too (in fact I really like all of the films in the World Showcase). When the film let out, it was pouring - we’re talking heavy, biblical rain. :eek: We waited for a little bit and browsed in the shop, then decided to get a couple of ponchos since it didn’t look like it was letting up at all. We waded our way over to the Rose ‘n Crown Pub to see Pam Brody before we left Epcot. Needless to say, even with the ponchos we both got soaked, especially our shoes and socks. graemlins/ack.gif Nothing like tromping around with soggy socks! We stopped in and said goodbye to Pam – there wasn’t a spare inch of room in that pub! (We would have liked to stay and have a few graemlins/beer.gif but it was packed.)

We decided to drive over to the Studios and not stop back at the Polynesian to change our shoes because time was running out. We were able to park up close so we didn’t need the tram and went straight to the One Man’s Dream exhibit. Ron really liked it a lot (I had already seen it in May) and we took about 45 minutes in there before seeing the film (which we’ve both seen several times at Disney’s California Adventure). graemlins/thumbsup.gif

It had stopped raining by the time we got out of the film and we thought about having dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, but our feet felt so yucky in the soggy socks (squish squish) that we decided to head back to the Polynesian and have a nice relaxing dinner at the Kona Café. Once we got back, we peeled our soggy shoes and socks off and dried our feet with the hairdryer. Feeling much better, we headed over to the Kona and luckily were seated right away (without a PS). Our server Jeff came over to greet us and we ordered a couple of beers and the Kona’s version of edamame and an order of pot stickers. When he brought the edamame out, we bit into one and another and another and discovered that there weren’t any beans in them! We told Jeff, who at first looked at us like we were crazy, then took them back to the kitchen. The chef came out and apologized – we were right - it was a fluke and there weren’t any beans in them. He made us another order (their version is served warm and they were soaked in sesame oil and sprinkled with pepper – delicious!) and they didn’t charge us for them because it was their mistake. The pot stickers were fantastic! For our dinners, we both had the Pan Asian Chicken Pasta – it was very yummy again (my favorite dish if you couldn’t tell). The manager came over to make sure that everything was okay and to apologize for the edamame – she was very nice and we assured her that everything was terrific. We each had another beer for dessert, then waddled downstairs to check out the pin cart and bought a couple of things in News From Civilization before heading back to the room to pack since we check out tomorrow. Ron ran over to the laundry to throw our shoes in the dryer and I started the packing and ironed our clothes for tomorrow. We watched a little TV then hit the sack. graemlins/sleepin.gif

sgdisney
10-10-2002, 10:02 PM
I bet I know how day 6 is going to start out.... up at 6:00 am again! ;) Seriously though, it sounds like your east coast Disney adventure was lots of fun, now I can't wait to hear all about the other side of the US!

harlowandthemermaid
10-10-2002, 10:37 PM
You sure do like the Kona cafe ;) Sounds like another nice day, sorry to hear about all the rain!

MauiMouse
10-11-2002, 08:14 AM
The squish squish from wet socks and shoes are no fun that's for sure.

All those great restaurant reviews are really making me hungry for WDW restaurant's. graemlins/thumbsup.gif Thanks for giving me a lot of good suggestions for my next trip.

graemlins/mickey.gif

[ October 11, 2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: MauiMouse ]

bjbunny
10-11-2002, 10:01 AM
I know what you mean about the rain. We were at the Magic Kingdom that day. It took 3 days for my sneakers to dry out.

Lucille
10-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Jane-
You write the best trip reports!!!
But I'm getting all "homesick" for WDW as I read them. I'll really lose it once you get to Disneyland!! It sounds like you had a really great time!!! smile.gif

diana's mommie
10-11-2002, 07:35 PM
I love reading your reports but I wonder is Disneyland is going to be a let down after WDW Can't wiat to hear more.

Dizneyana
10-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Yay!! I'm getting caught up!! graemlins/clappy.gif

I love your reports Janie... I could read them forever... graemlins/crazy.gif

No beans in the edamame!! :eek: Horrible!! ;)

Glad they made it up to you... graemlins/thumbsup.gif

imported_Melanears
10-12-2002, 12:41 AM
Another great day ~ I swear, I could hang out with you guys!! graemlins/beer.gif You really know how to do it right! ;)

Glad your DH got to see One Man's Dream. EVERYONE needs to see it at least once.

TiggerRPh
10-13-2002, 11:34 PM
Another fun day and another great report Jane...

I did not like the Maya Angelou narration... We're in agreement Jane, neither did I...the new one is better.

graemlins/thumbsup.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
10-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Janie -- You had my stomach growling at the mention of Teppanyaki - then you go and say "Kona Pot Stickers"!! YUM! graemlins/tasty.gif

Your day sounds great!

Dopeysfriend
10-15-2002, 10:27 AM
I swear that I did not steal the beans. :D

Another great day, Janie! And I'm with Carol, you've got me starving over here! graemlins/tasty.gif