Cast of Characters:

Jane (aka ChipDale)
Ron (my husband)

Trip Dates:

Wednesday, September 18 – Monday, September 30

Resort:

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel

Day Nine, Thursday, September 26

Got up today a little before 7:00am…went through our usual morning ritual of coffee, showering, etc. We were out the door and at Disneyland’s gate right after the 8:30am opening. Stopped in at the Blue Ribbon Bakery for a mocha, coffee and oatmeal cookies again. graemlins/tasty.gif We enjoyed our little breakfast at the tables in the Gibson Girl next door to the bakery before rope drop. At rope drop, we again went straight to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan’s Flight, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland and It’s a Small World. We headed over to New Orleans Square for a ride on Pirates, then took a cruise on the Mark Twain. After this, we walked over to Tomorrowland and checked out the new pin shop and had a couple of Build-A-Pins made. graemlins/smokin.gif The nice CM even found a Chip & Dale pin for me that I didn’t have! (I only collect Chip & Dale and they’re hard to find.) We wandered down Main Street, stopped for a bottle of water, then listened to the band concert in Town Square. When the concert was over, it was time to head over to the Golden Horseshoe for the 11:45am Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show! We were pretty hungry, so I got a hot dog basket and Ron had a chili dog basket. After the show, we headed over to DCA to check out a new bluegrass group called the Barncats that some of the Billy fans had recommended to us. We found them over in the Farmers Market area and listened to a set. They’re very good (banjo, fiddle, guitar and bass) – Disney did a terrific job in hiring them! graemlins/thumbsup.gif After their set we headed over to the beer truck in the Pacific Wharf area to have a Tecate graemlins/beer.gif while we waited for their next set at 3:00pm. We sat in the wharf area and enjoyed the sunshine and watched people go by for a while, then ordered a steak taco to share and a couple more beers to take over to the Barncats’ set at 3:00pm. graemlins/smokin.gif We listened to another set, then headed back over to Disneyland to catch the 4:15pm Billy Hill show. Ran into a friend inside, so we sat with her and enjoyed another show. We got to talking after the show and ended up staying for the 5:30pm show (last one of the day).

After the show we stopped at Coke Corner to listen to Rod Miller play and ended up staying until park closing (8:00pm) – we were having such a good time. graemlins/silly.gif We talked to Rod for a while after he was done playing, then headed out of the park. Since we had only snacked throughout the day, we were pretty hungry, so we headed over to Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen for dinner. We were lucky to get a table right away (I thought we’d have to wait for sure - this place is always busy). Ron ordered Bass Ale, our friend had a Pina Colada and I had a beer. We skipped appetizers since it was late, so I ordered the pasta jambalaya graemlins/tasty.gif Ron had the pork chop and our friend had the crab au gratin. Everything was really tasty. We had a couple more drinks while our friend had the bread pudding for dessert. After dinner we said goodbye to her and went back up to our room. We watched some TV (saw the end of ER), I ironed some clothes for tomorrow while Ron checked his e-mail, and we hit the sack soon after. graemlins/sleepin.gif

imported_Melanears
10-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Sounds like another great day. It's nice that you guys had time to just relax and enjoy your time instead of rushing to get everything done. I'm curious about the Build-A-Pin. Just wondered how it works.

sgdisney
10-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Just curious about the crowds, it sound like you did not have to wait in many lines, were the crowds at DL about like WDW this time of year? Your reports have me green with envy tongue.gif , it sounds like a dream trip so far, looking forward to the final chapters!

ChipDale
10-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Melanie - the Build-A-Pin is really neat. You pick a character (I think they were $2 each) and choose a background ($6.50 each) and the Cast Member welds them together for you. They're really cute! Some of the backgrounds could hold 2 characters, but most hold only one.

Sandy - Monday thru Thursday wasn't crowded at all. That's one reason I like to go this time of year. I'll put up with lots of ride closures (refurbs) as opposed to heavier crowds. Friday thru Sunday is a different story. smile.gif

TiggerRPh
10-15-2002, 11:00 PM
I love your reports Jane...and you didn't let me down!!

Another wonderful day at Disneyland!

Thanks Jane!

graemlins/mickey.gif

MauiMouse
10-16-2002, 08:06 AM
Sounds like another very relaxing and enjoyable day. graemlins/mickey.gif

Dopeysfriend
10-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Thanks for another wonderful report, Janie! graemlins/mickey.gif

And thanks too for my pin! graemlins/muscles.gif It's super cute! (Melanie, these pins are really neat. The background Jane picked for mine is the Disnelyand Sign and it has a raised Dopey pressed into the front of it.) graemlins/thumbsup.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
10-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Another awesome report, Janie. I love how you relax and take in all of the wonderful entertainment that Disney has to offer.

Dizneyana
10-19-2002, 12:25 AM
What a fun day... Multiple Billies shows!! graemlins/clappy.gif

Doesn't get better than that!! ;)

Thanks for my pin too, Janie!! Mine is also a build a pin with the Disneyland sign, and a raised Mickey in the middle... graemlins/mickey.gif

You did SO great in picking ALL my pins!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif