View Full Version : Coast to Coast Disney Trip - Day One

ChipDale
10-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Cast of Characters:

Jane (aka ChipDale)
Ron (my husband)

Trip Dates:

Wednesday, September 18 – Monday, September 30

Background - this trip was to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. A few days before we left we were in a car accident and I got pretty banged up and had to wear a sling the entire time (= no thrill rides for me :( ).

Day One, Wednesday, September 18

Up at 2:30am. My Dad picked us up at 4:15am. Made it to the airport and checked in quickly with no problems for our 7:00am flight. Even had time to check e-mail and Intercot at the Red Carpet Club. Very smooth flight – we landed early in Orlando where Ed (TiggTigg5) was waiting for us right outside of security! graemlins/muscles.gif We chatted with him for a few minutes before heading down to pick up our luggage. Our luggage came out very quickly, then we went straight to National’s Emerald Aisle where we picked out our rental car and we’re on our way to the Polynesian Resort!

It was great to see everything so green. When I was there in May the grass was so brown. We got to the Polynesian in no time at all. Check in was quick and very pleasant. I forgot to write down the name of the CM who checked us in but he was extremely helpful and gave us a room in Tokelau as I requested. Our room was ready (Room 2907, 2nd floor) so we headed over there then called for our bags. After our bags were delivered, we went over to the Kona Café for lunch. Susan was our server and was very pleasant. Ron had the chicken soup and the Asian noodle bowl and a couple of Bass ales. I had the Pan Asian Chicken Pasta and a couple of beers. Everything was delicious as always. graemlins/tasty.gif After lunch, we hopped on the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom so we could activate our annual passes. This took just a couple of minutes, so while we were over there we decided to pop into the park. We checked out the Disney Gallery store in Town Square and walked up Main Street. We didn’t stay long because I wanted to unpack and do some ironing and shower before meeting our honeymooning friends Niki (Intercot name Lucille ) and Sean for dinner. When we got back to our room, there was a huge red rose with leaves and baby's breath in a vase and Magic Moments Certificate congratulating us on our anniversary! smile.gif

While I ironed and unpacked, Ron did a couple of hours of work. After showering, we drove over to the Wilderness Lodge to pick up Niki and Sean. We had dinner reservations at the Teppanyaki Dining Rooms in Japan. We got to Japan about a half hour before our PS, so we enjoyed a drink in the Matsu No Ma Lounge first. It was fun because the hostesses in there recognized Niki and Sean who had been in there earlier in the week. graemlins/smokin.gif

We had a great dinner! For appetizers, we ordered edamame and California Rolls. Both were very tasty. For entrees, Ron & I had the Tonosama (beef tenderloin and chicken) and Niki and Sean had the Fujiyama (beef and shrimp). Everything was really yummy and our chef was funny. After dinner, we drove over to Pleasure Island. We checked out the animation store where Niki and Sean bought some gifts, then headed into the Adventurers Club. A show was just beginning in the library, so we opted to stay out in the Salon. After getting our drinks, they announced an activity in the Mask Room, so we sat down on the comfy couches in there and enjoyed the Masks’ jokes and banter with Sunny the Maid. After the masks were done, we sat out in the Salon where Babylonia came to life and was looking for some guards. She chose Tony from England. This was especially funny because Niki and Sean had met Tony and his wife several times during previous week. After Babylonia’s guards were inducted, we all went into the library for the Radio-a-thon. That show was really cute. After that we did the treasure room, then the Cabaret show in the library with Samantha Sterling. This show was hilarious – the woman who plays Samantha Sterling is very funny and talented. After the Cabaret, it was time for new member induction. This is always lots of fun. We sang the club song and did the pledge. The Colonel came to life and was hilarious. I was disappointed that we didn’t get to sing the Beer Song though. The characters mingled for a while in the Salon before they announced the final show of the evening, Hoopla! This show was a lot of fun too. We left Pleasure Island after that and dropped Niki and Sean back at the Wilderness Lodge. Once back at the Polynesian, we hit the sack immediately because we had to be up early for our Train Tour tomorrow morning and we had been up for almost 24 hours. graemlins/sleepin.gif

Dizneyana
10-07-2002, 07:31 PM
WHAT?!?! graemlins/doubleeek.gif No beer song?? For shame!! graemlins/nono.gif

Sounds like you had a great time, and you got to start it all off by meeting Ed!! graemlins/clappy.gif

It was nice that you got to hook up with Niki and Sean too!!

I really blew it this year when I was asked what I wanted for our anniversary, didn’t I?? :(

I’ll remember for next time.. :D

Thanks for a great first day, Janie!! Can’t wait for more!!

Mmmmm.. edamame.. I know what I want for dinner!! graemlins/tasty.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
10-07-2002, 09:29 PM
What a wonderful Flordia Greeting ---- ED! graemlins/thumbsup.gif How cool is that!?

Sounds like a great evening, Janie! I cannot wait to hear more. --- smile.gif

imported_Melanears
10-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Sounds like a great start Jane. I'm sorry about the car accident. What a bummer! :( We've got to try the Adventurer's Club next time. Sounds like fun!!

sgdisney
10-07-2002, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the aches and pains that go along with a car wreck didn't slow you down. Sounds like a great start, can't wait to hear more!

singermom4
10-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Wow! I can't believe you packed so much into a day that started so early! Must be the rush of Disney adrenaline that kept you going! graemlins/mickey.gif

MauiMouse
10-08-2002, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately I know that feeling about car accidents, but I am glad that you'll be okay.

What a great start to your anniversary. Onto read about day two. graemlins/mickey.gif

KronksGal
10-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a busy but enjoyable first day! I loved the Polynesian too!

Nana
10-08-2002, 06:40 PM
I am impressed! Even banged up, you packed more into a day than I sometimes can pack in a week.
Congratulations. Looking forward now to day 2. I am going to be exhausted by the end. :D

harlowandthemermaid
10-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Sorry I'm a little late graemlins/blush.gif I'm sorry to hear about the accident.....I'm sure you enjoyed your trip anyway! Lunch at the Kona Cafe, that's a great way to start your trip graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Lucille
10-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Boy was that day fun!! smile.gif We'll have to do it again sometime!!! smile.gif

TiggerRPh
10-13-2002, 11:10 PM
I'm late getting to these but it sure sounds like you had a very long but fun first day.

graemlins/mickey.gif

Dopeysfriend
10-15-2002, 10:05 AM
I'm late too, Ray. graemlins/blush.gif

Sounds like a great start to your trip, Janie! graemlins/muscles.gif Teppanyaki & Adventurer's Club sounds like the perfect night to me! graemlins/thumbsup.gif