zarfman
10-20-2002, 06:53 PM
Looking for experiences/feedback about
L&M Rental Cars at MCO.

Thanks
graemlins/muscles.gif

SteveL
10-20-2002, 10:20 PM
We have never used L&M so we don't have first hand experience. I try to stick with one of the big companies, with numerous locations, in case there is a problem with the car. Perhaps some of the other Intercotees will speak up about L&M.

Beast_fanatic
10-20-2002, 11:37 PM
I haven't ever used L&M, but I've researched this question several times. The only feedback that I've ever really found is that the car return is more difficult than with the other companies that are located at the airport as you must go to the rental counter rather than being able to check-out in the parking garage.

Hope this helps a bit! :D

sainter
10-21-2002, 04:22 PM
HI,
I have asked about this company twice in the last few months. I got a great rate and would feel better if I heard from someone who used them. There MUST be someone who has !!!
12 more days!! I can hardly stand the wait!!

heathriel
10-21-2002, 10:53 PM
I've used L&M twice so far and have my reservation set for my trip in 14 days smile.gif

The cars are fine, but things to look out for:

They do NOT accept debit/check cards. They take cash deposits if you leave your plane ticket and passport with them (no passport, no cash deposit).

Your name on your license must match exactly the name on your credit card. If its off by so much as a middle initial, you can't use the card.

If you have a Florida driver's license, they get mad and limit your daily mileage allowance. Out of state license is unlimited mileage.

If you're going to decline insurance, you better have your proof of insurance card ready for them to photocopy. Saying your credit card covers it isn't good enough for the car nazis at the desk.

Other than that, they're cool. It depends on the time of day whether you need to check out at the counter or if you can do it in the garage. Early morning (5am) I had to check in at the counter, but at 3pm I was able to check the car back in through the guy in the garage. They share a kiosk in the garage with another car rental company.

Be glad you got such a great rate; I got $178 with all taxes for 9 days. The second best rate I found was $7 less and 2 miles off airport, which tacks on an extra hour for check in and out. Using L&M is much more convenient and not at all stressful if you know the information I've just listed.

[ October 21, 2002, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: heathriel ]

zarfman
10-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Great info thanks.

I have been quoted an INCREDIBLE rate over XMAS
and wanted some feedback.