PDA

View Full Version : Laptops at Disney Resorts

mickeefan
08-27-2002, 08:33 PM
I was wondering what those of you who take a laptop with them do when you leave your room. I have always hid mine in my suitcase with some cloths and never had a problem.Has anyone ever had a problem with their laptop?

WDWCP Spring99
08-27-2002, 09:59 PM
No, I've never had a problem...I usually do the same as you and tuck it into my suitcase. But, I've even left it out in the open (although, not a good idea) and never had a problem.

Fangorn
08-27-2002, 11:33 PM
I too, have never had a problem with my laptop. Usually, I tuck it away in a drawer under the socks and underwear ;) A time or two I've been rushed and left it out in plain sight accidentally. I don't recommend doing that, even at Disney.

pearlieq
08-27-2002, 11:46 PM
If you have a very valuable laptop or store very sensitive information you can invest $20 in a cable lock for your laptop. It affixes to the back of your laptop and then you would just lock the free end of the cable around a fixed object in the room. A thief would have to break open the case of your laptop to get it loose, which would pretty much ruin the machine.

Have a great time!

Tom Roughley
08-27-2002, 11:58 PM
Even though this may sound crazy. I never locked mine away just put it in the case and never had a problem with it at all.

ChipDale
08-28-2002, 12:00 AM
We have never had a problem with ours either. We usually put it in its case and store it in the closet.

MNNHFLTX
08-28-2002, 10:04 AM
My husband is studying for his MBA has brought his laptop quite a few times to WDW resorts. He also just puts it in his case and then in one of the suitcases in the closet. It's always worked out fine.

Donald_Quackers
08-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Although I haven't taken my laptop to Disney(yet) most, if not all laptops now made have what are called kensington security holes in them. They work with key locked cables that make it difficult to remove. You would secure one end to an immovable(or difficult to move) object and the other end goes into a port on the laptop. There are also alarms that will put off a high-pitched noise if someone tries to take it.

Hope this helps!

[ August 28, 2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Donald_Quackers ]