PDA

View Full Version : The Neverland Club

Miss Tilly
08-21-2002, 04:47 AM
Can anyone tell me about this kids club. I know that it's at the Polynesian and it's $8 an hour but did your kids enjoy it there.

Also, how far in advance do you have to book it?

Emma

MickeyMom
08-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Hang on to your hats. I'm going to move this to vacation planning so that you get a better response. graemlins/mickey.gif

Snow White 007
08-21-2002, 02:58 PM
My child went to the Neverland Club one night this spring while we dined at the California Grill. He had a ball (and so did we!). It was a first time we had used Disney Child Care and I must say we were pleased. The Club needs refurbished IMHO. It's not dirty - just a bit worn. The Staff at the Club were outstanding. They were VERY good about interacting with the kids and keeping them entertained. They had a buffett dinner available with lots of kids favorites. A movie plays on a big screen all night (it changes..). There are games galore, crafts, toys, the newest playstations, and a room of arcade games. I think it was a bargain for dinner, sitting services and unlimited arcade games. They do make the kids leave the games for some activities and for a snack at one point - so they do encourage them to take a break from the games.

They also make you sign a waiver, leave a location where you will be, and give you a pager. The same parent that signed the kid(s) in must sign them out. There's also a secured entrance into the club. When you pick your child up, they have a small gift for each child (a nice surprise!) We spent some time at drop off/pick up and felt really good about the quality of care. Of course, it was slow season. My understanding is they can really pack the kids into the club. It's quite large. (Of course, they also staff it appropriately). My child was happy to be with some other children for a while - and we were happy to have some adult time. It's a real perk, to me, that Disney offers this option in the evenings. (FYI - it may be available even if you are staying offsite).

shepherdgirl
08-21-2002, 04:25 PM
We took our kids to the Neverland club almost 2 years ago in September when they were 4. They had a great time and have asked to go back again on almost every trip. We haven't taken them back only because it is a bit on the expensive side, but I think you get your money's worth.

By the way, they did not want to leave when we came back to pick them up!

[ August 21, 2002, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: shepherdgirl ]

imported_PolyGirl40
08-21-2002, 08:58 PM
I did not find the center to be the least bit worn. You can see recent pictures of The Neverland Club by clicking my house icon.

Fibro
08-22-2002, 06:01 PM
I read somewhere that there is a three hour minimum for the chilcare services. Just wondering if someone could confirm this for me? thanx

imported_PolyGirl40
08-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Fibro:
I read somewhere that there is a three hour minimum for the chilcare services. Just wondering if someone could confirm this for me? thanxThe neverland Club does have a 3 hr minimum policy. However, it varies at each facility. You can read all about the special requirements on the Resort & In Room Daycare/Babysitting Page, (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp) found in Info Central.

valjane
08-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Well, this might not count for much, but I actually had an evening at the Neverland club when I was a child (mind you, this was in the early 80s, maybe even late 70s). I have vague memories of enjoying myself there-- but my parents claimed I loved it so much I didn't want to leave when they came to pick me up! :D