PDA

View Full Version : What's the best address to use for MapQuest?

Bruce William Taylor
07-24-2002, 02:15 AM
I'm trying to generate driving directions from
Largo, FL (but I'm driving from CT).

I don't want to end up at the corporate
headquarters, a hotel, or golf course, etc.

What's the best address to use to get to the
Magic Kingdom?

Freetime
07-24-2002, 06:37 AM
graemlins/clappy.gif Let me be the first to welcome you to INTERCOT graemlins/clappy.gif

You will find all kinds of helpful folks here!

Including ME!!! :cool:

Using Mapquest you first select "Driving Directions". Then select Amusement Parks under the "Places of Interest" box. Enter "Orlando" in the City, "FL" for state and hit the "Get Directions" button.

This brings up a list of amusement parks in the Orlando area. Select D for Disney or W for Walt disney World and put a dot in the radio button.

There you go!! You've selected the Disney portion of your driving directions.

Tony graemlins/idea.gif

[ July 24, 2002, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Freetime ]

imported_PolyGirl40
07-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the Boards. --- smile.gif

I'm going to transfer this over to the Vacation Planning forum for you.

imvicky1999
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
My recommendation: DO NOT USE MAPQUEST graemlins/shakehead.gif . I have useD it several times along with members of my family and friends. If you are lucky you will get to your destination going in the opposite direction and then back the way you should go. Or you end up completely the wrong way. I have heard that AAA has good direction, (but I am not sure, you might have to be a member). If you get directions using mapquest, double check them. They don't seem to like to give you the most direct route. And sometimes they have you going the wrong way, which happened to me and I was only traveling 25 min. away. GOOD LUCK!!! :D

wdwfan
07-24-2002, 05:36 PM
WOW! :eek: My husband travels and we always use mapquest. We have never been given bad directions (using mq over 5 yrs) They have always been exact.

GrandFlo
07-24-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by imvicky1999:
My recommendation: DO NOT USE MAPQUEST graemlins/shakehead.gif . I have useD it several times along with members of my family and friends. If you are lucky you will get to your destination going in the opposite direction and then back the way you should go. Or you end up completely the wrong way. I have heard that AAA has good direction, (but I am not sure, you might have to be a member). If you get directions using mapquest, double check them. They don't seem to like to give you the most direct route. And sometimes they have you going the wrong way, which happened to me and I was only traveling 25 min. away. GOOD LUCK!!! :D I agree 100% AAA has the best and most direct directions.

Kaxtell
07-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Don't go there -- Don't use MAPQuest. We have NEVER received the proper directions from MAPQuest. We live in the Napa Valley -- to get to Santa Rosa from St. Helena all you need do is go over the mountain (Petrified Forest Road) -- about a 40 minute drive. MAPQuest has you going south (instead of north) and takes you ona 2 1/2 hour excusion.

Use a map -- go to your local AAA and they will be happy to provide you with one or whatever you need. Or you can get on their website and get a trip kit (?). We took our last big driving trip with their maps. Never a problem.

Good luck and safe driving. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

201 more days until graemlins/mickey.gif

Bruce William Taylor
07-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Thank you all for your assistance and advice.

I hear what you're saying about MapQuest. In fact,
MapQuest directs me to either of two locations:

* 220 Celebration Place in Kissimmee, which I
presume to be some administrative office.

* Dopey Drive #W105 in Orlando near Lake Buena
Vista, in the middle of several golf courses.

On the other hand, I did once use MapQuest to
drive through the center of New York City,
directly to Battery Park (to visit the Statue of
Liberty and the World Trade Center). Considering
both NYC and the nature of MapQuest, I regarded
this as something of a miracle.

I'll take your advice and use AAA (I'm already
a member).

The list of exits at...
Found at the DisneyClubs web site
... seems helpful.

I'll look for Exits 25, 26, & 27 on I-4 East.

[ July 25, 2002, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Bruce William Taylor ]

Freetime
07-25-2002, 05:55 AM
I'm a AAA member, I used to be an Over-the-Road Truck Driver and I use Mapquest then and now.

I trust mapquest. I also trust AAA. If you are not an AAA member then by all means use MapQuest.

If you make multiple stops on your mapquest route plan, you will get an even better output. As far as accuracy, I have NEVER been misled by Mapquest, EVEN going down to individual buildings within an industrial complex.

Tony