PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Cruise Add-Ons

faline
06-30-2002, 05:42 PM
We're hoping to do the Fireworks cruise on our next trip. There a several different add-ons (but nothing they can send me in writing).

First add-on - sandwiches, sodas and snacks
Second add-on - the above plus dessert, fruit & cheese
Third - the above plus decorations
Fourth - Champagne, wine or beer

I have several questions about this.
Has anyone done any of the add-ons?
What did you do?
Was it worth it?
Can you mix and match what you add on?
What sort of sandwiches and/or desserts are available?

I know the cruise lasts about an hour. During that time, do you really have enough time to partake of sandwiches plus dessert?

Beast_fanatic
07-01-2002, 10:44 AM
faline,

I did a search on this topic and couldn't find any references to anyone partaking of these add-ons. :(

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Faline, not sure this will help you or not. Warning it is long.

In 99 we planned a long trip (17 days) and went all out. I arranged for an Illuminations Cruise & MK Fireworks Cruise, both were to include champagne & food. Was told to contact food services upon arrive for food choices. At that time you could have a regular cruise, a party cruise, snack cruise or champagne cruise. I understand it is done differently now.

When we arrived at the Contemporary Tower Club I checked with concierge as to who I was to call. Illuminations boat would be from Yacht Club & MK Fireworks boat would be from the Poly. The CM checked on my reservations (PS #'s) and they weren't there! :eek: I started to cry as everything had been planned ahead of time one was for my daughter's birthday the other for our anniversary. :(

Concierge pulled some serious strings and arranged everything for us at no charge! graemlins/mickey.gif They asked what I would like for snacks. I mentioned perhaps some fruit & cheese, mini sandwiches and maybe a few desserts. Champagne for us, and a few sodas for the kids.

The Poly was up first . . .got to the boat in plenty of time and they couldn't find the food. graemlins/shakehead.gif The marina manager took off to find it. After 1/2 hour a cart showed up with a monsterous amount of food. graemlins/blush.gif Once loaded on the boat the marina manager showed up with another serious amount of food! graemlins/doubleeek.gif He said put it on the boat and enjoy. There were two huge platters of assorted sliced fruits, assorted cheeses, & crackers. Mini hot appetizers with dips. Huge tray with all sorts of mini desert pastries, a platter of cookies and another tray with a cake. About a case of assorted sodas & juices and two bottles of champagne.

There was no way five of us could eat that much. They told us to take it all back to the resort with us . . .we took a small tray of assorted goodies and told the boat drivers to enjoy the rest!

As for the Yacht Club food it was incredible! A beautiful cheese platter (12 different varieties) with assorted crackers, a huge platter of sliced fresh fruit, a huge platter of veggies w/ dip, olives, pickles, etc. Platter with 6 different types of tini sandwiches (crust cut off ;) ). For dessert they took a huge mirror and swirled a decoration out of melted chocolate prior to displaying desserts. There were all sorts of mini desserts and chocolate covered strawberries. Soda, juice, champagne was also served complete with crystal. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

harperwi
07-01-2002, 12:28 PM
By the way, just so you know, you are allowed to bring some things with you on the boat. Food and drinks are allowed (though I doubt they'd appreciate you bringing two cheese & fruit trays onboard if you made them yourself!) graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/tasty.gif

Still, factor in the costs (there are some sites that will estimate the cost for the add-ons for you), and decide if it's worth the price for some food you could also get elsewhere.

If you're doing the 9:00 Illuminations Cruise, I'd bet that you're beyond dinner time (for most stomachs anyway). That's why we're only planning on bringing our resort mugs with us on our cruise!

Jon

TheInventor'sDaughter
07-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Officially, you cannot bring your own food and drinks.

However, I'm sure the boat captain would not be upset by a few snacks or drinks from "home." Just like snacks for the parks -- don't overdo it!!

smile.gif - Vaneta

Bouncy
07-02-2002, 12:45 PM
You may want to check into whether or not you can take food/drinks on the boat. We've done both the Illumniations cruise and the MK Fireworks cruise several times, and we call inadvance to ask them to provide glasses for us to bring our own champange. They always say yes, without hesitation.... But as with all Disney policies, I'm sure this is "subject to change without notice...."