PDA

View Full Version : Laminating Disney Tickets ???

AmazonHunter
06-09-2002, 09:50 AM
I have my 5 day hopper tickets. For what they cost I would expect more than a thin piece of paper.
Has anyone tried laminating them before they went on their trip. I can do this easily but I was wondering if it would effect the readers that reads the bar codes on them.
...12 days and counting...

LebelJD
06-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Don't do it! The machine that scans the ticket when you enter the park reads the magnetic stripe that's on the back. Don't worry about the tickets, they seem to hold up pretty well - just don't get them wet. We use a zip-lock bag to keep stuff dry when going on water rides.

imported_PolyGirl40
06-09-2002, 11:24 AM
Where did you get your tickets? They are plastic at the Disney Store and on-site.

MNNHFLTX
06-09-2002, 11:52 AM
We always get the Florida Resident Annual Pass and it, too, is just the thin paper kind (well, thinner than poster board, anyway). They hold up fairly well, but sometimes get demagnetized. If the tickets get demagnatized or they start to wear out, you just get them replaced at Guest Services at any of the parks. Just always have your photo ID with you.

If you get one of the lanyards or plastic tickets sleeves, that also helps to protect the tickets.

Katzateer
06-09-2002, 11:59 AM
I keep mine in the little folder (envelope)they ususally give you when you buy the tickets. Then put them in a little ziplock bag. Our tickets have always been paper and hold up well. We usually have them for two trips (I buy a park hopper and use a few days each trip) so they have lasted over a year without ripping or getting messed up.

AndrewJackson
06-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT LAMINATE them. The lamination will lot allow the readers to read the magnetic strip. That strip has to make direct contact with a mechanism in the reader.

Do your best to keep them dry. We have a couple that are 1 1/2 yrs old, and they are still in pretty good shape. We always keep them in the sleeve that they come in also, just for a little extra protection.

AmazonHunter
06-09-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the input everybody.
I bought my tickets at a travel agency near my work in Maryland. It was the best price I could get.
I will definately "NOT" laminate them.