PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty Experience Transportation

faline
06-02-2002, 06:41 PM
I'm about to book the Richard Petty driving experience for my DH and DDF for our fall trip. I spoke with the Richard Petty folks once before and as I understand it, once it's booked there is no backing out. There are two driving experiences per day - the first one at 8:00 a.m.; the second in the afternoon (2:30 I think). Both DH and DDF have said the morning would probably be better as it will be cooler and they don't mind getting up early to do this.

Previously, folks indicated that they could get transportation to the track from the lost and found building at the TTC. However, will they be able to get to the track by 8:00 a.m. using DW transportation? We'll be staying at WL.

imported_PolyGirl40
06-03-2002, 07:42 AM
I sent smoke signals for help fielding this question. Hopefully it's not too cloudy and Ron will be here soon. --- smile.gif

Piglet822
06-03-2002, 02:33 PM
Carol, if I remember correctly Ron is up the East Coast somewhere. I don't think he's got his computer with him. I'll see if DH knows. Just got to remember to ask him.

WDWdriver
06-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Piglet822:
Carol, if I remember correctly Ron is up the East Coast somewhere. I don't think he's got his computer with him. Of COURSE I have my computer with me, Jeanne. I just can't get online as often as I would like here in Bar Harbor!

Faline, I haven't done this, but I don't think it will be a problem. The buses from Settlement Depot in FW start running to the TTC at 7:00 a.m. They stop at WL on the way. So getting to the TTC on time should not be a problem. I would call the Petty Experience in advance, perhaps the day before, to let them know you will be looking for a ride from the TTC Lost and Found area.

Have a great time at WDW!

faline
06-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Thanks so much for the help!

ttfn2u2
06-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Faline.... would you mind me asking what the cost of doing this is? I have been thinking about setting it up for my boyfriend during our trip but have yet to call them (and I'm still surprised there isn't more information online somewhere).

I'd love any additional information you could give us on what the different "experiences" are and the costs.

Thanks so much... and have a wonderful trip to WDW!!

Nancy graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

faline
06-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Nancy, there are a number of different Richard Petty experiences. The most basic offered is a Ride Along Experience. As implied, you don't get to drive and this costs around $100. The Rookie Experience, which is what DH and DDF (both Nascar fans) want to do, lasts three hours. As I understand from someone else who has done it, part of this time is instructional. Each "rookie" then gets to drive a race car for 8 laps around the track. You can get a picture in full race gear. This experience is around $350 per person. There are other, even more expensive options as well.

Once booked, the money is paid and there is essentially no backing out. If the weather is bad and can't be done, they will try to rebook while you are there or will give you a certificate so that you can rebook within a year. If you need to change your reservation to another day, they will charge you $75 if you make the change more than 30 days in advance. If you try to change within 30 days, you forfeit your money.

KR
06-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Hello. The prices listed in "Walt Disney World for Couples" 2002-03 are: Ride-along $90(no res. required), Rookie(8 laps) $330, Winston(2 x 8 laps) $700. Hope this helps. I'd love to do the Rookie experience, but it's not in the budget. Honeymoon Sept 2-9

Womble
06-07-2002, 07:20 AM
I have done the ride along at WDW and Daytona. I would recommend trying to get down to Daytona. It is one awesome track plus you get free entry into the Daytona Experience.
I’m currently trying to talk my wife into letting me do the Rookie experience. If you could let me know how it goes and what the experience is like it would be much appreciated.