PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive/Free things to do

mkymws
07-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Hello everyone

just thought I would ask if anyone has any suggestions on what we as a family (2 adults, 8 yr old girl & 2 yr old girl) can do that is either inexpensive (tight budget with the exchange on CDN funds), or free to enjoy.

We have been many times to WDW & always find something new to do, but other family suggestions are always helpful. We love to cruise the Boardwalk & downtown DIsney. We are staying at either ASM or CBR.

We are surfing web sites & discussion boards & always looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance
(only about 70 weeks(480+ days)to go)
graemlins/muscles.gif HaPpY dAnCe
tim

"If no one laughs at your vision...it isn't big enough!"

mkymws
07-10-2002, 02:27 PM
PS
Forgot to mention we are looking for stuff to do on sight. Last trip we did Titanic...it was interesting. We will be doing some shopping (Belz for the Disney disount store, etc.).

Thanks Again.

tim graemlins/mickey.gif

MaryburkS
07-10-2002, 02:41 PM
We always like to go check out resorts other than the one we are staying at. There's always a wealth of things to do at Disney resorts. It's fun to wander the grounds, or look in the shops; just take it all in. We usually end up eating there too. That's actually one of my favorite night time activities. And...(unless you buy something or go to a restaurant) it's free! smile.gif

DisneyTeen
07-10-2002, 02:47 PM
its not at WDW, but walk down international drive.
Go to Point Orlando and walk around there.
See if a shutle is going off and go see that at KSC

Bouncy
07-10-2002, 03:05 PM
There's a big, long thread about this somewhere on these boards.... I thought the subject was "Is there anything to do for free?", but when I tried to search for it, I didn't see it. You may want to check the Intercot archives for this information. There are ALOT more free things to see/do than you would imagine. I'll keep looking for the post and if I find it I'll post a link.

In the meantime, the thoughts that come to mind are: resort hopping, disney transportation, Ice Station Cool (inside Epcot), Electrical Water Pagent... hummmmm, I'm thinking..... I'll get back to you with more as I remember them... :D

mkymws
07-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Thanks folks I will keep my eyes pealed on your suggestions.

The last time we were down we saw the shuttle launch...we didn't go down to Kennedy, but we saw the plume of smoke above the tree line form CBR.

I will check out the archives as well.

tim graemlins/mickey.gif

Nana
07-10-2002, 03:28 PM
We really enjoyed the campgrounds at Fort Wilderness. There is a hay ride, petting zoo, and pony rides. All of these are very inexpensive. Also, there is a campfire and movie that is free unless you want to have hot dogs or smores on the campfire. You sit out on benches and there is a HUGE screen where movies are shown. Also, Chip and Dale show up before the movie and sing songs with the kids.

WVDisneyFan
07-10-2002, 03:47 PM
I agree! Try the Campfire sing and movie at Fort Wilderness. It is a lot of fun and very relaxing.
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

EmisDisneyMom
07-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Fort Wilderness Campground is a great idea. How about taking the boat transportations to the different resorts or parks. There is a free tour of the Wilderness Lodge I am not sure if it just for guest staying there or if it is for anyone interested. In the tour they help you find hidden Mickeys and the kids LOVE that. Go to the Caribbean Beach Resort and buy coconut postcards (postcards made out of reall coconuts) and have them write something cute and send them home so the card will be waiting for your return home. Take a day to do nothing but tour the resorts. Check out the lobbies, gift shops, and a stroll around the each property checking out the beaches and playgrounds.