PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty...

motherhamv
07-13-2002, 11:03 PM
I remember a couple months ago, I asked about the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Someone gave me a web site to go to, and my DH lost it. Can you give it to me again?? Thanks

delarosa
07-13-2002, 11:47 PM
The official website is Richard Petty Driving Experience (http://www.1800bepetty.com)

motherhamv
07-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Thanks. So my next question would be, what is the best time to go and just see people drive around the track?? Will they just let you in there to do this??

delarosa
07-14-2002, 10:49 AM
I believe you can just go in and watch. There is a class schedule listed on the website. As far as I can tell, they race everyday. I can let you know more details in September, when my dad surprises my brother with the King's experience. I know there is a small area for viewing, and there are no concessions or anything.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
07-14-2002, 11:01 AM
Hi!
My dad did the RPDE at WDW in Feb. It was a lot of fun. He had the first session of the day. He and my mom had to get there pretty early, then there was a lot of instruction, at least a couple of hours! We arrived later to watch him drive and we had to wait about an hour before it was his turn. If you would like to go and watch I would call ahead to see approx. when they would actually start driving. While we were there they offered the ride-along experience at a reduced rate, so you might want to consider doing that.