PDA

View Full Version : last minute packing panic

cloud9
06-24-2002, 09:56 AM
Gaaah! we leave on wednesday and I'm freaking out. Every couple minutes I keep remembering something I forgot to pack, or need to do. For instance I just posted something in the water cooler and didn't remember to pack my tigger ears until I saw my signature! :eek:

Anyone have any last minute suggestions for things people forget to bring?

marlyn
06-24-2002, 10:01 AM
Relax!!! You can always buy something if you forget it.
As long as you have the important things like...tickets, itinerary, camera, guide book, etc you'll be OK. I find that when I'm planning, I have a list. As it is packed, it gets crossed off the list.

harperwi
06-24-2002, 10:38 AM
I always make a long list of things to bring on any vacation, then I simply add or remove things that are/aren't needed for the specific type of vacation I'm taking. For our upcoming trip I've got these things listed. Maybe this will help you decide if you've forgotten any of the "basics." (I don't have "tigger ears" on the list, so I'm glad you thought of that yourself!) smile.gif

Aloe, Beach Ball, Beach Towel, Binoculars, Book, Bug Spray, Camera, Camera Bag, Car Insurance, Car Rental Info, Cash, CD, CD Player, Checkbook, Cologne, Contact Lenses/Case, Coupons, Debit Card, Deodorant, Directions, Disney Club Card, Driver's License, Film, First Aid Supplies, Floss, Foot Soaks, Games (for airplane), Glasses, Guest of Honor Badges, Headphones, Health Insurance Card, Hotel Confirmations, Maps, Menus, Mini-Mickey, Moleskin, Mouthwash, Mugs (refillable), Phone Card, Plane Tickets, Razor/recharger, Saline, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Swimsuits, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Travel Alarm Clock, Visa, Walkie-Talkies, Wallet, Watch, Water Shoes, Ziploc Bags (for waterproofing camera!)

*whew!* It's even alphabetical! Of course, I didn't include "clothes" for the most part, as I'm pretty sure you'll remember that! smile.gif

Hope this helps trigger your memory.
Jon

Katmegali
06-24-2002, 10:45 AM
I would write a list of what you want to bring and add to it as you remember more. Then right before you go check off the items to make sure you didn't forget anything.

Have a GREAT Trip

Munch
06-24-2002, 11:20 AM
graemlins/nono.gif panic-ing allowed. The only things you absolutely, positively can't leave home with out:
</font> Prescription meds for all parties </font> driver's license or other id </font> credit and/or debit card </font> airline tickets </font> transpo vouchers or confirmation </font> hotel confirmation </font> tickets/passes for the parks </font>Anything else you can do without or get there.

Imiss20kleagues
06-24-2002, 11:46 AM
Heres one that my parents actually forgot when I was a kid: CLOTHES!!!! They actually left our clothes at home. When my dad opened the trunk to the car, it was like oh no OH NO!!! My mom thought my dad was having a heart attack. I was only 7 at the time, I'm 33 now, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. But on a more positve note, we all did get new wardrobes while we were there. smile.gif

Beast_fanatic
06-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Intercot's Info Central has a suggested packing list (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/whattopack.asp) that might help you remember a few items.

The things that I seem to forget are band-aids, small bottles for carrying Advil, etc. to the parks, and batteries.

Have fun and try to relax! ;)

DisneyGoddess
06-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Imiss20kleagues - I laughed out loud when I read your post about forgetting clothes! My co-workers heard me and came into my office to see what was so funny! graemlins/rotfl.gif

What a great story! graemlins/clappy.gif
Do your parents look back and laugh too? graemlins/silly.gif

disneymomw_3boys
06-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Do not forget your underwear..... graemlins/rotfl.gif

lovewalt
06-24-2002, 05:01 PM
I just wanted to add that if you are flying, you should make sure all "must haves" such as perscription meds. should be in your carry-on bag. It also is a good idea to have a complete change of clothes and your toothbrush in the carry on too.

cloud9
06-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Thank's all for your advice. I'm in the final 24 hours now but the panic is getting better.

I have my list made. It's not as impressive as harperwi's alphabetical one but it works. There's a big check next to the clothes and especially the underware graemlins/rotfl.gif