PDA

View Full Version : Flag Family

wdwindy
10-26-2001, 05:29 PM
How do you get to be the Flag Family at WL? My wife and I would love this. Also I read one place you get to keep the flag. Is that true?

------------------
Going Nov 30th Port Orleans

EvaBryan
10-26-2001, 06:16 PM
I don't know about getting to keep the flag but I am pretty sure that they give you a certificate.

Being picked as the flag family is first come, first served when you check in to the WL - you just have to ask! Depending upon if there is a waiting list (ie. too many families asked) you will be given a date to participate.

We are going to try to do this in December. Hope I can drag Bryan out of bed early enough to raise the flag! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

Eva

------------------
We're going to Disney World!!!!!

December 7 - 18, 2001
First Anniversary Trip
Sheraton Vistana Villages and Wilderness Lodge

bradleysnana
10-27-2001, 08:00 AM
I am going to move this over to vacation planning where you will receive more responses.
Good luck Eva!

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex and Dustin
Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

We stand united in remembering the victims of terrorism

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

LottaLubes
10-27-2001, 01:13 PM
I've always heard that the flag family brings the flag down in the evening. Maybe there are two flag families each day (morning and evening).

------------------
We go on... to the joy and through the tears
We go on... to discover new frontiers
Moving on... with the courage of the years
We go on... moving forward now as one
We go on... with a spirit born to run
Moving on... with each rising sun to a new day...

tltcats
10-27-2001, 10:08 PM
We were the flag family a year ago March. We simply went straight to the concierge desk as soon as we checked in and asked if we could be the flag family sometime during our stay.

One word of caution - it takes FOREVER. They tell you to plan for 20 minutes, and I suppose it depends on which park ranger you get, but the one we got wanted to talk and talk and talk and talk and wanted us to practice wrapping the ropes for the flags over and over and over again (I understand the need for getting it right, but it was like she was trying to make it into a major attraction) we actually wound up missing a priority seating because it took about an hour and 20 minutes. That said, it was a neat thing to do. The view is fantastic, and it's fun to put up the flags. (You actually put up a Mickey flag, a WL flag, and a U.S. flag.) You do NOT get to keep the flag, but you do get a certificate and they gave us a free 5x7 photo of the inside of the WL.

------------------
Disney Trips:
(WL) March 2000 - When I fell in love with the "magic"!!
(GF) December 2000 - Perfect for a Christmas nut!
(CS) March 2001 (A lucky fluke - a conference I "HAVE" to attend!!)
(GF) December 2001 (Planned)

apollo
10-31-2001, 12:47 PM
hello we just got back form disney sunday.We stayed at the WL and did the flag thing in the am We had Stan he was great.It took us about 20 minutes. You don't get to keep flag and you get a 8x10 piece of paper that you can frame.By the way Stan is retiring soon.So wish him well.

------------------