PDA

View Full Version : are the pools heated?

benton
10-22-2001, 05:46 PM
Anyone know if the pools at the resorts, boat, water parks are heated? We are going Nov 10th - 18th and the night low average is 58. Thats a little chilly, wanted to know if the pools are heated. Thanks

------------------

Mickeylover
10-22-2001, 07:25 PM
The pools are heated...I must say, though that as for my family, our warm Southern blood doesn't take too well at bathing, even in a heated pool, when the temp is below 60. I know many of you guys think nothing of it...we're just wimps when it comes to cold, but I can tour a park in the heat of the summer at high noon...so I guess there are a few advantages!

------------------
"...children, of course are the most honest of all." Walt Disney

July, 1986 Offsite
September 1994 All Star Sports
May 1999 Offsite
May 2000 Hilton WDW/DXL
June 2001 AKL/Beach Club

And not being able to pass up a bargain...December 21-26 at Hard Rock Hotel and Courtyard Marriott Downtown Disney (Thank goodness I've got a support group!!!)

TheInventor'sDaughter
10-22-2001, 10:06 PM
The pools are heated, and as a former Floridian and current Ohioan, I understand your desire to go swimming even at a cool temp. I have to admit I would probably jump in with you -- I miss the pool!

BUT, I have to admit that the pool at Fort Wilderness by the cabins was so cold in April that I couldn't stand it. I don't think it was heated, or if it was, the heater was broken (and as a result the pool was empty). But every other pool I've been in at Disney was heated just fine.

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW; March 2002, Pop Century ???? NOT! ???

We go on...to the joy and through the tears
We go on...to discover new frontiers
Moving on...with the courage of the years
We go on...moving forward now as one
We go on...with a spirit born to run
Moving on...with each rising sun to a new day...

WDWdriver
10-23-2001, 09:09 AM
The water at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach is also heated.

------------------
Ron

spiceypj
10-23-2001, 10:57 AM
I generally go swimming at WDW in December, so I don't think you will have problems. All of the pools are heated and if there is a problem call maintence (housekeeping) they can't fix what they don't know is broken. I love WDW swimming in December, all the pools here are already closed.

------------------

onemouse
10-23-2001, 12:57 PM
If Disney continues the trend of cut backs
(ie. EE days, hours, employees etc.) they might next consider shutting off the pool heaters. Hope you make before then. LOL

oooops, I hope they aren't reading this now and getting any ideas! LOL

------------------
61-01 Disneyland (too many to list-used to live a block away)
84 WDW/offsight
12/01 CBR and AS sports

“Penny for a gumball Mickey? Thanks for the gumball!”

mattjs
10-23-2001, 04:55 PM
Always found them heated and plenty warm regardless of the air temperature.

------------------

goofgal
10-23-2001, 04:59 PM
Just have a big, warm towel nearby when you get out http://www.intercot.com/boards/biggrin.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/biggrin.gif Nothing like coming out of a nice, warm pool into mid-50 degree weather! http://www.intercot.com/boards/sarcblink.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/sarcblink.gif

------------------
Karen

benton
10-26-2001, 05:37 PM
Thanks all. I jumped in my pool today (northen, ca)the air temp was 81 and pool temp was 60. That was a very chilling experience. I hope I get to go to the water park when I am there. My wife and I went to blizzard beach in sept of 1999 and it was great fun. Im down to 14 days so wish me luck. I will let you guys know if the pools are still heated when I get back.

------------------

TheInventor'sDaughter
10-26-2001, 10:28 PM
I am down to 14 days too.

You will have no problem going swimming in mid November. I guess I thought you were going in January or something. You don't even have to worry about it. It will be plenty warm for you to swim, unless it's extra cloudy and rainy one day or something.

I don't know about you, but these last 14 days are either going to go so slowly that I can't stand it, or they are going to go so quickly that I am going to feel totally unorganized!!!! I can't wait to get there!!!

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW; March 2002, AS Music

We go on...to the joy and through the tears
We go on...to discover new frontiers
Moving on...with the courage of the years
We go on...moving forward now as one
We go on...with a spirit born to run
Moving on...with each rising sun to a new day...