PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP - What Fun!

faline
12-27-2001, 01:02 PM
Day Seven - Two adults, no children.

After suffering a terrible head cold over the past few days, I've gotten a decent night's sleep and feel better when I wake. I even feel hungry!

We had PS for CG for this evening but we won't be able to do that as we switched our MVMCP tickets from the original night until tonight. Besides, this is a dinner I'd really want to feel terrific for and enjoy. May need to do on another trip so I call and cancel the PS.

We head over to the GF Cafe. I want Eggs Benedict. They're great but I fill quickly and don't finish.

Satisfied, we're off to EPCOT. Security is not even interested in looking at my fanny pack and waves us through.

First stop - The Land where we ride LWTL. We walk over to TT and pick up a FP (This will be first trip we ever get more than one ride on this during the same trip).

We spend some time at the Living Seas. I miss that little ride, short as it was. For some reason, there appears to be far fewer fish in the tanks than I remember from previous visits. Don't think I saw even one shark. We watch the manatees for a bit, than the porpoise.

Back to TT, FP in hand. We're loaded in our car, the third one set to go on the track when the ride goes down. Fortunately, it's only down for a few minutes and we're quickly on our way (or is it on our way, quickly?). We then take in HISTA.

Surprise, I'm hungry again but still not quite sure of my appetite so we settle on Yakitori House in Japan. This is the first time we've eaten there. It's a lovely spot and the ood is quite good.

After lunch, we wander through Italy and Germany, then return to the American Adventure for the 2:30 show.

Decide to head back to WL to rest up for tonight's party - MVMCP.

Prior to the party's start, we take a boat from WL to to Contemporary and stop in the Outer Rim lounge for drinks and a nibble (onion rings).

We walk from the Contemporary to MK.

MVMCP is great! We had so much fun! Thanks again to the great CM who changed our tickets from Tuesday night to Thursday for us!

We arrive at Cindy's castle just in time to catch the Celebrate the Season show. This show is new since the last party we attended (three years earlier). The crowds are not heavy - the event has clearly not been sold out. There are far fewer people here than there had been at other times we've been.

When this show is over, we get to the Diamond Horseshoe Revue just in time for the Wild West Christmas show. This, however, is standing room only. We find a spot on the second floor that has a good view. The show is kind of corny, but good fun and we're soon clapping and stomping along with everyone else.

We watch the 8:15 parade from Frontierland (It's never before been a possibility to get a good spot for the first showing of this parade - not and see the shows as well. We're not front row but have an adequate view.) The parade is good but we'll line a better viewing spot for the second parade.

Parade over, we head over to Fantasyland, have our picture taken, and get our MVMCP pins.

Stake out a spot on Main Street for the 9:15 fireworks. What fun!

We head on over to Cosmic Ray's for burgers and fries and, on the way, I see a shooting star (I had heard there would be a meteor shower that evening). How's that for magic?

Around 10, we make our way back to Main Street and find a great spot along the curb about mid-way down the street for the 10:45 parade. Lots of folks are already leaving. This parade starts at the train station and moves toward the castle. It's so pretty, seeing the floats coming along Main Street, while it's snowing, and with the big tree in the background! What I didn't notice in the first parade but noticed this time around was how much the bake shop float smells like gingerbread!

I also got a bunch of chances to see the wooden soldiers - my favorites!

Once the second parade is over, we take the boat back to WL. On the boat on the way back, both DH and I each get to see a shooting star!

We're tired, but happy!

dlpmikki
12-27-2001, 03:03 PM
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy MVMCP - did you wish on the shooting stars?

faline
12-28-2001, 07:43 AM
graemlins/mickey.gif Sure did!! Now I just have to wait for my dreams to come true!! graemlins/mickey.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
12-28-2001, 12:41 PM
I'm so glad you're feeling better. What a wonderful evening.

Another great report! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ChipDale
12-28-2001, 01:14 PM
Glad that you're feeling better today! Mickey's Christmas Party sounds like loads of fun. smile.gif