PDA

View Full Version : Firework Cruises

tink13
10-16-2001, 05:18 PM
I have heard that we can rent a boat to view the MK fireworks...does anyone have any more to share about this?? We have three adults and two children (2&5) going in February and I can't think of a better way to experience "the magic"....BUT...I don't have too much information on the whole thing. Like, can we choose how close we get to see the fireworks?...What kind of food is available if we want to spring for dinner?...What beverages -if any- are included?...I guess I just need information and suggestions (i.e. is worth it for me and so on).
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

------------------
~Dreamin' of Disney in Detroit~

bradleysnana
10-16-2001, 08:31 PM
I do not know alot about the boat cruises but it sounds like something I would love to do. I am going to move this to vacation planning where you may receive a response and answer to your questions.
Good luck. I look forward to the answers, too

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex and Dustin
Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

We stand united in remembering the victims of terrorism

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

spiceypj
10-17-2001, 11:32 AM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/cruises.asp

see the site - the fireworks at the Mk don't happen every night - however the illuiminations at Epcot do.

------------------

mattjs
10-17-2001, 12:08 PM
Highly recommend the MK fireworks cruise. As said above though, fireworks are not every night at MK so be sure when you make your reservation that they get you booked for a night when the MK fireworks are on

They take you on a nice private cruise around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. Then, right before the fireworks you pull up and drift in front of MK for an incredible view of The Castle and the show. Great view from the boat cause the colors really sparkle off the water.

After the fireworks you get a front row seat for the Electric Water Parade and then you're dropped wherever (of the MK resorts) you'd like. Doesn't matter where you meet the boat. You are dropped off at the MK area resort of your choice. I think the whole thing The whole thing was about an hour and a half.

They leave from all of the MK area resorts and the easiest dinner option is to eat wherever you're going to meet the boat.

When we did this we had dinner at Narcoosees over at GF and then met the boat right around the corner from the restaurant at the GF marina. It was a great night to say the least http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif

We were staying at WL so we got dropped off at the docks over there. Very convenient.

As far as food and beveradges go, they'll pretty much do whatever you want. Birthday cakes, baloons, soda, beer, Champagne, wine, snacks, desserts. Or (like we ended up doing), you can just grab a few beers or some wine from the game room/food court type area at GF (which is right by the docks).

We had a great time. Again, highly recommended!

------------------

Bouncy
10-19-2001, 06:25 PM
here's another vote "for" the fireworks cruises... they are wonderful.

On the nights they don't have the fireworks the cruises are called "moonlight" cruises. They last about an hour, and cost ~$90. Any food or drinks you get are extra, and you can make arrangements when you book the cruise. Or, you can take a bottle of whatever you want and request that they have glasses for you to use. We've done this several times, and they don't charge for the glasses.

Officially (to the best of my knowledge) the moonlight/fireworks cruises don't include the Water Pagent, but every time we've taken one we've seen the pagent...

We usually do it the first day we arrive or the night before we leave. It's a great way to get your vacation started, or to go out with a bang.

Also, all of the "captains" we've had so far have been wonderful...

------------------
Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!