PDA

View Full Version : What to do on our last morning?

mtk23
10-14-2001, 02:41 AM
I'm going to WDW from December 14-20 (can't wait!), and I won't have to be at the airport until 4:30 at the earliest on our last day. Any suggestions on what we can do on our last morning? For every other trip, our departing flight was earlier than noon and we never had the option to do anything. I'll have park hoppers instead of unlimited magic passes, so I don't really want to spend the money to enter one of the parks for just a few hours. We'll be staying at the AS Movies and using shuttle service rather than renting a car. Can you check out and leave your bags at the hotel for a few hours before leaving, similar to when you check in early? I really don't want to get to the Orlando airport 6 hours before the flight leaves!

I've been online for a while planning this trip and listening to Intercot radio, and getting totally psyched! There's nothing like hearing the music and sounds from WDW to put you in the WDW mood. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------
TTFN...ta ta for now

7/81 off-site
8/88 off-site
7/95 All Star Music
4/00 Caribbean Beach
3/01 All Star Movies

Rhetoric2000
10-14-2001, 03:42 AM
I would check out and leave your bags with the hotel security. (All the resorts allow you to do this) I would then head to Downtown and do last minute souvenier hunting. I would probably grab a light bite to eat somewhere casual before heading back to the resort to collect my bags. Once I had started the journey home I would start making plans for my next trip.
Have a great time!!!

------------------

disneydeb
10-14-2001, 10:59 AM
Would a Character Breakfast or Lunch be in order for that day? How about hopping around to other resorts to see where you would like to stay in the future!? Shopping is always a wonderful idea!
Have a Disney Day! http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif
šOš Deb šOš

------------------
as my five year old gets off Space Mountain, "THAT WAS THE BEST ONE YET!"

Toughbug
10-15-2001, 12:04 PM
I agree with DisneyDeb. A character breakfast like the one at Chef Mickey's would be the perfect end to a trip. Check out of your hotel and store your luggage at the hotel and throw in a trip over to Downtown Disney and the World of Disney shop and a late snack then head out.

This is what I would suggest and probably what I would do.

Have a great trip!!!!!!

------------------
We go on...to the joy and through the tears
We go on...to discover new frontiers
Moving on...with the courage of the years
We go on...moving forward now as one
We go on...with a spirit born to run
Moving on...with each rising sun to a new day...

Americans are asking "What is expected of us?"
I ask you to live your lives and HUG YOUR CHILDREN.
George W. Bush, 9/20/01

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Figment!
10-15-2001, 12:36 PM
I am going to second DownTown Disney and maybe grab a bite to eat at the Rainforest Cafe, it is a really cool place if you haven't been there. Ir for something on a smaller scale I was really impressed by the McDonalds in DTD. It was actually like a Disnefied McDonalds. NOt that it had anything to do with disney, but for instance it had a suspended Happy Meal assembly line moving over head of the line area, and stuff like that. It also seemed to have a lot of stuff that was being tested before sent to others or had been dropped by other franchises(at least the ones around me). Just have a fun day and make sure you get your hearts content of Disney stuff to take back with you!!!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
"A mind once stretched by a new Idea never regains its original dimensions"

100 Years of Magic, a Lifetime of Memories, a Legacy to last an Eternity

Pd844
10-15-2001, 12:46 PM
You could also spend some time at the hotel pool. I dont think they will toss you off the gounds. As mentioned this is a good time to hit the other resort hotels or downtown disney. You could even take in an early movie if you wanted to.

------------------
(Phil)

6/75 --- Off site (just a young lad)
10/86 --- Off site
11/87 --- Off site
11/88 --- Off site
11/89 --- Off site
12/90 --- Off site
10/91 --- Contemporary Resort
11/93 --- Off site
5/95 --- Honeymoon-- Villa at the Disney Inst.
9/97 --- Fall Fantasy Bunglows at the Disney Inst.
11/01 --- CR & POR

LOVE THE STARS.....LONG LIVE THE STARS!!!!

DoloresSusan
10-15-2001, 07:52 PM
We're planning the only "real" breakfast of our trip (not in the room) and then we're heading out to play at Fantasia Gardens miniature golf.

------------------

Try to Live the Disney Magic Every Day--Even in the "Real World"!