PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay for adults?

wifeofprincecharming
10-14-2001, 03:17 PM
My husband and I will be going to WDW for the first time without the kids. I was wondering if it would be all right for me to get an autograph book and have the characters sign it for me. I don't want to stand in the way of any little ones who might want autographs, but after years of being the parent I was wondering if maybe it would be okay for me to be a bit childish! Those of you in the know could you please let me know how the characters feel about this. Thank-you.

------------------

EvaBryan
10-14-2001, 03:25 PM
We are child-less and participate in all sorts of childish behaviors!

I say - go fot it! http://www.intercot.com/boards/biggrin.gif

Any autograph that is properly waited for (i.e. standing in line without cutting, being rude, etc.) is worthy. We often get autographs and bring them home to little ones we know in New York. Often the best places to get an autograph (and a photo!) is at the character meals - no lines!

Have a great time and remember WDW is for every age - take it from me - I ride Goofy's Barnstormer!!!

Eva

53 days 16 hours till WDW! http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------

ghp918
10-14-2001, 03:51 PM
Hey, I did it when we went in September... so long ago... Just wait in line and always carry it with you, you'll find characters in all different places. We Saw Chip and Dale, Timon, King Louie and Baloo in the lobby of Animal Kingdom Lodge, Goofy in the lobby of the Grand Floridian, and Dopey and Friar Tuck in the camera shop/picture pick-up place in the Magic Kingdom. As well as characters in the usual places. We would also let the little kids go first. It was fun to watch their interactions and the partents were grateful we let their kids go first. We even offered to take picture for people, and don't be afraid to ask them to return the favor. Also the CM accompanying the character will often offer to take a pic of the two of you together with the character. Have a great time!

------------------
1983 (Off-site)
1986 (Off-site
1989 (Caribbean Beach)
1997 (Disney Village)
04/01 (Port Orleans French Quarter)
06/01 Disneyland
9/14-9/22 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, and Wilderness Lodge!!!
Next Trip...
Sometime before 9/14/02 ;)

Jared
10-14-2001, 08:12 PM
Definitely, no one will think you are weird or anything. WDW is supposed to turn you into a kid again, so no behavior is too childish. Have a great time!!

------------------
-Jared
BEWARE OF THE ZOOGS

1/91- 3 years old- Off Site
1/96- 8 years old- Port Orleans
2/00- 12 years old- Off Site
2/01- 13 years old- Off Site
Projected WDW Trips: 5/01 and 12/01 :)

Figment!
10-15-2001, 10:22 AM
Perfectly Fine, at WDW you are only as old as you feel.

------------------
"A mind once stretched by a new Idea never regains its original dimensions"

100 Years of Magic, a Lifetime of Memories, a Legacy to last an Eternity

danpaine
10-15-2001, 12:14 PM
I always say that WDW is the only place where an adult can wear "mouse ears" and not look like an idiot.

Go for it!

------------------
Working in Trenton, daydreaming about a certain Florida resort.

"There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew." - Marshall McLuhan

Port Orleans - 1992.
Port Orleans - 1997.
Boardwalk - 1999.
Wilderness Lodge - 2001.
Next trip - WL Villas/Bdwk Villas - Aug. 2002.
DVC Owners at the Wilderness Lodge Villas - 8/01

mjstaceyuofm
10-15-2001, 12:29 PM
Absolutely GO FOR IT!

------------------
MATT

-DVC Member since '96-
-Always in need of a Splash Mountain fix-
-Entirely too long until my next visit in Oct. 2003-

Pd844
10-15-2001, 02:16 PM
If dont you will feel like you are missing out. We did that on our last trip and at first I was bit shy about doing it. Towards the end of the trip I was hunting down the different characters and getting excited when a new one was spotted. Have a good time.

------------------
(Phil)

6/75 --- Off site (just a young lad)
10/86 --- Off site
11/87 --- Off site
11/88 --- Off site
11/89 --- Off site
12/90 --- Off site
10/91 --- Contemporary Resort
11/93 --- Off site
5/95 --- Honeymoon-- Villa at the Disney Inst.
9/97 --- Fall Fantasy Bunglows at the Disney Inst.
11/01 --- CR & POR

LOVE THE STARS.....LONG LIVE THE STARS!!!!

jokat
10-15-2001, 06:02 PM
Yes its okay! Do it! Never go home wishing you had done something you thought others might look down on.(as long as its good clean fun)

------------------
"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

wifeofprincecharming
10-15-2001, 07:02 PM
Thank-you all! I can't wait to find an autograpgh book and get started. Thanks for the idea about the photos of my husband and I together with the characters. Usually one of us is taking the photos and rarely do we get a memory with both of us in the same picture. We are going to have a blast!!!!

------------------