PDA

View Full Version : How far is MGM from Epcot?

becky201
10-04-2001, 04:53 PM
I was wondering how far MGM is from Epcot? I am wanting to have a very late lunch like 3:30 pm at Epcot and then maybe go to MGM for the Osborne lights?? I am so confused on travel time and how to travel using Disney transportation? We are staying at the Poly and I want to eat everywhere and do not know how the travel between parks etc. will go? Becky

------------------

Ginmouse
10-04-2001, 05:05 PM
I've never ridden the bus from EPCOT to MGM but I'm pretty sure you could leave one park, get on a bus, and be at the other park in 5-10 minutes. The 2 parks are in very close proximity of one another.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.---Groucho Marx

And remember............that way you'll never forget!

Former Jungle Cruise Skipper, Spring 2001

SteveL
10-04-2001, 06:21 PM
You could even walk from one to the other in about 15-20 minutes.

------------------
SteveL
Intercot Staff Member
[email protected]

PeterPan
10-04-2001, 07:14 PM
Have you studied a map? This would help your confusion immensely.

The Disney/MGM Studios are SOUTH of Epcot - not very far, maybe about a 10 minute bus ride. BUT figure in WALKING to the front of Epcot and out to the left to where the busses pick you up. If you are dining in WS, it can be quite a walk!

Also, please be advised that bus transportation is not NEARLY as confusing as it would be in a large city. There just aren't THAT many busses running and THAT many destinations. It is really like a very FINE bus system in a very small town.

If you want to go from Epcot to the Disney/MGM Studios, you can either catch a BUS at the front of Epcot, OR (this may take a little longer, but much more interesting) walk out of Epcot thru the International Gateway (right beside France in WS) to the Boat Launch at the Yacht Club/Beach Club. A special designated boat will take you to the Studios.

Another option (if you are up to walking) is to walk out of Epcot thru the International Gateway, and then WALK to the Studios via a new path they have created near the Boardwalk Resort.

If you are confused about how to get from one place to another ASK A CM - especially the transportation guys - they always have a good route to follow.

------------------
"I want Disneyland to be most of all a happy place..."

Disneywarrior
10-05-2001, 09:48 AM
The WDW bus system does not take guest from park to park so you would have to take the bus to a resort hotel then catch the bus to MGM. Looking at the proximity of the parks resort, and wait times it would take approximately 20-30 minutes.

------------------
Por Favor mentaganse allejado de las puertas!
--WDW Monorail

When hinges creek in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker, when the air is deathly still. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
--Ghost Host, HM

bradleysnana
10-05-2001, 09:55 AM
There is a boat from the World Showcase entrance at Epcot to the MGM. Takes about 15-20 minutes. You can also walk from the World Showcase entrance to MGM or even walk to one of the resorts and catch the bus from there.
There are some parks where the buses take you from park to park instead of having to go to the resort. I have used them several times from AK to MK and AK to MGM. However, since there is a boat from Epcot to MGM, I am not sure if there is bus service.

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex and Dustin
Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

We stand united in remembering the victims of terrorism

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)