PDA

View Full Version : AAA "Diamond" Lots

TheInventor'sDaughter
08-31-2001, 01:55 PM
Where are the AAA Diamond parking lots at the theme parks? Do they fill up fast? Are they really that convenient?

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW

JPL
08-31-2001, 06:05 PM
I'm popping this over to Vacation Planning

You might get a better response there

------------------
Jeff (aka JPL)
Intercot Staff:
Theme Parks/Characters
[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Narcoossee'sFan
09-01-2001, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the answer to this question. I had been wondering myself and called all around AAA Orlando trying to get an answer. No one seemed to know. Please post if you happen to find out anything about this lot. Thanks.

------------------
Valerie <><
Coming up: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on October 18th! Can't wait!

PolyGirl40
09-01-2001, 10:54 AM
I do not know where the lots are located, but the AAA Hospitality Center is located on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom.

I'm sure they can help you and/or answer any questions you may have.

http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Carol, aka PolyGirl40
INTERCOT (http://www.intercot.com/default.asp) Staff Member
[email protected]

"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Planning a trip to Central Florida? Let Ibex Towncar (http://www.ibextowncar.com/) meet you at the airport!

Click Here For A Disney Vacation Quote (http://www.kingdommagictravel.com/)

Crow
09-01-2001, 11:11 AM
a few trips ago I asked about AAA parking as i entered the MK lot & they told me which way to go. It seems to be closer like at the handicap area. At the time it wasnt that busy so didnt really need it.
I dont know if there is AAA parking at the other parks. Maybe a call to AAA in Orlando or WDW can help.

------------------
several trips as kid.
twice w wives (offsite & Diz village) 86? & 96
alone ASM 99
next trip Sept 01. CBR,POR & Swan

TheInventor'sDaughter
09-02-2001, 07:22 PM
According to all the AAA websites, the following is a benefit of buying your WDW passes through AAA:

- AAA Preferred Parking. AAA travel clients receive preferred parking near the front entrance to each major theme park in specially designated AAA Diamond Lots.

So, it seems like they are at all the theme parks. I guess most of us use WDW transportation, so we have never cared, but in November, we are planning to drive one day to Animal Kingdom. If there's a lot there that gives me a shorter walk with my little ones, I just might go for it.

Anybody?????

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW

Dom154
09-02-2001, 08:47 PM
The AK AAA lot is really close to the entrance ,at least it was last year, it isn't really marked but it is near the handicap parking lot.At MGM they let you have the first spot in the row so you are right at the pickup point for the tram.Epcot and MK are near the handicap parking.MK seems to be the lot that has an actual sign for the AAA lot. Hope this helps.

------------------

Victor Kelly
09-03-2001, 12:13 PM
I just bought my 5 day park hoppers from AAA. Sometimes membership does have it's perks. I am not sure I am going to use the pass though. I like riding on the trams to the entrance. I think it is part of the whole WDW experience.

------------------
ºoº Is it time to go back yet?

It all started with a Mouse

wdwimages
09-03-2001, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Victor Kelly:
I just bought my 5 day park hoppers from AAA. Sometimes membership does have it's perks. I am not sure I am going to use the pass though. I like riding on the trams to the entrance. I think it is part of the whole WDW experience.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it a one time pass or cover a certain time frame?

I'll be at WDW for 13 days Dec/Jan. I didn't book it through AAA but I am a AAA Plus member. I'm gonna try to get the pass from them, but if they won't just give it to me, I'd like to know if the pass I'd get from them for buying a 1 day ticket would cover me for 13 days.

But then again, if you're really not going to use it, let me know, cause I'd use it in December lol

------------------
—Craig
WDWImages.Com (http://www.wdwimages.com)

Christmas 2001 - All-Star Movies
March 2001 - Off Site
2000 - All-Star Music
1997 - Off Site
1989 - Off Site
1986 - Polynesian
1981 - Polynesian

Dallas_Lady
09-04-2001, 12:00 PM
Do you still have to pay the same parking rate? I am a AAA member and I had not heard of this. Do I have to show my card?

------------------
1st trip- July 1997 (Offsite)
Honeymoon- May 2002 (LBV)

Dom154
09-04-2001, 12:19 PM
The pass is good for the whole time you will be there I don't even think there's exp. date on it.I think you can only get it if you purchase your passes at the AAA offices and the AAA office near me only sells 4,5,and 6 day passes.They may give you one if you ask for it. You still have to pay full parking rates.

------------------

Narcoossee'sFan
09-04-2001, 05:14 PM
Just to confirm what Dom said, I finally found someone at AAA who knew about these lots. I have Annual Passes which I purchased from WDW directly. According to the location in GA I spoke with, even if I am a AAA member, I cannot receive these passes unless I book my trip or purchase my park tickets thorough AAA. http://www.intercot.com/boards/blue.gif I think the Disney card gives better discounts than AAA in most cases, so I guess I will be walking or taking the tram in Oct.!

------------------
Valerie &lt;&gt;&lt;
Coming up: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on October 18th! Can't wait!

Dom154
09-04-2001, 05:34 PM
I just checked the prices and the DC card discount is more than the AAA card,before when it was the MKC the AAA dicount was better.

AAA only offers the 4 and 5 day hopper and the 6 day hopper plus.They also offer passes for Universal and Sea World.I always use AAA at Universal restaurants and stores because you recieve 10% in the park and Citywalk.

------------------

Bouncy
09-04-2001, 05:37 PM
FYI, these lots fill up, and once they're filled, you're outta luck, even if you have the pass. We tried to use ours the last time we were there. We got to the park around 10:30am during slow season, and we were out of luck. They were polite, but they firmly explained that there are only a "few" AAA spaces available and they fill up fast...

------------------
Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!