PDA

View Full Version : park closed due to capacity

ToraTory
08-29-2001, 04:47 PM
Greetings,

I've read that the parks will close when full to capacity and this happens early in the day during the Christmas and NewYear holidays. But I also heard that if you are staying at a WDW Resort that you are guaranteed admission to the parks? Is this true?

For example, if I have an ultimate park hopper ticket but leave the park for a nap, then will I be able to re-enter later even if the park is full (this is esp. important to me on New Years Eve as we want to leave around 4pm and return around 8pm).

Any help is most appreciated. thanks --tory

------------------
Disney Rules!!!

Oct '01 - Dolphin and Animal Kingdom
Dec '01 - Coronado Springs
July '00 - Port Orleans
May '94 - Fort Wilderness Homes
June '92 - Caribbean Resort
July '71-76 - Grandmom's House :)

Altair
08-29-2001, 06:26 PM
We talked to a CM at the TTC gate to the monorails, and he mentioned that. Don't expect to get back in if you leave the park on New Year's eve. He was saying MK was so crowded that night it took till 4 or 5 AM to get everyone out.

------------------
"Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on."

Yeardley
08-29-2001, 08:52 PM
If you re-enter the park at 8:00p.m. don't expect to get anywhere near the railing for the midnight fireworks. We were there in '99-'00 and we staked our claim at 3:00. It's not as bad as it seems. We had a blanket to sit on, a backpack filled with goodies, a small cooler with goodies, deck of cards.... We'd leave a few at a time to go off and do something, but after about 7:30 you could not walk at all around the promenade because of the crowd. Surprisingly the time really flew by. I think it was because of the excitement in the air and so much to see and watch happening. I'd recommend you go prepared for a very long day. It's fun, you'll be too caught up in the excitement to be tired. The fireworks show, which ran from 11:40 to 12:10, was unbelievable. More than we could have imagined.

------------------

WDWdriver
08-29-2001, 09:13 PM
When the parks are nearing capacity, they implement a shutdown in two phases. First they close the parking lot and turn away those not staying in official Disney resorts. Then, if the crowds continue to grow, they close the turnstiles to everyone. If you leave the park during the day you will probably not be readmitted during a complete shutdown.

Fortunately, this is not an everday occurrance, but on Christmas and New Years Eve this year it is a possibility.

------------------
Ron
Intercot moderator

I'm growing older but not up