PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom..

kjblovesdisney
07-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Is there still a Keys to the KIngdom tour and has anyone here taken it? I read about it both on line and in a guide book and would like some more info. I thought it would be a fun surprise for my sister as a birthday present. She will be turning 40 mid August and this could be my belated B-day present to her. We do have a limited amount of time at Disney...only 4 days Thursday to Sunday (we are going Sept 26-29)but if if anyone here thinks it is worth it I would take the time...Thanks smile.gif

[ July 30, 2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: kjblovesdisney ]

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
07-30-2002, 06:39 PM
We are taking the tour in October. We have heard only good things about this tour. It is about 4 1/2 hrs long. You need photo ID to get into tour, because of hightened security. You cannot take any pictures or video while on the tour. You get to go under MK and get a glimpse of the utilidors.(about 1hr underground). You also get to see the parade and water floats, plus you learn trivia and the history of the MK. Lunch is included at the Columbia Harbor House. (You get a surprize at lunch!) I know what it is, but they said not to tell ;) I am really looking forward to this tour! I hope you have a wonderful time! I bet you will!! :D

kjblovesdisney
07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
Can you make reservations ahead and if so how? :confused:

Beast_fanatic
07-30-2002, 10:27 PM
We took the KttK tour on our May, 2001 trip, and loved it! My DH had always wanted to see the Utilidors (he's an electrician and is always interested in behind the scenes type stuff), plus all the trivia that we learned and the great lunch at Columbia Harbour House, as well as the other behind the scenes things that we saw were all fantastic. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

You can book this tour in advance by calling 407-WDW-TOUR.

Here's a bit more information about the tour:

Keys to the Kingdom:
THE first tour at Walt Disney World covers just about every topic you could ask about while you learn about the 'magic' behind the Magic Kingdom! ($58 including lunch, 5 hours, must be 16, park admission required)

A little more information about the information that Dawn,Denise&Diane provided, we were allowed to take pictures while in the park, but no pictures while "backstage." I don't recall seeing the water floats, but we did see the Spectromagic floats and got some glimpses of the Christmas parade floats (which led us to go back last December :D ). You get to pick what you want to eat and drink at Columbia Harbor House when you sign-in at the tour garden before the tour starts. The food was really good, and you get to eat upstairs in a sectioned off area - the air conditioning felt great! We got to ride the TTA, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. There is a lot of walking involved, but we thought it was great! Have fun! :D

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
07-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Hi again! smile.gif You need to call (407)WDW-TOUR and book it through them. It costs if I remember $58.00. You need to pay for it when you call. You get a discount if you have Disney Club Card. I also paid for it with my Disney Credit Card. graemlins/mickey.gif

kjblovesdisney
07-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the info..... I will definitely call and make the ressies. I do have a Disney Club Card. Thanks for the bonus tip! graemlins/silly.gif

ChipDale
07-30-2002, 11:59 PM
My husband and I just booked this for September. The lady on the phone couldn't have been nicer. You can cancel up to 48 hours in advance, and she told me about 4 times that no cameras or videotaping are allowed and that you must show a photo I.D. when you check in.

I'm really excited - we've been wanting to take this tour for a long time! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

indymom
07-31-2002, 09:09 PM
My parents did this tour a couple of weeks ago while we were there. They enjoyed it although it was a lot of walking. (my dad has arthritis in his knees) My mom talked and talked about it afterwards so I know they enjoyed it. I know they went on POC and HM and ate lunch at Columbia Harbor House. I think my husband and I will do it next time we go. Have fun!

LoriR
08-01-2002, 04:29 PM
I took this tour at the beginning of May, this year, and one thing you might want to know is that you now spend VERY LITTLE time in the utilidors-- about 10 minutes-- and you don't get to see anything down there besides the actual hallways (no glimpses into the costuming areas or anything like that). This is because of heightened security after September 11. We were very disappointed about this, but still liked the tour. I'm not sure I'd want to do it if I had only four days there, though.

kjblovesdisney
08-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Thank you all for everything and all the great info. smile.gif
I decided to talk it over with my sister and we decided that because this is a whirlwind tour graemlins/crazy.gif we would forgo the extra tour. I hope that we can do it another time when we are there longer. We have planned our time really well to get the most out of our "Disney Experience!" :D I would love to hear about both of your tours in September and October. Enjoy!!!

Blaze
08-02-2002, 04:49 AM
count me in on that tour ;) ... Take good care of little sister on your trip. I hope you 2 have a blast!! graemlins/clappy.gif

drosenbe
08-02-2002, 10:30 AM
has any one taken the Wild by design tour in the AK..or the Undiscovered Future World? If so, how do they compare to Keys?

Thanks

bywheel
08-03-2002, 09:22 AM
How is suppose to be a suprise when your sister posts and reads the same boards?!?!?

graemlins/party.gif

Beast_fanatic
08-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by drosenbe:
has any one taken the Wild by design tour in the AK..or the Undiscovered Future World? If so, how do they compare to Keys?

ThanksSorry, I don't have any experience with either of these tours! If you haven't already done so, I suggest you post a new topic with your questions about these tours.