PDA

View Full Version : When to buy park hopper tickets

DW88
07-31-2002, 04:20 PM
I need to start getting serious about my trip to WDW during Thanksgiving because I haven't ordered the park hoppers I need. I won't buy them at McDonald's because I've seen Dateline specials about vacations ruined graemlins/shakehead.gif . Do I need to order them now or later? Should I buy them on the Internet or by phone?

MScott1851
07-31-2002, 04:25 PM
First of all...Hi, Arab..Huntsville here!

I think that we are buying our tickets when we get there so they can be on our room keys...Are you staying on-site or off?

New Yorker
07-31-2002, 04:37 PM
I also have a question in regards to the tickets. I called and paid for 2 Ultimate Park Hopper Tickets two weeks ago and I don't know if I will get them in the mail or when I get to the WL? :confused:
Thank you for your help. smile.gif

DW88
07-31-2002, 04:47 PM
I'm staying at an off-site resort called Silver Lake Resort that is nice, but not disney graemlins/crying.gif graemlins/shakehead.gif . We might stay at Disney in the near future, because I've never stayed on-site before :rolleyes: redface.gif .

DW88
07-31-2002, 04:49 PM
I think NY, that you receive them in the mail, but I'm not 100% sure.Anybody else with some info.

MKPlutoGuy
07-31-2002, 05:39 PM
I think New Yorker, you'll get them in the mail, though you would want to call and confirm that. Do you have any recor of your purchase? Try looking at that, and maybe it'll tell you.

I'm not sure, but I thought only UPH can be put on room cards when bought at the resort, but I may be mistaken.

I'm still not sure what we're going to do when we buy our 5 Day Park Hopper-We have a Disney Store 20 minutes from here, and we can get our Disney Club discount, but we could do the same at the resort too...so many choices.. :rolleyes:

Marker
07-31-2002, 06:07 PM
I would buy the park hoppers as soon as you can, whether you need them yet or not. Remember, unused days never expire, but prices can go up. Though we may not be expecting a price increase between now and then, who really knows.

I typically buy my tickets at the Disney Store, and take advantage of my Disney Club membership for the discount. But then I have a Disney Store about 5 miles from my home.

As for New Yorker's Ultimate Park Hoppers, I'm betting all you'll get in the mail is a confirmation letter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ultimate Park Hoppers are like the old Length of Stay passes and are valid from the time you check in, until the end of the day you check out. Therefore, since they are directly tied to check-in and check-out dates, they'll likely be on your room keys.

angel8783
07-31-2002, 06:17 PM
I ordered six day park hopper passes from disney.com for my August trip. I charged them to credit card and they came in a timely fashion (about 5 days later). I would recomend getting them at least a month if not more before your vacation. My reasoning was that I want to be able to go directly into the park when we arrive plus this way the vacation expenses are spread out among different months to make it easier to pay for. Another good thing about internet buying is that you can print out the proof that you bought them. In case there is a problem you have a tracking number to call Disney with.

Beast_fanatic
07-31-2002, 11:20 PM
DW88 - I recommend using caution buying your park passes over the Internet other than through Disney. Make certain you are dealing with a reputable site before purchasing them this way as there are also many site scams out there. graemlins/nono.gif

Also, I would not suggest buying them off of ebay as those are typically park passes with leftover days on them, or passes received as part of attending a convention. The convention passes usually have an expiration date, so you could end up with passes that expire before your trip. And, technically, Park Hoppers are not transferable, so purchasing park passes that way isn't exactly legal. Also, for the passes with unused days on them, there is no way for you to confirm that what you are purchasing is actually what is left on the pass until you get to Disney. You could end up with completely worthless passes.

Some passes are also available for purchase through the Disney store if you have one near you.

New Yorker - I agree that you'll probably only receive a confirmation letter of your UPH purchase. As stated, they are tied to your room stay, so you will most likely receive your passes on your room key at check-in at the Wilderness Lodge.

And, one general clarification, PH and PHPs can be put on resort room keys if purchased at the resort. This is how we bought our passes last December for the room key convenience and so that we wouldn't have to worry about losing them before we arrived.

Hope this helps a bit! :D

ebaynutkaren
08-01-2002, 09:12 AM
If you buy them at the resort, can you still get your disney club discount?

New Yorker
08-01-2002, 09:27 AM
I just called WDW Reservations. The lady said that since I made the UPH purchase together with my WL reservation, it should arrive in my mail in 4-6 weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I hope to get it in a few weeks. Thank you everyone for all your help!!! smile.gif

MKPlutoGuy
08-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ebaynutkaren:
If you buy them at the resort, can you still get your disney club discount?I believe so, and if you buy your tickets this way, they can be put on your room key, thus saving space in your wallet, and less card to loose! :D

joak
08-01-2002, 11:38 AM
If you buy A PH at the resort and it is put on your key card, what happens if you don't use up all the days?

Joa

DW88
08-01-2002, 01:53 PM
First, I'll not buy the tickets at a seperate website for Orlando theme parks. I am going to buy them at an official Disney website or phone number.Just doing that to have a good feeling when I get to the parks! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/mickey.gif :cool:

Beast_fanatic
08-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ebaynutkaren:
If you buy them at the resort, can you still get your disney club discount?Yes, you definitely can so long as you have your Disney Club card with you at check-in! graemlins/mickey.gif

Originally posted by joak:
If you buy A PH at the resort and it is put on your key card, what happens if you don't use up all the days?

JoaIf you don't use up all the days, the days just stay attached to your room key (you get to keep it). Just have to keep up with it and bring it back on your next visit.

ebaynutkaren
08-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the info. I will wait and purchase them when I check in. We will be staying at All Star Music because the discount code was soooo good! $61 a night. wow.

BBelle331
08-02-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm confused. I didn't think there would be any problem with buying Park Hoppers once we got down there in December. Is there a reason they should be bought and ordered before we go?

Gotta Love the TTA
08-02-2002, 09:24 PM
There is no difference with buying them before you leave or when you get there. It is more a matter of preference.

If you buy them ahead of time:
--you can spread out your payments and not have a huge credit card bill when you get home

--you can straight to the park and go right in--you don't have to wait in line at the gate to buy tickets or check in to your hotel.

If you buy them when you get there:
--you don't have to worry about leaving them at home

--they can be put on your room key if you are staying on-site (this means one less card to carry)

I've done it both ways and it doesn't really matter too much to me.

BBelle331
08-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Ahhh....good idea, the money thing. My husband had already figured that out about our airline tickets I purchased, that they would already be paid for by the time the trip got here! He liked that! So...same for park tickets. Thanks!

dave11735
08-04-2002, 10:00 PM
I like the idea of having the Park Hopper Pass right on the room key.

If you buy it at the resort at check-in, you can use your DC discount and the unused days are good forever (remember to keep the card).