PDA

View Full Version : AKL on first day?

naynay
07-26-2002, 12:21 PM
Instead of staying at the beach 1 night on our way down, i decided to come straight to wdw. We will be arriving aroung 8:00am. We want to do something less stressful, because we will be driving all night. We are thinking of resting in the morning until around 12:00 and then heading over to AKL? graemlins/mickey.gif

EmisDisneyMom
07-26-2002, 02:36 PM
If you are staying on property you can do the bus hop over there. If you are off property then you can't get in. They check all IDs and verify if you are staying there or have PS at one of the restaurants when you pull up in a car. I actually would recommend heading to the Boardwalk area or DTD. The animals are not real active except in the early morning and late evening.

Beast_fanatic
07-26-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by naynay:
Instead of staying at the beach 1 night on our way down, i decided to come straight to wdw. We will be arriving aroung 8:00am. We want to do something less stressful, because we will be driving all night. We are thinking of resting in the morning until around 12:00 and then heading over to AKL? graemlins/mickey.gif I'm not sure where you are planning on resting, but keep in mind that your room may not be ready until late afternoon.

AKL is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Is that what you meant, or did you just mean the Animal Kingdom? If you meant AKL, I think you actually can get in if you tell them you'd just like to view the resort. When it first opened, they were being very strict about access, but it's loosened up somewhat. They'll give you a temporary parking pass that'll likely be good for about 3 hours.

naynay
07-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Sorry, i meant AK. we requested early check in. i hope we can get it. we will need to rest after traveling for 16 hours.

TiggerRPh
07-27-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by early checkin...Disney will allow you into your room as soon as it's available...but since check out is generally 11 AM, unless they have open unused rooms, you won't get in before that.

Flower
07-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Also keep in mind you'll be using a full days admission to only spend a half day at a park, unless you have the length of stay pass, in which case yes, head to a park for the afternoon!

If you do not want to use a full days admission, I agree with checking out Downtown Disney & Marketplace. There are tons of fun things there for the whole family!

Another alternative would be to hotel hop and check out some of the other resorts, rent a water mouse, etc.

Good luck!

naynay
07-27-2002, 05:29 PM
One of my days will be at one of the waterparks, so since i have the park hopper plus, then we won't go to any of the reg. parks that day.

iamaDnut
07-28-2002, 12:14 PM
Hi

As you can see the answer to your question is not an easy one. It would depend on the time of year that you are going and what day of the week that you are arriving. Saturdays are out for early check in. Sundays are better, we have checked in several times on Sundays and have not had to wait for a room. We checked in around 9 - 10 am. If it were me, I would show up and see what time that you could check in, pack a smaller bag with bathing suits and change of clothes, hang out and relax at the new pool until my room was ready, freshen up in my room and then hit Epcot have something to eat and watch Illuminations.

Have fun no matter what you end up doing!

Marc J graemlins/mickey.gif

naynay
07-28-2002, 12:39 PM
Great, we are arriving on a saturday. :rolleyes:

DisneyDudet
07-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Well... when we checked into the Boardwalk at 11 am... there was a room ready for us.. we weren't expect it.. normally we leave our stuff in the car and go to a park.. seeing as we have a length of stay pass... but since u seem to have a PH ... you probably will not be able to go to the park on that day unless u paid for that day.. if u did and are able to go to a park that day, i say Animal Kingdom is the best choice cuz it is a less stressful park... but it also is the hottest due to misters and being almost like a pit

naynay
07-28-2002, 11:06 PM
We have a 6 day park hopper plus pass. But we are going to be in wdw for 7 days. One of the days I am going to go to Blizzard Beach, and stay away from the parks. (just hang around the hotel) We will be okay doing that right? We won't be using one of our days for the parks. Just one of our choices that comes with the 6 day park hopper plus.

Beast_fanatic
07-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Yes, naynay, you'll be fine doing it that way. The previous post confused me too. :confused:

You'll use one Plus feature for the water park and one day off the pass for each day that you visit a park. So, if you go to the parks for 6 days and Blizzard Beach one day and you do not go to Pleasure Island or Typhoon Lagoon, you'll have two remaining Plus features on your passes when you leave.

About the only restriction on the Plus features on your pass is that unlike the park days where you can go to the MK in the morning and Epcot in the evening but still have it only count as one day off your pass, on the Plus features, if you go to Blizzard Beach in the morning and Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, you'd actually use up two of the Plus features. And, the same with park days and features. If you go to AKL during the daytime, that would count as one day off your pass, and if you go to Pleasure Island that same evening, that would count as one feature off your pass. I hope I haven't made it even more confusing for you! graemlins/crazy.gif

naynay
07-29-2002, 06:03 PM
Let me make sure I have this straight. I can go to the 4 main theme parks as much as I want in the & days i will be there. Except for the one day we will not go to any of the main theme parks, just blizzard beach on that day, so I won't use up a day on my 6 day pass. So for six days, i have unlimited park hop passes right?

Beast_fanatic
07-29-2002, 11:16 PM
I think you've got it!

For 6 days, you can hop from park to park to park to your heart's content. :D

The day you do Blizzard Beach, you can go to a park, but it will use up a day of your park hopper in addition to the plus feature you used for Blizzard Beach. So, frequently, on days that people use their plus features, they don't go to any of the four major parks.

naynay
07-30-2002, 12:16 AM
thank you for all your help

Beast_fanatic
07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
No problem naynay! It's what we live for. ;) :D