PDA

View Full Version : When would you go?

Walt
05-10-2002, 04:56 PM
After a very successful and magical trip for our anniversary this past March, I am in progress of planning our next foray to the world. graemlins/clappy.gif We'll be taking the kiddies this go round, so it'll be a little slower go I am sure. graemlins/crazy.gif Kids are 2, 6, and 10, or at least thats aprox age by trip time.

I have 3 different times of year in mind for this trip, given the choices, when would be best? I am counting on you seasoned veterans for input here! graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

Option 1 - August 31st thru September 3rd or 4th 2002
Option 2 - November 14th Thru November 18th 2002
Option 3 - March 7 thru March 11th 2003

Each time frame contains a special day for someone on the trip, and the march trip would coincide with the same time frame in which we traveled this year. Suggestions, tips, other mousebits of information welcome!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FROG0823
05-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Absolutely, without a doubt, November!!! The fall is the best time to go as far as crowds and resort prices. And the weather is usually great...warm days and cool nights...there is something wonderful about watching fireworks with a nice warm cup of coffee...very relaxing way to end the day. The only drawback is shorter park hours, but considering you'd be hard pressed to find much of a wait for any attraction you don't need as much time in the parks. We use the early closings (usually 6 or 7pm) to head back to our resort for some R and R....

Have fun!

graemlins/mickey.gif

TheInventor'sDaughter
05-10-2002, 06:04 PM
No doubt about it -- NOVEMBER!!

Plus, you'll be there during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival -- it is AWESOME!! You can eat and drink your way around the World Showcase! We did it last year and had a blast!

There are NO CROWDS, and you usually have your resort pool practically to yourself. The weather is awesome -- not too hot and not too cold. YOu will love it!

And, you will be there only one week before me, so you can email me some trip reports! LOL!!

smile.gif - Vaneta

tigger1
05-10-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi there its good to see someone else on here from good ole Nebraska graemlins/clappy.gif . I don;t have a answer to your question though because I will be a first timer to the world this month graemlins/muscles.gif !!
Just wanted to say "Hi" though!!

GrandFlo
05-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Another vote for November. graemlins/silly.gif

jac07
05-10-2002, 10:24 PM
November, November, November!

TiggerRPh
05-10-2002, 10:34 PM
November....good weather, good crowds. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Beast_fanatic
05-10-2002, 11:03 PM
I too would choose November as my first choice for the reasons listed above. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

My second choice would be the March dates, so long as they do not coincide with Easter since Spring Break/Easter crowds are quite large. If it doesn't coincide with Easter, the crowds shouldn't be huge, but it would probably be hotter and more humid then than in November.

And, my last choice would be August/September. Crowds are usually down by then, but the heat and humidity are still very high. And, even though there are probably longer hours then than in November or March, you'd need a lot more breaks.

Hope you have fun! :D

ChipnDaleGal
05-11-2002, 10:48 AM
We have gone in November three times, and each time was wonderful. Not much rain, warm days, but not oppressively hot, and the lines are great. We have always gone a little later in November because they put all the Christmas decorations up after Thanksgiving. Then you can enjoy the beauty but not have the Christmas crowds. The best reason to go in November is your younger children. Their stamina will be better that time of year without the heat. You will have fun whenever you go. Good luck and happy planning. smile.gif

[ May 11, 2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: ChipnDaleGal ]

aquaboogie
05-13-2002, 12:06 AM
adding another vote for November! Fall is our favorite time to go. so easy to get on rides, get tables at restaurants, get to see characters, It's not oppressively hot, resort prices are at their lowest :rolleyes: . Just all around a great time of year to go.

PeterPan
05-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Once you go in NOVEMBER, you may never go at any other time of the year! Utterly FANTASTIC!

mickeyd
05-13-2002, 05:23 AM
Walt, looks like you are going in November (if it's up to us here at Intercot)

I vote for November too. Great weather - not too hot not too cold. Few crowds (in fact in my two visits to the world, both in November, I have never waited more than 15 minutes for an attraction) And as others have said, great prices at this time of year too.

I don't think I'd go at any other time.

lesliemomma
05-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Ditto on November, The Food and Wine Fest at Epcot is Great. The weather was beautiful. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

G
05-13-2002, 10:25 AM
Another vote for N ;) ovember

Timbo
05-13-2002, 12:18 PM
I'm with so many others here:

1st choice: November (for many reasons stated above, but especially Food & Wine Fest)
2nd choice: March (nice weather, low crowds)
3rd choice: Aug/Sept (not that bad, but Labor Day weekend can be busy)

Katmegali
05-13-2002, 12:26 PM
I'll go with the crowd on this one too.
November is a definite number one choice.

Next March, but you may be hitting it around Spring Break (crowded) and it does start getting warm and humid that time of year
I wouldn't go at the end of August , crowds may have died down a little but still very hot and humid.

My 3 little ones hated the heat and didn't really want to do anything. We went in April

Niamh
05-13-2002, 01:36 PM
I guess it's already been said but NOVEMBER!!! :D

Victor Kelly
05-16-2002, 01:32 AM
Another vote for November.

I also like January and late October too.