PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys and gals do while waiting in line?

ToTallToSlow
04-22-2002, 05:02 PM
I am wondering what you people here would do to make the line not seem so long? graemlins/mickey.gif

exutlnghrn
04-22-2002, 06:19 PM
If you get in line at Maelstrom behind a woman who is nursing her baby for the world to see like we did several years ago, the wait time seems to fly right by.

disneydaddy911
04-22-2002, 06:44 PM
as opposed to our friend from texas(GO COWBOYS), we people watch, plan our next ride our attraction, enjoy the magic(atmosphere, ambience, scenery, beauty), my favorite thing is to meet new people! my wife and i sneaked off without the kids 18 months ago, and one of our best memories was standing in line @ tot and we met the most beautiful, charming and funny little girl( cant remember her name or where she was from, but she was such a tiny, petite little 12, year old angel and she made our wait as enjoyable as the ride! that is why i dont mind waiting in line @ wdw! :cool: graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

wishiwasthere
04-22-2002, 07:55 PM
1. talk to everyone in line.
2. let DD and DH wait in line, I skip the ride/attraction and go shopping.
3. if we pass an ice cream stand, get an ice cream
4. if we pass a pin booth, buy a new pin.
5. talk to everyone in line, again.

CJDDS
04-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Sometimes, waiting in line is almost as entertaining as the attraction. Disney has, in some cases, really gone overboard to make the wait interesting. Look around next time at the garden and lobby in TOT, or check out the antique equipment while in line at Big Thunder Mt. RR.
graemlins/mickey.gif

cjdive
04-22-2002, 08:41 PM
1. People watching
2. Eating a snack
3. Looking over itinerary
4. Reading a book
5. Looking around at the attraction themeing

Chris graemlins/mickey.gif

goofgal
04-22-2002, 09:35 PM
I usually look around, talk to people and read a book.

Jared
04-22-2002, 10:09 PM
I try to make conversation with the people around me. It's amazing how interesting some people are standing in line near you. graemlins/silly.gif

Janmac
04-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Well, first of all, if you go in early December or January, you don't wait in line. :D

Fast pass helps too.

Our group is several families who haven't seen each other in months, so we visit with each other during those times we do stand in line.

As we have two O.R. techs, 2 marine mechanics, and a wood worker in our group, I sometimes wonder what the folks around us think of our conversations.

Jan

Disney-4-Me
04-23-2002, 12:17 AM
My son and husband play chess with a miniature magnetic chess board. When we arrive at the attraction, they just fold up the board and save the game until the next line.

DisneyScarlie
04-23-2002, 01:34 AM
Disney's waiting areas can be really interesting, like in the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror! So first, I like to look around, and enjoy my surroundings. smile.gif If I get bored doing that, people watching is always fun...this year, I'm going to try and talk to more people, you know, meet folks from different places! Although with my group, I'm sure I'll never have a dull moment. Lastly, I like to take out my map, plan our next move...I'm going to write a trip report this year, so I'll probably be jotting down notes for that. I'm a pretty impatient waiter (one who waits, not one who serves people! ;) ), so maybe I'll figure out a way to put something in my bad to amuse me, if we do get caught in a long line! With fast pass and "low attendence", hopefully, this won't be a problem! :D

imported_Melanears
04-23-2002, 08:16 AM
I love meeting and talking to other people, and this is the best place to do it! smile.gif

samanthastanky
04-23-2002, 08:38 AM
PLAN MY NEXT MEAL! hahaha!!! graemlins/tasty.gif

EmisDisneyMom
04-23-2002, 12:51 PM
My family and I have come up with a game we named "First Sight". We say "Find someone wearing red shorts" and everyone is looking around for someone wearing red shorts. When one of us finally finds someone wearing red shorts then that person picks something else to spot...pig tails, colored socks, painted toenails, talking on a 2way radio, the list is endless but it keeps you busy and not pondering on the time.

Roland
04-23-2002, 02:06 PM
I leave and go to another attraction whose line is not long. I am not one for waiting more than 20 minutes for anything. Except for my wife when she takes 90 minutes to get ready in the morning. :D

disneyismagic
04-23-2002, 02:07 PM
We check out peoples feet! graemlins/crazy.gif We call it "What were they thinking?" We are often amazed at the footwear some people wear for a long day at DW. I know it sounds silly but it does pass the time!

shepherdgirl
04-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Our favorite time of the year to go is in September when the lines are short. Otherwise we use Fast Pass. Eating in line is always fun too.

BuzzdCuzz
04-23-2002, 03:50 PM
When you are at place like any of the Disney parks, it's hard to keep up with time especially for me. I'm just always taking in everything and getting lost in what I see. The beauty and great detail that has gone into these parks, I usually don't pay attention to the lines very much. I don't mind waiting abit in line for a good ride, and I won't cut out of line unless we have someone like my sister who reads signs that say "motion sickness" and runs for cover, then I have to catch her.. lol.. But some interesting things for us to do to pass the time so to speak, talk to people (it is amazing who you can end up talking to), look at people and think about what they are wearing why they picked out those crazy outfits and such, just the beauty of the whole place keeps you occupied, at lease for me it does..

God Bless..

MarkC
04-23-2002, 04:59 PM
Our favorite thing to do in line is play "20 questions". The object has to be a Disney attraction, i.e. ride, show, etc. It makes the time go much faster. The person who guesses correctly gets to choose the next item. The other "game" is to flash people the Valcan spread-finger hand signal. We get either blank stares or a good laugh from Star Trek fans. Mark

Katmegali
04-27-2002, 11:06 AM
We used bubbles. My dh would blow them and the kids would mill aound him. One parent suggested they should hire him as an entertainer. He had a small electric bubble blower.
The girls also had little travel etch sketch pads. I got a pic of Mickey and my oldest drawing on them together. When I had to hold the baby, I pointed things out to her and told her to say hi to everyone. People are very friendly to babies. ;) .
Also, each of the girls had their own little backpack with snacks and juices.

marlyn
04-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Last time we were there we really didn't wait in line (early December), but if I had to I would talk to people and take in everything around me!

Crystal
04-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by disneyismagic:
We check out peoples feet! graemlins/crazy.gif We call it "What were they thinking?" We are often amazed at the footwear some people wear for a long day at DW. I know it sounds silly but it does pass the time!Ya know there's a website dedicated to this. WWW.Badshoe.com (http://WWW.Badshoe.com) graemlins/laughing.gif

[ April 28, 2002, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Crystal ]

marlyn
04-29-2002, 08:33 AM
That badshoe site was awesome! So funny! What were those people thinking??!! graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif
How can anyone survive a day at Disney in those shoes? graemlins/nono.gif