PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Breakfast

ilovemickey33
04-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Question we are staying at Coronado Springs and this is the first trip that we have brakfast priority Seating at another resort Specificaly
Chef Mickey's and 1900 park fair both are for 8:00 My question is how early are the busses running if the parks arn't opening early anymore
or should we call a cab to get there on time?

Any Drivers Out There? graemlins/mickey.gif

Mufasa22
04-09-2002, 11:23 PM
There will be buses marked 'Character Breakfast' that come by the resorts early enough to get you to your meal.

For 1900/Grand Floridian and Chef Mickey/Contemporary, you will need to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom or TTC and get on the monorail.

Ask at the front desk of your resort.

Swedish Cath
04-10-2002, 03:48 AM
We have a PS for Boma graemlins/tasty.gif graemlins/tasty.gif at 8am on our first morning. We are staying at CBR so how do we get to Boma and what time should we plan to leave CBR?

imported_PolyGirl40
04-10-2002, 07:20 AM
The Character breakfast bus begins running at 7 a.m. I'd be one of the first ones out there at that time. The bus is only for the 4 Parks and does not go to the TTC. You'll have to go to the Magic Kingdom and transfer to the resort monorail.

Cath - Without changing your PS time, you'll have a problem that early traveling from one resort to another. Your best bet is to snag a bus to one of the parks and transfer to an AKL bus. However, the park buses do not begin running until an hour before opening times. If you do not have a car, you should take a cab to meet an 8 o'clock PS for Boma.

Swedish Cath
04-10-2002, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the info. smile.gif What is the best way to book a cab and how much should I expect to pay?

ilovemickey33
04-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Thanks for your help smile.gif That was one I'd never run into before in 7 trips there graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

WDWdriver
04-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Carol has it right, as usual. For the Boma breakfast your best option is a taxi. The resort front desk will call one for you, and it will cost $10 to $15. By the time you have finished breakfast the entire bus system will be running and you can head out from AKL to the park of your choice.

Swedish Cath
04-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Wow $15 seems alot. :eek:

By the way what is the norm for tipping in taxis? Sweden isn't a big tipping country so I don't really have any experience on this one.

DreamFinder2
04-10-2002, 05:19 PM
Cath,

Taxi driver tips are typically 15% of the fare - not less than 25 cents (which won't be a problem for your trip).

Eric
DreamFinder2

Swedish Cath
04-17-2002, 07:40 AM
I'm having second thoughts about such an early breakfast because the taxi is going to really add to the cost. graemlins/shakehead.gif

What time should I change my PS to if I want to use the WDW buses instead? We have to get from CBR to Boma. :confused:

Swedish Cath
04-17-2002, 07:47 AM
.....Or could we get the Character Breakfast bus to AK and walk to AKL from there? Or order a cab to meet us at AK where we get dropped off by the bus?

Any other good ideas??

WDWdriver
04-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Walking is not an option, Cath. The roads in that area were not built with walking in mind. You would have to begin on a back stage road used primarily by buses and cast member traffic. Not a good idea.

To use the normal bus transportation you would need to change your PS to about 8:45 (assuming AK opens at 9:00 on that day). In this case you would leave CBR at about 8:00 and change buses at AK.

Taking a breakfast bus to AK, then a taxi to AKL might work. But you must be sure a taxi will meet you there. At that time of day there will not be taxis waiting at AK.

Swedish Cath
04-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the info. smile.gif

Just out of interest how far is it from AK to AKL?

imported_PolyGirl40
04-17-2002, 09:33 AM
It's literally within minutes.

I agree with Ron. Change your PS so it's closer to the Animal Kingdom opening time. You can hop a bus to the Park and transfer at the resort bus station to get to the Lodge. The park buses begin running about an hour before the parks open. You should be able to grab a bus for AK around 8-ish.

I would not go the cab route.

Don’t cancel. The breakfast buffet at Boma is wonderful and don’t stress about time. They will accommodate you if you’re a little late due to transportation.

Swedish Cath
04-17-2002, 09:39 AM
That sounds abit more positive thanks. :D

So do the Character breakfast buses run from CBR to AK from 7am and then the Park buses from AK to AKL from 8am?

How regular are the breakfast buses? :confused: How long does the bus from CBR to AKL take? :confused:

I can't believe that WDW doesn't make paths for walking between the resorts and parks that are so close together. :( We would happily walk 2 miles instead of waiting 15mins for a bus. Where we live we are used to cycling or walking everywhere. We only use the car for long journeys or to carry alot of stuff.

imported_PolyGirl40
04-17-2002, 07:08 PM
If you're on a direct bus it will take about 20 minutes. However, the Character Breakfast bus often stops along the way.

The buses come every 15-20 minutes. I've never waited that long.

You'll be fine. Have a great time. smile.gif

Timbo
04-18-2002, 09:54 AM
I have an early transportation question as well, and just thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread. graemlins/idea.gif

We have to be at MK at 8:15am for the KttK tour. The park actually opens at 9am. We're staying at OKW. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

:confused: Questions:
Will the usual busses be operating that early?

How early do we need to leave the resort to make it to MK on time?

Thanks in advance!! graemlins/notworthy.gif

WDWdriver
04-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Timbo:

We have to be at MK at 8:15am for the KttK tour. The park actually opens at 9am. We're staying at OKW.
Questions:
Will the usual busses be operating that early?

How early do we need to leave the resort to make it to MK on time?

Hi Timbo
The regular buses will start running from OKW at about 8:00. So you should ride over on a Character Breakfast bus. I would be at the bus stop by 7:15 to be sure you get one coming through by 7:30 or so.

Timbo
04-18-2002, 04:34 PM
:eek: YIKES! 7:15am?? On vacation? Oy, why did I go and make reservations for an 8:30 tour? Oh, yeah, I remember...'cause I thought it would be cool to get a picture of myself on an empty Main Street. graemlins/shakehead.gif What a nut! graemlins/crazy.gif

Thank you, WDWDriver for that info. Do you think we'd better off driving to the TTC? It's been so long since I've done that....how long do you think it would take to drive from OKW to TTC, then transport to MK?

Also...any recommendations on breakfast that early?? I don't think Olivia's opens untill 7:30...and I sure don't feel like cooking. HELP! :rolleyes:

WDWdriver
04-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Timbo, you KNOW I'm not allowed to recommend anything other than the buses! :D

Seriously, if I were you I would drive to the TTC (10 minutes via Epcot Center Drive). The trams won't be running early, so you will have to walk a bit (10 minutes). I would walk to the Poly and have the famous french toast at the Kona Cafe. After breakfast you can step outside and catch the resort monorail over to MK.

This route will get you there a lot quicker and you'll get breakfast, too. Have a great time! smile.gif

Timbo
04-19-2002, 08:28 AM
I don't know why I worry SO much! :rolleyes: With all my friendly and helpful fellow Intercotees and such great CMs like WDWdriver graemlins/notworthy.gif all my anxiety about this challenge has disappeared. ;)

You all are the BEST!!! graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif :cool: graemlins/laughing.gif

Only 3 days, 12 hours to go!!

[ April 19, 2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Timbo ]