PDA

View Full Version : ...Does anyone else have this problem?????...

lorirose
02-03-2002, 03:29 PM
We just spent a week in the world in December. I know that I spend WAY too much time/money on all things Disney.

I have a trip planned for August. We'll be camping (we love to camp!) and I already made ressies for Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Anyways... I can't get it out of my head that we have a week off at the beginning of March. We could drive down, spend 5 nites at the campground, and drive home.

Or we could fly, and spend 3 or 4 nites in a hotel.

In any case, my hubby thinks I'm nuts. He won't be going with me on the next trip.... he probably won't go again for at least a year. I just feel like I need a fix.

Please, someone tell me that I'm not crazy. graemlins/crazy.gif

DONROCK
02-03-2002, 04:13 PM
You have got to be kidding. Do you honestly think that any of us disney lovers would tell you NOT to go?!! GO GO GO !!!!!! And please pick me up on the way!! graemlins/muscles.gif

My family was just there in Sept. I was planning to do the every 2 year trip. But, I am on this web-site everyday and I am sure I will there before 2003. All I do is read, think and plan our next trip. Just can't get enough of Disney!!

Have a super trip, you lucky thing!!

Donna graemlins/mickey.gif

Piglet822
02-03-2002, 05:07 PM
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif
Ahem, graemlins/blush.gif Sorry. I get a little boisterous sometimes. In my opinion, if you've got the time and the means to get there...........................GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif Have fun, and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back.

TheInventor'sDaughter
02-03-2002, 05:27 PM
I totally know what you mean!!

We are going for three nights in March with our extended family (during spring break), and we are also going in November. And we just went two months ago, in November 2001.

Three trips in a year. Wow.

But guess what I just did? I saw the codes that are available April through June, and I checked out airline tickets for the first weekend my kids are out of school.

I did NOT tell my husband about this idea. I know he would think I am NUTS!! But what can I say? I just can't get enough!

Anyway, we cannot afford my idea. However, if you can afford it and really don't need that money for anything else much more important -- then DO IT!! There's nothing like a WDW to make a family closer and more relaxed and happier!!!

:D - Vaneta

goofgal
02-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Of course you're not crazy. Go for it (especially if you can get some good deals).

(This from a woman who went for a weekend in November, a week in January, and then for a few days in January graemlins/blush.gif :blush).

cheshirecollector
02-03-2002, 07:09 PM
You're definitely NOT crazy - you sound like me right after a trip. smile.gif I would love to go more than once every few years, but it's all I can afford.

Disneyrox
02-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Definitely go!!

Trust me, if I had the money I would be gone today. Unfortunely, we don't and we plan yearly visits instead.

maidenites
02-04-2002, 01:11 AM
graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sort of addicted to WDW. I last went in 1999 but am itching to go. Rest of family is bit more reluctant.
I also check these boards about every day. Does this mean I'm hooked? If so, feloow addicts, what happens next? smile.gif :D :D

MaggieMouse
02-04-2002, 07:18 AM
I am absolutely the same way! graemlins/muscles.gif

Getting DH to agree to a trip this year was not a problem (even though we just went at Christmas). But now I'm slowly talking him into two trips, one with just me and the kids. I just get crazy when I think about not going to Disney for a year. graemlins/crazy.gif

SteveL
02-04-2002, 08:29 AM
The best I have heard was a Disney Store ASM I worked with who went to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore with his wife and three little kids.Then, on the spur of the moment, decided to continue South on I-95 to WDW. They had to stop and buy some clothes along the way but they had a great impromptu vacation.
Go for it!

imported_Melanears
02-04-2002, 09:22 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SteveL:
The best I have heard was a Disney Store ASM I worked with who went to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore with his wife and three little kids.Then, on the spur of the moment, decided to continue South on I-95 to WDW. They had to stop and buy some clothes along the way but they had a great impromptu vacation.
Go for it!<hr></blockquote>

That's great! Every time we are on I-95 I remind my husband where it could ultimately take us and here is the response I get - :rolleyes: graemlins/shakehead.gif Oh well, at least I try!

Melanie
graemlins/mickey.gif

wdtrain
02-04-2002, 10:24 AM
graemlins/crazy.gif I must be nuts toooooo!!! Be there in March,um, yup, April too. so come on down (wait a minute, I was just there in december. O well!). And you MUST stay at the campground .Also, we are trying the cruise for the first time in April graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/party.gif

goofgal
02-04-2002, 10:58 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SteveL:
Go for it!<hr></blockquote>

I thought I was bad! One time, I had a 5 day weekend, and they were calling for snow. I decided to go at 2:00 and by 5:30 I was on the road.

disney obsessed
02-04-2002, 11:59 AM
I have made the trip with 24 hours notice. Packing for five and all. Please note my intercot name.

You only live once!

Jawbones
02-04-2002, 12:14 PM
The way I look at it Lori, there are many worse addictions you could have. I used to love to go to Atlantic City and Vegas (more AC). Now, be aware, I am not and I was not a heavy gambler. I really liked to play, and I would play with the amount that I brought. If I won-great, if not, I would stop. However, even if you lose what you brought, and could afford to lose that amount, you still feel unfulfilled at the end of the trip. That's when an addiction is not fun anymore - when you stop enjoying it and NEED TO DO IT! So, I would say - yeah, you are a little nuts, but obviously, so are we if we are on this board. If you can afford it, by all means - GO FOR IT! graemlins/muscles.gif

lorirose
02-04-2002, 03:09 PM
It makes me feel SO much better to know that there are more folks out there who think like me. When I talk to my hubby or my parents about this, they look at me like I need help. graemlins/doubleeek.gif

I haven't quite decided what I'll do... I'm keeeping my eyes open for a really cheap rate... it is peak season, you know. I called yesterday and found out that a partial hook up campsite wat $59.00... before tax!!! :eek:

That's a bit much for a campsite, I think.

...oh well... I guess this means I'll have to keep searching and calling and trying to find a great rate. :D

maidenites
02-05-2002, 12:22 AM
I have a theory that this WDW fixation/ obesession/ passion comes from the type of thinking you do on a regular basis. IN my work I do lots of imagining, visioning, leadership thru vision, etc. Others I know who are nuts over WDW do the same sort of thinking in their vocations.
Sorry to be so philosophical smile.gif :cool: . Just cover this whole post in magic dust.

graemlins/mickey.gif

kyndallsma
02-05-2002, 02:26 AM
Go for it, lorirose. My mom and I have decided that once a year is not good enough. We are going to start going at least twice a year (hopefully). My husband thinks that I am absoultely insane. I just agree with him when he says I am crazy.

Tinker-Brendie
02-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Mt DH told my DD and me that our WDW trip in October 1999 would be our last for a while.
HA!
We were back in WDW the next fall and he said the same thing. After we got home, I wrote
"We need..." on a marker board grocery list on our fridge.
The next day I found this on the board:

"We need...
to go to Disney World!"

It's been there ever since and we leave again in 9 days - LOL!
Look out Pirates... here we come! graemlins/mickey.gif

G
02-05-2002, 11:14 AM
YOU ARE NOT CRAZY.

I do not consider myself crazy. I look at my WDW as a hobby. Some people like golf, bowling, or sking. I like WDW :D .

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: G ]</p>

CJDDS
02-05-2002, 12:47 PM
The great part about camping at Ft. Wilderness is that you can afford to do the World more often!!!! I'd go more if I could just get away from this office more!!! graemlins/beer.gif